kckid

Samsung replacing faulty S3

The issue appears to be related to the NAND becoming corrupted and killing off the Galaxy S III’s mainboard, which causes the phone to essentially “brick” itself.

http://bgr.com/2012/...failure-262887/

Probably simply replacing the memory chip from a different working phone will bring them back to life (tech in an S&R store here, it's not that difficult). We see it with the Nexus S as well occasionally, simply moving the NAND chip over from a harvested phone brings it back. I've never seen an S3 come in DOA like this though.

That being said I don't trust anything coming from XDA without a good amount of salt. I see a lot of stuff posted around there as fact that is just plain wrong and has been proven wrong on may occasions. I see things posted all the time in XDA about "huge issues" that I never see in our store (One of the top 20 stores in the country for customer volume).

Looks like there is a fix coming from Samsung!!

"the problem is in a firmware bug that can be easily solved with a small update. The spokesperson confirmed that the issue has only been affecting “a very limited number of Galaxy S III models with 16GB memory"

http://bgr.com/2013/01/02/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-fix-279600/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By S4GRU
      by Jeff Foster
      Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
      Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 7:46 PM MST

Since last fall, there had been talk of a Samsung Galaxy Nexus launching on American carriers other than Big Red. Sprint has finally announced several weeks ago that it is the another vendor slated for release in the U.S. Suffice to say, many of us out there, especially those adverse to heading to Verizon and paying its premium prices, are excited about the impending release.
      The good news is that Google could be working on an updated version of the Galaxy Nexus. It has unofficially been dubbed the Galaxy Nexus Plus. There is much anticipation that it will be released before Sprint turns on LTE this summer. It’s not the first time an OEM has refreshed a device and re-released it to the market place, which works to our advantage. It’s rumored that the new Galaxy Nexus will have either a 1.5 or 1.8 GHz Texas Instrument OMAP4670 dual core processor. This would be a significant upgrade from the 1.2 GHz dual core processor found in the current Verizon version.
      We don’t know anything about official specs, but it’s also rumored to have an 8 MP camera. This is a noteworthy upgrade to the 5 MP shooter on the Verizon model (which has been lauded by many techies). We already know that the Sprint model will come installed with Google Wallet, per previous announcements. Some rumors also point to a beefier battery as well. The phone should have all the other features that’s on the current Galaxy Nexus, so now all we have to do is wait.

Source: http://androidandme....era-on-the-way/
    • By danlodish345
      hello all i feel i should start a note 9 rumor thread  please post rumors and what not here.
    • By SturgeonGeneral
      S9 S9+ reported into the FCC
      https://www.droid-life.com/2017/12/28/galaxy-s9-galaxy-s9-show-fcc-already/
    • By lilotimz
      A new Samsung tablet certified for Sprint (and others) went through the FCC a few days ago..

Category 6 UE
      LTE Bands 2-4-5-12-25-26-41
      Carrier Aggregation capable for Downlink operations. 2xCA B41

Looks to be one of the bigger flagship tablets (~10" ?) and will be the 11th 2xB41 CA capable device to come to Sprint. 

• By KDKobes
      Try to make this as short and simple as possible. I have three devices; 2 of which are on the same plan and the third on a separate plan.

The third device is my tab 4 which is picking up SprintB41 site 310120 just great. I get 3 bars downstairs.

My other two devices; Galaxy Note 4 & Galaxy Note Edge for some reason will not pick up this tower. I have tried PRL updates, Profile updates, restarted the phones and all I can get them to connect to is a ClearwireB41 site.

More background info...all devices have same Sim card as when purchased, tablet stays off 3/4 of the day and my phones are on when I wake up and turn them off at night. No matter where I go inside or out my phones won't connect to the Sprint site.

Anybody have any ideas before I call Sprint trying to figure something out? I'm not sure how long the tablet has been able to connect to this site so I'm not sure what to think of it besides agitated that the tablet of all things is connecting. I posted two photos; one of the tablet connected to the Sprint site; second of the Clear wire site my phones connect to.

Thanks in advance.