Network Vision/LTE - East Iowa Market (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls)

S4GRU

Up and producing LTE

Yeah that won't be happening tomorrow. This site will still probably be visited by 1 more crew to finish the cable runs and hook everything up to the base station. Additionally at least one more visit will be required  by an Ericsson integration tech for site acceptance and activation. Additionally, without pictures of the base station the site may not even have fiber backhaul yet for LTE. If backhaul is there, they'll likely have this site up and running within a couple of weeks. If backhaul isn't at the site yet the timeline goes to tbd.

Indeed I'm just letting you know it still takes time. There are sites that have had the new panels for 6+ months without LTE. The good news is the GMO to full build conversions were done in part because fiber was at the sites.

• Like 1

this is by no means to imply this is how it will be there, but as an example, we had a GMO in the metro here, get new panels installed on 04/29/2014. Fiber was already at the site, it then got LTE accepted on 05/17/2014, so about two weeks from conversion to LTE. but like Nuke said, there are many factors that could impact this, not only does the site need fiber to get LTE, but the inspection crew to sign off that the tower meets standards, and the integration crew that enables LTE are all separate from the crews actually installing the equipment. So there might not be either of those other 2 crews in the area to do their part even if the site does have fiber and the equipment is all installed.

don't get me wrong, its definitely exciting that GMO conversions are happening, just don't get your hopes up that LTE will be "soon" :)

Sprint sucks, I'm still getting downloads of 0.2 MB in central Davenport ..what's the hold up for the rest of the QC??

Give me an idea of the area you are talking about, cause I see a lot of 800mhz LTE acceptance in the past 45 days. What device are you on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Give me an idea of the area you are talking about, cause I see a lot of 800mhz LTE acceptance in the past 45 days. What device are you on?

Around 35th street and Harrison Street

Tower north of you by a few blocks just got 1x 800 acceptance today and LTE in the next 90. Tower just due south and south east are 3G only, no 800 yet on either but after that, 800/1900 voice and LTE upgrades. I'd wonder if there are landlord issues, but I'm just speculating.

When it shows acceptance it is on air.

while this is the case the majority of the time, its not always 100%. Acceptance just means its passed inspection, it doesn't mean an integration crew has been to the site to bring it online yet. For example, we still have about 5 towers around here that have been accepted, some of them for months, that are not broadcasting Band 25 yet.

Explain Please

Assuming when you said you had the HTC one you were meaning the M7 not the M8. The M7 is not tri band which means it can only access LTE on 1900. Not 800 or 2600. Now if you have the M8 then it is tri band and you can connect to all 3 LTE bands.

Well damn! I do have the old one! So it'll eventually roll out?

Are you talking about the other LTE bands rolling out? If so then yes they will. More likely than not LTE 800, also referred to band 26, is getting installed and activated at the same time as LTE 1900, which is band 25 and the default band all LTE phones support. Then sometime over the next year they will go back and install additional panels that support LTE 2600, band 41.

• Like 1

I don't know what's going on for you guys...I have LTE all over Dubuque.  I drove to chicago a couple weeks ago, and had LTE all the way across highway 20!

I don't know what's going on for you guys...I have LTE all over Dubuque.  I drove to chicago a couple weeks ago, and had LTE all the way across highway 20!

What kind of phone do you have?