Where to find number of customers per market?

Yeah, in New Orleans, I'm not sure if any 1 carrier dominates the market. Verizon has made a big push there and I think Sprint has a decent share there as well. In BR though, ATT has this market for sure.

I'm not going to give out all my info..but 2 carriers have a huge share in N.O....

Those are extremely confidential numbers. You can get an idea of the relatively size if you can look up the number of blocks of numbers each operator owns in that area. Not accurate but just a ball park estimate. I used to have a link to a website for that info, but I have no idea where it is or whether it is still alive.

The wireless industry thinks everything is confidential and proprietary.

Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska

I would estimate...

VZW 55%

Sprint 15%

AT&T 15%

USCC 10%

Cricket 5%

T-Mobile 0%

AJ

It would be interesting to see the numbers for the detroit area.

VZW 6%

AT&T 5%

Sprint 4%

T-Mobile 4%

MetroPCS 40%

Ain't Got No Phone 41%

:P

AJ

• Like 4

Interesting statistic...

Cellphones per capita:

Detroit, MI: 0.4

El Valle de Arroyo Seco, NM: 7

AJ

• Like 2

Might is understating it!

Really? Their network is pathetic here. Voice is atrocious, data speeds rarely hit 1Mbps, and this is in the days of the Thunderbolt, when I had VZ. The only plus to them over Sprint is "reliability", meaning they have signal in obscure places Sprint doesn't cover. Even then, my phone will instantly switch to VZW 1x. Why people choose them, I have no idea. At least here. I have a friend with a VZ Razr Maxx, and my iPhone can consistently beat his (absymal) 4G LTE speeds. Meaning in the 5-8Mbps range, while I'm blazing at a nice 20-25Mbps. Same thing for 3G. Him at a 800kbps and me with 1.5Mbps or so.

Rickie, is Vegas part of the top 50 markets?

That depends on market definition. As of right now, Las Vegas is MSA #30. Because the FCC locked in its Cellular markets in the 1980s, however, Las Vegas is CMA #93. Off the top of my head, no market has sprawled...er, I mean grown a greater percentage than Las Vegas has in the past 30 years.

AJ

That depends on market definition. As of right now, Las Vegas is MSA #30. Because the FCC locked in its Cellular markets in the 1980s, however, Las Vegas is CMA #93. Off the top of my head, no market has sprawled...er, I mean grown at a greater percentage than Las Vegas has in the past 30 years.

AJ

And in terms of growth just in residents, Vegas is still growing at a massive pace, so subscriber growth is still continuing.