Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

@redskykiter
Good to see a new poster around here. Would you be able to use a program like SignalCheck (or equivalent) and post the SID and BID values. I just wonder which tower you are connecting to. Would need on a good and bad day.

I can tell you for a fact that the closest tower to you has had this issue with one cell for sure. Off and one for the last month. Also when it happened for me I was constantly jumping around 6 towers.

• Like 1

Thankfully our contracts are up in May. Sprint has us until then....I think we've been on Sprint since 98. It's never been this bad.

Lucky, I'm regretting resigning. Half tempted just to pay termination fee tired of nothing getting resolved half people I call I have to call twice because when they answer first time all I hear is myself. Told sprint but it's always same answer "upgrading"

@redskykiter

Good to see a new poster around here. Would you be able to use a program like SignalCheck (or equivalent) and post the SID and BID values. I just wonder which tower you are connecting to. Would need on a good and bad day.

I can tell you for a fact that the closest tower to you has had this issue with one cell for sure. Off and one for the last month. Also when it happened for me I was constantly jumping around 6 towers.

My problem I believe is tower SID: 4126, BID: 44852 (xAF34).  I'm assuming it's next to Rudy's Hot Dog on Summit. Signal bounces between 85-111dBm.  (however it seems fine right now)

Screenshot_2013-12-08-08-09-17.pngScreenshot_2013-12-08-08-10-19.pngScreenshot_2013-12-08-08-15-48.png

Edited by redskykiter

Based on what I have written down for these towers.

Ketukkee Trail is the one behind Meijer.

Waldorf is over by I-280

Rudy's is actually the 514 (hex 202)

The last one has got me. That is a new 3G site for around here. Guess I really need to check that site Ryan asked me to a week ago and have been busy.

edit: I spend a lot of time in this area so these are the towers I have the most data for.

• Like 1

Sorry for spamming.  So I just figured out (by dialing *99) that I am connecting to someone's air rave... This may explain my crap signal??   Do air rave's have their own BID? If I'm not connected to this BID 44852 everything works fine.  Any suggestions on how to not connect to a neighbor's air rave?

Sorry for spamming.  So I just figured out (by dialing *99) that I am connecting to someone's air rave... This may explain my crap signal??   Do air rave's have their own BID? If I'm not connected to this BID 44852 everything works fine.  Any suggestions on how to not connect to a neighbor's air rave?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3208-airave-handoff-with-neighbor-calls-dropping/

Thanks @blkkatana.  I Spent the morning on chat and phone yesterday with sprint.  He tried to find the neighbor with the airrave and couldn't.  "WOW this person must really have that thing cranked to the max" Regardless, they are sending me a free air rave.

Is there any word on whether Toledo will get 1x800? I enjoyed it in Chicago a few weeks ago and noticed near Monroe yesterday 1xRTT.

.... In a nutshell, yes. Each new network vision site has 2 new RRU's..1900 and 800.... As far in Monroe, those sites only have 1900 up... On the outside of West Toledo which where I live in sylvania, they been tested 800 only at one site

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

.... In a nutshell, yes. Each new network vision site has 2 new RRU's..1900 and 800.... As far in Monroe, those sites only have 1900 up... On the outside of West Toledo which where I live in sylvania, they been tested 800 only at one site Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

@redskykiter I have connected to that 800 site at my house when bid 514 was out. I was also connecting to the most southern accepted site in Michigan also.

edit: Check the screen shot for that. At my house I had a -105 RSSI -22.0dB Ec/Io. It would rate that as almost usable.

• Like 1

They're putting the hybrid cable in today..Douglas n Bancroft.... Everything else is set up, let's see how long this is gonna take to get accepted. This is a high-capacity site and it has fiber

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

post-329-138721174813_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I see we have finally popped up on the to do list...now lets see what the future holds. (As I order my Tmobile sim card for a taste of lte)

Been there bro lol, it's nice for sure speeds are pretty good 20-40 megs. I think things will start firing up more, but that's me being optimistic of cource :tu:
  • Like 1

What phone did you get for T-Mobile? I have to get them for my new job but will still have sprint on top of it.

I just just got a cheap one scince I was a student worker at Owens and making poor man's pay, but it's the LG F6

Sent from my T-Mobile F6