Network Vision/LTE - Mississippi Market (Jackson, Hattiesburg, Meridian)

S4GRU

Correct, the panels really don't care what you send through them. Nor do they care how many carriers go through them. Just have to hook them altogether without a ton of insertion loss from combiners.

Sent from my little Note2

• 4 months later...

Heads up Mississippi Market.  LTE is starting to fire up in the Jackson and Hattiesburg areas.  Locations of the sites posted in the sponsor thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page-148?p=155508&do=findComment&comment=155508

• Like 2

Digiblur, how do I access this thread? I signed in. I keep getting 4g for ten seconds at a time! Then gone. 4-5 times a day. Is this just the network being pinged, tested, or what? First time this happened I did a flip and it lasted for 6-7 joyous minutes. Thought it was here, done. But nope.. Gone. But I did hit 9.6 mbps

Digiblur, how do I access this thread? I signed in. I keep getting 4g for ten seconds at a time! Then gone. 4-5 times a day. Is this just the network being pinged, tested, or what? First time this happened I did a flip and it lasted for 6-7 joyous minutes. Thought it was here, done. But nope.. Gone. But I did hit 9.6 mbps

Here's how!

You might not have a good signal. You can see the signal in your LTE engineering screen. Look in my signature for info.

Also if you have an android phone be sure and map the 4g with the Sensorly app.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

No one has posted on here since 2015. Thought I would still post anyway. I saw 10x10 B25 in Jackson Mississippi.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread, I saw B41 LTE in Magnolia, MS on I-55 the other day. Ran a speed test and it was in the mid 30's. I was traveling south to north on the interstate and saw what appeared to be the alpha and gamma sectors. This is new to me!!

• Like 2

Resurrecting an old thread, I saw B41 LTE in Magnolia, MS on I-55 the other day. Ran a speed test and it was in the mid 30's. I was traveling south to north on the interstate and saw what appeared to be the alpha and gamma sectors. This is new to me!!
Does that same area happen to have 10x10 B25?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Bigcuzdave said:

I also saw this on the MS Gulf Coast today. I'm seeing lots of B41 pop up, so I know Sprint is getting things done, I just haven't seen any of it reflected on the coverage map. 

Where on the coast? The official coverage map seems to lag several months (longer in some cases) behind deployments. We have other sources that do show coverage in areas that the official map does not. However the MS Coast right now does not show any new coverage, so it was probably recently added.

• 9 months later...

First post of 2019! I just noticed this morning Sprint's coverage maps are transitioning to showing C-Spire coverage in Mississippi as native 4G LTE rather than "Extended 4G LTE".

I've been trying to gradually map out Sprint's LTE coverage on CellMapper in the Jackson metro area using my Google Fi, but over the past few months when I force it onto Sprint, it often switches me over to C-Spire towers even when I'm in the Sprint footprint. I can't seem to do anything (reboot, switching network, etc) to force it back onto Sprint towers, either. It's a plus for me having better coverage, but it has made it difficult to map out Sprint coverage. I'm not sure what the experience would be for someone using regular Sprint service, but I've contemplated getting a temporary prepaid plan to finish carrying out my mapping efforts.

So far the only tower in the immediately area I'm aware of on B41 is one on the campus of Jackson State. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ActionJacksonWX said:

First post of 2019! I just noticed this morning Sprint's coverage maps are transitioning to showing C-Spire coverage in Mississippi as native 4G LTE rather than "Extended 4G LTE".

I've been trying to gradually map out Sprint's LTE coverage on CellMapper in the Jackson metro area using my Google Fi, but over the past few months when I force it onto Sprint, it often switches me over to C-Spire towers even when I'm in the Sprint footprint. I can't seem to do anything (reboot, switching network, etc) to force it back onto Sprint towers, either. It's a plus for me having better coverage, but it has made it difficult to map out Sprint coverage. I'm not sure what the experience would be for someone using regular Sprint service, but I've contemplated getting a temporary prepaid plan to finish carrying out my mapping efforts.

So far the only tower in the immediately area I'm aware of on B41 is one on the campus of Jackson State. 

We noticed that today. Unsure if that was an error or if they're intentionally marking C-Spire as native rather than pseudo-native (extended). The end experience likely isn't any different, unless they are allowing users onto the C-Spire network even within the Sprint signal footprint.

• Like 1