Network Vision/LTE - East Iowa Market (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls)

S4GRU

Looks like Mt. Pleasant, IA had a LTE site accepted. The LTE tower in Moline is still not turned of this morning - however I have been getting my eHRPD signal dropping all morning, then coming back 5-10 minutes later - anyone else notice this on the Illinois side?  I am really hoping my LTE alarm goes off sometime soon!!!!

On a side note - I will be going by the Bettendorf NV site later today to see what progress they have made. they had some panels under tarp on the ground on Saturday night.

make sure you post anything you find, or don't find, in the sponsor IA/NE thread as we are keeping our own spreadsheet and map of the progress updated in there.

• Like 1

First post here but just saw I have 4g here in Cedar Falls. Speeds aren't super fast yet but definitely have 4g now!

gratz! and welcome to the site! if possible next time you connect to it, could you follow the steps here to get the serving cell info so we can add it to our spreadsheet we are using to track the upgrades? thanks!

I live in Northern Cedar Falls Iowa and noticed LTE late last night, and a few times this morning.

Getting excited to see it turned on full time in the Cedar Valley area!

I'm running a IPhone 5, I will try to get the cell information next time it turns on.

I did a speed test and found 1.5 Mbps down and 8.5 Mbps up

Edited by pastorbond
  • Like 2

Okay so I'm finally getting "steady" LTE as in it stays connected and not the usual intermittent pop up. So I've attached some of my screen shots to see if anyone can make sense of it.

My signal is a pretty steady 109-112 dbm but as you can see my 1x800 signal is coming from the scotty Dr tower and is great at a usual 67dbm. So from what I gather this lte signal isn't from the same scotty Dr tower? And if so can anyone help me figure out what tower I'm on given the screen shots? Thanks!

SW side of Cedar Rapids

post-24928-0-06266600-1379559796_thumb.png

post-24928-0-77960000-1379559814_thumb.png

post-24928-0-43062200-1379559851_thumb.png

post-24928-0-72187900-1379559868_thumb.png

• Like 1

Which map? I've checked the NV Sites Completed Map and it shows the Scotty Dr Tower as 3G only. Not 4G yet. Also I looked at the NV Site Map for Nebraska/Iowa and all that shows are towers scheduled to get NV upgrades. Is there another map I missed? 

I guess my question is, from the screen shots, is it possible to determine what tower in specific I'm receiving LTE from? Kind of like how under 1x800 in Signal Check app it shows i'm connected to the Scotty Dr. Tower. 

and/or does the LTE Engineering screen shot provide/specify a "tower number" anywhere in that info provided that I can then come here to the S4GRU maps and compare? As far as I can tell the maps only give locations of the towers and not actual tower numbers or such. 

I only question which tower I'm receiving LTE from because I am probably about half a mile away from the Scotty Dr tower so my EVDO and 1x800 signals are always in the -64 to -70 dbm range and my newly received LTE signal is pretty consistently around -109 to -112 dbm. So that along with the NV Sited Complete map showing Scotty Dr tower as still only 3G makes me think I'm pulling LTE from a tower further away.

I could be totally wrong so please correct me if I'm mistaken. Just trying to figure it out. 

Which map? I've checked the NV Sites Completed Map and it shows the Scotty Dr Tower as 3G only. Not 4G yet. Also I looked at the NV Site Map for Nebraska/Iowa and all that shows are towers scheduled to get NV upgrades. Is there another map I missed? 

This isn't the thread to be talking about site locations in. As a sponsor you have access to this thread here where site locations can be discussed. The first post in that thread has a map of all of the sites in Nebraska and Iowa. You also have access to the East Iowa spreadsheet and map in the post here. The second link has information on sites that as we update it will confirm which tower someone is connected to (the answer to your question about where you are getting LTE from is already posted in the spreadsheet in the second link).

• Like 1

The tower in the quad city went live sometime yesterday.

I did some mapping this morning on Sensorly. Just waiting for sensorly to update the map.

Done some speed test.  Just have to figure out how to post pics here.

Later,

John

• Like 3

Just had 4g for about 2 seconds - then poof!!!! Gone. My office is right across from Southpark (about a half mile from the tower). The problem is I am in a gross all metal building.While I was typing it kicked back on again - twice.

I done some mapping out by the airport today.  I had to go to to thunder road hobby. 

attachicon.gif552680_10201538162228796_2006151297_n.jpg

here is a screen shot of some of the mapping I and someone else has done.

later,

JOhn

very nice! that looks like some nice range from that tower!!!

just remember, you have 1 4G tower live. that tower will be serving hundreds of more people on LTE then it will once all the rest of the towers around there are complete. so once more towers go live you will have less people sharing the bandwidth on each tower so speeds will go back up. Not only that but LTE is very signal strength dependant, so if you are at the edge of the signal you will have slow speeds even if you are the only person connected to that tower, thats just how LTE is.

My personel testing from John Deere road and 16th has been an average of 6.7MB down 2.9mb up for that last two days on Sprint 4G, on the 18th at 5:00pm is when we received the 4G signal at my home in the area. The next morning as I drove to work up 16th street hill the signal went back to 3G as I passed the channel 8 WQAD building. Today the 20th that same test I had 4G all the way to 23rd Ave at Whitey's then back the 3G. I'll add more testing results as I drive through our QCA.

• Like 1

First post here but just saw I have 4g here in Cedar Falls. Speeds aren't super fast yet but definitely have 4g now!

Really??  AWESOME!  Is it all over the place or only in a small area?  Where exactly can you get it?  Down town?  Along University Ave?

This isn't the thread to be talking about site locations in. As a sponsor you have access to this thread here where site locations can be discussed. The first post in that thread has a map of all of the sites in Nebraska and Iowa. You also have access to the East Iowa spreadsheet and map in the post here. The second link has information on sites that as we update it will confirm which tower someone is connected to (the answer to your question about where you are getting LTE from is already posted in the spreadsheet in the second link).

Sounds like a great resource but it keeps asking me for a password.  Sorry for the newb question, but what's the password?