Fastest Speeds Ever Seen on WiMax

Paynefanbro

When I still had the original EVO 4G.

Portland, Oregon @2:15PM

1176956637.png

Wow. I've never exceeded 16Mbps on WiMax. That is admirable.

Robert

• Like 1

Just pulled a nice 13.50 down and 3.76 up a Clear Voyager. Believe it or not, better then the 9.34 down and 1.47 up on my current Sprint LTE connection. Not bad. Ping is a bit high though- 80ms compared to 42 on LTE.

Just pulled a nice 13.50 down and 3.76 up a Clear Voyager. Believe it or not, better then the 9.34 down and 1.47 up on my current Sprint LTE connection. Not bad. Ping is a bit high though- 80ms compared to 42 on LTE.

Wow...never could pull that with my Voyager when I had it, even though I had perfect signal with low load. Maybe Clear has throttled such devices in the past and is now removing those caps? I had no problem getting 12-plus Mbps with the Clear Hub in the same location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow...never could pull that with my Voyager when I had it, even though I had perfect signal with low load. Maybe Clear has throttled such devices in the past and is now removing those caps? I had no problem getting 12-plus Mbps with the Clear Hub in the same location.

It was plugged in via USB.

37/17 on 10mhz channels iirc. Problem is Clearwire never had the requisite backhaul for those kind of speeds and we've only been getting faster speeds because CW is prepping sites for TDD-LTE alongside decreases in wimax users.

It was plugged in via USB.

I have plugged in the Voyager via USB and didn't get any higher speeds than on WiFi. Then again, maybe the Mac drivers are poorer than the Windows one?

37/17 on 10mhz channels iirc. Problem is Clearwire never had the requisite backhaul for those kind of speeds and we've only been getting faster speeds because CW is prepping sites for TDD-LTE alongside decreases in wimax users.

So relatively close to the same as LTE? 10mhz is the same as 5x5?

I have plugged in the Voyager via USB and didn't get any higher speeds than on WiFi. Then again, maybe the Mac drivers are poorer than the Windows one?

I was actually using a Samsung Ultrabook. It wasn't mine, but the hotspot was.

So relatively close to the same as LTE? 10mhz is the same as 5x5?

20mhz TDD has the same total bandwidth as 10x10 FDD however that 20mhz can be divided up asymetrically with varying downlink and uplink bandwidths like 15 x 5 mhz (adds up to 20).

20mhz TDD has the same total bandwidth as 10x10 FDD however that 20mhz can be divided up asymetrically with varying downlink and uplink bandwidths like 15 x 5 mhz (adds up to 20).

Not exactly. TDD stands for Time Division Duplex. The division between uplink and downlink is in time, not frequency. The entire carrier bandwidth is devoted to uplink, then downlink on an alternating basis.

AJ

• Like 1

Not exactly. TDD stands for Time Division Duplex. The division between uplink and downlink is in time, not frequency. The entire carrier bandwidth is devoted to uplink, then downlink on an alternating basis.

AJ

I assume there is some limit on how much time can be allocated to a single pathway? As in only 90% of the time can ever be diverted to downlink to keep checking if traffic has become available for uplink? Am I way off on that one?

I assume there is some limit on how much time can be allocated to a single pathway? As in only 90% of the time can ever be diverted to downlink to keep checking if traffic has become available for uplink? Am I way off on that one?

Yeah, the TDD allocation can be changed, though that is a configuration at the network level, as all TDD devices need to maintain a fairly precise synchronization to avoid transmitting while other TDD devices are receiving (and vice versa). If I recall correctly, the default TDD allocation that I have seen for WiMAX is roughly 40/60, uplink/downlink, not taking into the account the guard periods that must be inserted at each link transition.

AJ

• 5 weeks later...
1358713765.png

Otherwise 21-22 x1.5 mbps every day.. Those where the days...

Is this even possible? I read earlier that the max down speed for wimax is under 40.

Sent from my SPH-L700 using Tapatalk 2