LTE Discovery App for S4GRU

SpenceSouth

Still stuck on 3.6.1. Damn you google.

Sent from my HTC M8

You're missing all the fun! Should be out to 50% of users by tonight and rest of the timeline will most likely be accelerated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do any of you guys have any idea why my G3 is connected to B41 but LTE Discovery and Signal Check is reporting the connection as B25? The engineering screen clearly states it's a B41 connection.

I posted this in the G3 thread as well.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6006-LG-G3&do=findComment&comment=338356

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

I mean to ask before... Is LTE Discovery displaying correctly on the QHD screen?

Yup. It's perfect.

Btw: I'm still stuck on v3.6.1. It will not let me update.

Everyone should have the update before the end of today. If you don't, let me know.

• Like 2

Everyone should have the update before the end of today. If you don't, let me know.

I finally got the update, but there us trouble in paradise, unfortunately.

I can't seem to get the map to work properly. It won't show the tower on the map, even when on 3G. Is this supposed to work like the last version did?

I did get the logger to work, even if I don't fully understand all of the information (remember, I came from iPhone so I never had access to this much info).

Also, some B41 connections are still showing up as B25 connections on my G3. There is no rhyme or rhythm to this. All of the B41 connections in my market (Jax) are Clearwire that I'm aware of. Some sites will show B41 and some will show B25, despite being a confirmed B41 connection via the engineering screen.

Thanks for you time and effort on this app; I upgraded to the Pro version. :)

I finally got the update, but there us trouble in paradise, unfortunately.

I can't seem to get the map to work properly. It won't show the tower on the map, even when on 3G. Is this supposed to work like the last version did?

I did get the logger to work, even if I don't fully understand all of the information (remember, I came from iPhone so I never had access to this much info).

Also, some B41 connections are still showing up as B25 connections on my G3. There is no rhyme or rhythm to this. All of the B41 connections in my market (Jax) are Clearwire that I'm aware of. Some sites will show B41 and some will show B25, despite being a confirmed B41 connection via the engineering screen.

Thanks for you time and effort on this app; I upgraded to the Pro version. :)

There is a menu option in the map tab you need to enable this time around.  That fragment of the code has been extensively worked over.  Wanted to have users enable it manually because the logic is very intense in that part of the app and it could cause problems if it encountered something I hadn't expected. That part is really a public beta, but most of the feedback I get about it seems to be good.

I just saw the B41 bug myself and and have already rolled out the fix.  Basically the logger works so quickly in the background that sometimes the PLMN doesn't have time to populate correctly and that is what is causing the errors.  I had code in place for the app to discard invalid logs and recreate them a fraction of a second later when the PLMN had time to catch up, but I accidentally put it in a place where the code never ran (whoops).  

You'll get the update shortly.

Thanks for the support.  Feel free to let me know anytime how I can improve it.  Have more planned upgrades once I catch up on the small bugs that have popped up.

• Like 2

I've been using the pro version of this app for about a week and I have to say I'm impressed. I really like the LTE log feature. I was wondering something though, is there any particular reason it isn't compatible with my galaxy tab 3?

I've been using the pro version of this app for about a week and I have to say I'm impressed. I really like the LTE log feature. I was wondering something though, is there any particular reason it isn't compatible with my galaxy tab 3?

Thanks glad you like it!

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of any particular incompatibilities with the GT3, but now that you mention it I think I recall that we had an issue sometime ago with the Nexus 7 because the tablet didn't support the stock android tabs we were using (seriously). I thought we resolved it at the time but it may have popped up again-- I'll have a look into it and see if its a simple fix or not.

Possible to get the bands on the 310410 Mcc? I can send you the method of determining B17 DAS, B17 sites, B4, and B2 by the GCI. Not sure what band 5 has unfortunately.

I think I account for all those except for B17 DAS and Band 5, but please go ahead and send it to me. I can make any changes or additions necessary.

Thanks glad you like it!

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of any particular incompatibilities with the GT3, but now that you mention it I think I recall that we had an issue sometime ago with the Nexus 7 because the tablet didn't support the stock android tabs we were using (seriously). I thought we resolved it at the time but it may have popped up again-- I'll have a look into it and see if its a simple fix or not.

Google play won't let me install it on the tablet, it says your device isn't compatible with this version. I haven't had a chance to see if I can side load it or not.

Google play won't let me install it on the tablet, it says your device isn't compatible with this version. I haven't had a chance to see if I can side load it or not.

Is your Galaxy Tab stock?  I haven't found what may be the problem yet, but now I am particularly curious because I just noticed that one of my reviews from early this month was made from a Galaxy Tab.

Is your Galaxy Tab stock? I haven't found what may be the problem yet, but now I am particularly curious because I just noticed that one of my reviews from early this month was made from a Galaxy Tab.

Yes, stock. Android 4.4.2 with Samsung software version T217SVPUBNE7.

Still occasionally having an issue with reporting B41 as B25. In the log it is showing B41, as is the engineering screen. But the app is reporting it as B25.

ebuzyju5.jpg

4a6e4yny.jpg

raheresa.jpg

Also, when on 3G, the tower is reporting its coordinance, but I cant get it to show-up on the map. This has been happening since the last update.

Keep up the good work! Love the app!

• Like 1

Still occasionally having an issue with reporting B41 as B25. In the log it is showing B41, as is the engineering screen. But the app is reporting it as B25.

ebuzyju5.jpg

4a6e4yny.jpg

raheresa.jpg

Also, when on 3G, the tower is reporting its coordinance, but I cant get it to show-up on the map. This has been happening since the last update.

I get the same thing with B41 on my GS5.

Thanks for these screenshots!  I know exactly what needs to be done to fix this one.  It is a similar issue to the log bug where the LTE Card is checking for band info faster than the system can accurately populate the data.  Everything time I find this as an issue I laugh a little to myself because the usual dev problem is that the code isn't running quickly enough. 

I'll roll out a patch to the beta users today and maybe Booyser24 can confirm a fix for us.

Does the tower still not show on the map even when 1x logging is enabled in the menu tab?  We are working on adding back the passive non-logging map functionality to users now.  In the midst of adding in much greater map functionality I kind of overlooked that until now.

• Like 2

I have no problems with 1x logging and the towers showing up on the map.

Also, I will def confirm or not if the fix works for the LTE band issue. Thanks again for your efforts.

Edited by Booeysr24
  • Like 1

Could you tell me if the band notification icons from Live Mode in the Discover tab is scaling okay on the G3?  Sorry to bug you with this.  You are one of the few I know with this phone lol.

Could you tell me if the band notification icons from Live Mode in the Discover tab is scaling okay on the G3? Sorry to bug you with this. You are one of the few I know with this phone lol.

Everything is perfect on the G3 in regards to scaling. The live notification is perfect and is easily one if my favorite features of the app.

y4e9ydyr.jpg

BTW, you're not bothering me in the slightest! Glad I can help!

• Like 4

I think I account for all those except for B17 DAS and Band 5, but please go ahead and send it to me. I can make any changes or additions necessary.

It's showing a -1 for band here on a standard band 17 site.

Could you PM a screen shot of the signals page when this happens? It should be working properly, but I'll track down the bug.

What's nice about how I setup the logs is once I correct the bug the app will correct anywhere the -1 was recorded under those conditions. I'll have to myself a pat on the back for thinking ahead about that one.

• Like 1