Network Vision/LTE - East Iowa Market (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls)

S4GRU

As a sponsor you may want to check out this thread. A map of the sites in Iowa City and their progress can be found there.

Thanks for that.  I had been watching the sponsor thread.  It seems that RRU's have been up for a couple months here in the Iowa City area but nothing else happening.  Just wondering if anyone else had info.  I have a friend who is a head-end tech for mediacom and he said they ran fiber back-haul to the Dane Road tower months ago and I haven't seen a peep out of it.  I can't believe its taking so long here with it being a decent sized college town!

Thanks for that.  I had been watching the sponsor thread.  It seems that RRU's have been up for a couple months here in the Iowa City area but nothing else happening.  Just wondering if anyone else had info.  I have a friend who is a head-end tech for mediacom and he said they ran fiber back-haul to the Dane Road tower months ago and I haven't seen a peep out of it.  I can't believe its taking so long here with it being a decent sized college town!

unfortunately because of samsung having to change their acceptance routine because of the tri-band device issue, no one knows anything past verifying equipment is installed on towers. being in iowa city you will know before most the day you look down at your phone and see it connected to LTE. anything prior to that is just people guessing :(

Oh boy, not so good news according to this. This shows only 3 locations in Dubuque, but it could be safe to assume it's for all locations in Dubuque:

q1h3.png

Not even upgrades yet I bet it will be mid next year for dbq

Well we know that's not true. All sites in Dubuque have seen updates, NV equipment (LTE ready) is installed. All that's left now is to get backhaul to the sites.

• Like 1

A few towers switched to 1x800 here in Iowa City overnight. The one on top of the Sheraton Hotel, The one on Jakes Way, and Kirkwood tower. Maybe LTE soon...

post screen shots in the sponsor thread so we can update the spreadsheet! :)

• Like 2

Congratulations East Iowa Market, as of this morning there are no legacy sites left!!!!!!! :tu: :jester: :frantic:

Booyah! This is the first market to reach that milestone, I believe.

So who finished first? And how close was/is Shentel?

I think Puerto Rico finished first. PR and Ft. Wayne / South Bend both completed in August. I believe Shentel is reported to be complete now as well, but we don't have a full site count for them, so I'm not sure.

• Like 1

I believe the chicago market is 100 percent

Chicago, South Bend / Fort Wayne, and Puerto Rico beat ya to it.

Nope- 7 sites left in Chicagoland, and one site left in the Ft. Wayne/South Bend market. Puerto Rico wasn't on my radar so I'm not sure if they're truly at 100% or not- they had been at 95% for what seemed like forever so I had assumed they were still stuck there. Shentel we can speculate about but who knows until the next report comes in?

Either way, within the 50 states at least East Iowa appears to be the first, which I doubt anyone would have predicted from the outset of the project.

• Like 1

Well I think have some great news for us here in the Cedar Falls, Iowa area.  My house is about 1/4 mile as the crow flies (Fairview Cemetary / 1216 Clark Drive, Cedar Falls, IA 50613) and @ 19:20 I'm receiving an LTE signal.  I know that the strength of the signal is pretty bad - but I'm in the basement. :)

So, tomorrow I should be able to grab screenshots of this tower and then see if they've turned on any of the other remaining towers.

Yay! :)

DM03IP327 2013-11-23-19-20-45.png

1x800 in Davenport today! First time my G2 got it in the area.

There has been enough 1x800 in the Quad Cities to blanket the cities for several weeks. The maps of site locations and site status for specific sites is available in my signature for sponsors of the site.

Nope- 7 sites left in Chicagoland, and one site left in the Ft. Wayne/South Bend market. Puerto Rico wasn't on my radar so I'm not sure if they're truly at 100% or not- they had been at 95% for what seemed like forever so I had assumed they were still stuck there. Shentel we can speculate about but who knows until the next report comes in?

Either way, within the 50 states at least East Iowa appears to be the first, which I doubt anyone would have predicted from the outset of the project.

Well the Dakotas appear to be complete as well. Not sure when that happened.

What are people's experiences on the CR tower at Lindale Mall? I've got a strong LTE signal but no usable data. Had to switch to 3G to use the phone. Just visiting for the holidays so just curious if this tower is complete or in progress?