Network Vision/LTE - East Iowa Market (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls)

S4GRU

Do you guys know when a specific tower will be upgraded? 3G in my central Davenport house is pathetic, and virtually unusable I can't even usually load this website with no pictures or animation

We don't know when one will be upgraded, but the ones that are upgraded for 4G aren't upgraded for 3G yet.  So 3G still may be bad.  I can tell you that the tower South of Milan IL has been upgraded for 3G (but not 4G), and speeds are around 2Mbit down.

• Like 1

I'm from Dubuque and no 4G here yet...but I was down in Davenport last weekend near the I-74/I-80 area and my phone said it was on 4G...that's all I know...but hey, that's good news for the QCA, right? Here's hoping Dubuque gets 4G soon...I got my Evo 4G LTE a year ago this Sunday and alas, still no 4G in Dubuque.

It's also nice to see traffic going straight to Chicago instead of Kansas City, much faster pings!

traceroute to google.com (74.125.225.37), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
 1  sprinthotspot (192.168.1.1)  1.819 ms  1.872 ms  2.666 ms
 2  * * *
 3  10.156.31.75 (10.156.31.75)  93.992 ms  93.894 ms  93.821 ms
 4  10.156.28.198 (10.156.28.198)  93.684 ms  93.087 ms  111.969 ms
 5  * * *
 6  66.1.28.242 (66.1.28.242)  171.405 ms  171.015 ms  171.001 ms
 7  144.228.98.29 (144.228.98.29)  171.106 ms  88.079 ms  87.775 ms
 8  144.232.1.72 (144.232.1.72)  95.634 ms  91.660 ms  91.369 ms
 9  144.232.1.102 (144.232.1.102)  82.575 ms  76.412 ms  93.086 ms
10  72.14.213.31 (72.14.213.31)  93.219 ms  92.787 ms  98.231 ms
11  209.85.244.1 (209.85.244.1)  98.388 ms  94.067 ms  95.487 ms
12  209.85.250.28 (209.85.250.28)  91.629 ms  85.057 ms  107.034 ms
13  ord08s06-in-f5.1e100.net (74.125.225.37)  86.895 ms  90.678 ms  103.063 ms

3G upgrades are here in the metro Quad Cities! Last week I was lucky to get 0.2MBit down in town and now it's pretty amazing! This is at Augustana College:

3051312760.png

Lol love how it still gets an F+....good old sprint. I use to be lucky to get a signal at 1pm...maybe speeds of .01-.04mb...speed test just got .98 mb...in my home just north of Ambrose. Edited by chris5483

Any new updates out there??? Been kind of quiet here.

other than 10 sites that are still legacy east iowa is basically done as far as initial acceptances go. they are just waiting on backhaul to get to all the 3G only accepted sites so they can turn LTE on.

i would be very doubtful, all of the dubuque sites are 3G accepted, meaning the equipment is installed and has been signed off on. since 4G wasn't turned on that means backhaul wasn't in place yet. however all of the dubuque towers were also GMO sites, so even if they do have backhaul now they are very low priority to getting LTE turned on.

i would be very doubtful, all of the dubuque sites are 3G accepted, meaning the equipment is installed and has been signed off on. since 4G wasn't turned on that means backhaul wasn't in place yet. however all of the dubuque towers were also GMO sites, so even if they do have backhaul now they are very low priority to getting LTE turned on.

Well that sucks I was hoping we would get it here soon but guess not oh well hope some time we do. Thanks for the updates

other than 10 sites that are still legacy east iowa is basically done as far as initial acceptances go. they are just waiting on backhaul to get to all the 3G only accepted sites so they can turn LTE on.

What does that mean for the rest of the Quad Cities?

i'm not sure what you mean?

I don't understand what you mean by legacy and "waiting on backhaul to get to all the 3G only accepted sites so they can turn LTE on." Basically I'm wondering when the rest of the Quad Cities will have 4G.

I don't understand what you mean by legacy and "waiting on backhaul to get to all the 3G only accepted sites so they can turn LTE on." Basically I'm wondering when the rest of the Quad Cities will have 4G.

ah ok :) legacy sites are sites that haven't had any new network vision equipment installed yet. the 10 i mentioned are not in the quad cities, they are in the east iowa market. all of the towers in the quad cities have been at least 3G accepted with some even having been 4G accepted, meaning LTE turned on.

as to when the rest of the 3G only towers will get 4G, the answer is, no one knows, not even sprint. they are waiting on backhaul (fiber) to get run to them and thats in the hands of whoever sprint hired to do backhaul in the quad cities. so whenever they do get backhaul run to them sprint will send someone out to turn on 4G, and it will happen on a site by site basis as backhaul gets completed.

The important thing to know is that all of the sites in the Quad Cities area have 4G equipment installed, which means that once bakchaul arrives at the site, it will be a quick turnaround to get LTE running. 

The important thing to know is that all of the sites in the Quad Cities area have 4G equipment installed, which means that once bakchaul arrives at the site, it will be a quick turnaround to get LTE running.

Awesome! Thanks for your response too !

Can't wait for that to happen as it appears that the speeds are really starting to slow down for the past week.

Hopefully once the other sites are done, then it will take the strain of the completed towers.

Can't wait for that to happen as it appears that the speeds are really starting to slow down for the past week.

Hopefully once the other sites are done, then it will take the strain of the completed towers.

A bunch of new sites were accepted for LTE today in the Quad Cities area. Where are you?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I was on John Deere road and 41at Street. I used to pull down 12/6 and now I was getting 2/.5. Plus for the past week I had to go to airplane mode just to get 4g. That was one of the first towers in the area to get 4g.

Plus in Milan and Coal Valley, the 3G speeds were .05/.02. A week ago they were 1/.6.

In Dubuque, I was at the Sprint store for an upgrade and was talking to the sales guy about 4G in Dubuque. He said that a fire has been lit under their @$$ to get Dubuque done. He said the Sprint rep that comes to the store is always hearing complaints and inquiries about when 4G will arrive and that "it's sad that Mt. Pleasant has 4G while Dubuque does not."  I asked if it would be within the next month or so and he gave an adamant "yes", but couldn't give an actual date.

• Like 1

In Dubuque, I was at the Sprint store for an upgrade and was talking to the sales guy about 4G in Dubuque. He said that a fire has been lit under their @$$ to get Dubuque done. He said the Sprint rep that comes to the store is always hearing complaints and inquiries about when 4G will arrive and that "it's sad that Mt. Pleasant has 4G while Dubuque does not."  I asked if it would be within the next month or so and he gave an adamant "yes", but couldn't give an actual date.

that's great news now lets just hope that it happens!!!!

In Dubuque, I was at the Sprint store for an upgrade and was talking to the sales guy about 4G in Dubuque. He said that a fire has been lit under their @$$ to get Dubuque done.

Any sign of CDMA 800 around Dubuque yet?