Network Vision/LTE - East Iowa Market (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls)

S4GRU

I am in Cedar Rapids. Just switched back to Sprint via MVNO (Ting). Should I be seeing 4g LTE now? I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE. I see CDMA - eHRPD under status. My wife was on stock rom and had 4g. Now I am on custom rom and cannot get 4g and I should be. My PRL is 24016 and radio is GJ04. I am near Blairs Ferry road and C Avenue.

What are people's experiences on the CR tower at Lindale Mall? I've got a strong LTE signal but no usable data. Had to switch to 3G to use the phone. Just visiting for the holidays so just curious if this tower is complete or in progress?

It was providing good LTE up until week before Thanksgiving. I too had great signal strength but no data.

Does this mean that all 3G sites should now be LTE now?  

No. It just means the new equipment is installed and voice and 3G has shifted to the new equipment. Thus there are no more "legacy" or "old" sites in East Iowa right now. LTE activation is separate, but the equipment is there no on every site. Fiber backhaul and acceptance by Sprint are still needed on many of the East Iowa sites before LTE begins broadcasting. Maps of where sites sit progress wise in East Iowa are available to sponsors of the site in my signature line.

It was providing good LTE up until week before Thanksgiving. I too had great signal strength but no data.

$G LTE is back on for this tower, drove by last night and was pulling 20M down, 7M up.

• Like 2

Forgive the noob-ism, but does "fiber capped" on such-and-such a day mean that tower has backhaul and is LTE ready? Or does that mean something else?

On another note, Mediacom has been going offline between midnight and 6AM for the past few days. Maybe they're running new fiber?

On another note, Mediacom has been going offline between midnight and 6AM for the past few days. Maybe they're running new fiber?

I'd prefer to discuss items pertaining to the spreadsheet and other perks of being a sponsor in the sponsor thread.- Thanks.

Self-censored accordingly. My apologies for the infraction.

No worries there was no infraction there all as far as I'm concerned. We've just put a lot of effort into those maps and spreadsheets to help us and ultimately the site as well out. I'd prefer people (like you did) support the site and as a perk of that you get access to the detailed information we have there.

I responded to you on the sponsor side. :tu:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4711-nebraska-iowa-market-spreadsheets-and-maps/?p=248679

Dkoellerwx expects the Quad Cities and Cedar Rapids to be officially "launched" as LTE markets by Sprint imminently based on Sprint updating coverage maps (which they tend to do before launching a market).

Keep in mind this is largely a marketing decision as there are still sites that will get LTE in both the Quad Cities and Cedar Rapids that don't have it yet (where those sites are located is available to site sponsors by clicking the link in my signature).

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5175-sprint-launching-new-lte-cities-december-2013/&do=findComment&comment=251609

• 3 weeks later...

Had a sighting of 4G in Iowa City yesterday, but it was gone today. Hopefully means it is very close. East side, on HWY 6.

4giowacity.jpg

Become a sponsor and check out the sponsor threads and see a lot more info on our sites and great info from many other awesome people. Iowa City has had LTE for a couple weeks. Pretty cool! Hopefully more to come soon!

• 1 month later...

Got this text yesterday from sprint! Any value in it?SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1 Reply S to stop

Yes, the value is that you now owe me $3 for my time.

AJ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First Band 26 sites accepted in the East Iowa market. Details in the Premier Sponsor B26/LTE 800 thread.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 1 month later...