now network upgrades are going until 2014?

Definitely the truth there. Friend of mine had fiber running down the his street. No broadband options available in his area. Only satellite Internet or dialup.

Sent from a little old Note 2

I have a Windstream fiber easement across my property. But I can only get DSL that maxes out at 12Mbps DL/768kbps UL.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I have a Windstream fiber easement across my property. But I can only get DSL that maxes out at 12Mbps DL/768kbps UL.

U-Verse is here in Visalia not far from where I stay over here and from what it sounds like, the next door neighbor has it, but our place don't qualify. And the highest DSL I can have is 3Mbps DL/512kpbs UL.

I am only referring to the fact that if they use that option, it should not be a problem as it is near already and it met Verizon's requirements.

I would not assume that a certain type of backhaul would meet Sprint's requirements just because it met VZW's requirements. Sprint's and VZW's deployments are not really comparable.

VZW is not overhauling its network. Rather, VZW is just overlaying a single 10 MHz FDD LTE carrier (using older LTE equipment, I might add). So, VZW requires backhaul to support only that one LTE carrier. Moreover, VZW has never promised to have sufficient backhaul at every one of its LTE sites, so some could even be backhaul limited.

AJ

• Like 1

I would not assume that a certain type of backhaul would meet Sprint's requirements just because it met VZW's requirements. Sprint's and VZW's deployments are not really comparable.

VZW is not overhauling its network. Rather, VZW is just overlaying a single 10 MHz FDD LTE carrier (using older LTE equipment, I might add). So, VZW requires backhaul to support only that one LTE carrier. Moreover, VZW has never promised to have sufficient backhaul at every one of its LTE sites, so some could even be backhaul limited.

AJ

Why am I not surprised that Verizon is doing that?

Why am I not surprised that Verizon is doing that?

VZW got the jump start on everyone else, but its Release 8 LTE overlay in its Upper 700 MHz spectrum is going to look almost rickety in just a few years. So, with the AWS spectrum that VZW acquired from SpectrumCo-Cox, expect VZW to deploy a Release 10 LTE overlay and shift its subs to that network whenever/wherever possible, particularly because VZW has enough AWS spectrum in many markets to run a 15 MHz FDD or even 20 MHz FDD carrier.

AJ

AJ

I'm pretty certain my VZW site is backhaul limited. It never goes above 20-21Mbps DL. Even at 2AM when I am likely the only one on my sector in my rural area. My VZW site is MW fed. I have never been able to figure out where the radome is connected to. It's pointed at Los Alamos. But that is a good 13 air miles away. And there is nothing in between that I've ever been able to figure.

VZW got the jump start on everyone else, but its Release 8 LTE overlay in its Upper 700 MHz spectrum is going to look almost rickety in just a few years. So, with the AWS spectrum that VZW acquired from SpectrumCo-Cox, expect VZW to deploy a Release 10 LTE overlay and shift its subs to that network whenever/wherever possible, particularly because VZW has enough AWS spectrum in many markets to run a 15 MHz FDD or even 20 MHz FDD carrier.

AJ

I meant with the lack of promise on decent backhaul, but this was another question I had been wondering. And once they shift everyone to AWS, will they upgrade the hardware for the 700 MHz band?

I can't complain much about that monopoly though. I had dsl 6 years ago and live no where near town on a farm. Of course the Nextel tower within walking distance probably helped on that front.

Nothing to do with it, exactly what we are explaining.

U-Verse is here in Visalia not far from where I stay over here and from what it sounds like, the next door neighbor has it, but our place don't qualify. And the highest DSL I can have is 3Mbps DL/512kpbs UL.

Sounds like my house, I think the guy who designed the uverse cabinet locations here was the one that designed the sprint network for gulf coast wireless years ago. Islands of uverse coverage. ;)

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1