LTE Discovery App for S4GRU

SpenceSouth

Updated APK works now! Any reason for underline underneath the data signal stregth?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Great to hear that!

Yes, the underlined data signal strength represents which is the main network that you are currently connected to and using. Typically, the fastest available.

@kg4icg, Would you mind posting a picture of what LTE Discovery looks like in multi-view? I don't have a Samsung device with that feature.

@digiblur, thank you for letting me know about Settings bug again. I know you told me about it before, but I couldn't figure out the reason. Right now, it is my top priority to fix. That's almost half the PRO features in there.

One major debugging tool that we have added to LTE Discovery is an automatic crash reporting system that emails us the crash log. It has already been very useful in determining the problems.

Looks nice! The only issue I've noticed is that LTE seems to be shown twice: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynlz0vmjq5gryko/Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-01-06.png

It'd probably be more useful if the right-hand box showed the 1X voice strength (or on GSM/UMTS the equivalent converted from asu) and was labeled appropriately.

Looks nice! The only issue I've noticed is that LTE seems to be shown twice: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynlz0vmjq5gryko/Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-01-06.png

It'd probably be more useful if the right-hand box showed the 1X voice strength (or on GSM/UMTS the equivalent converted from asu) and was labeled appropriately.

Dan's actually working on tracking down that bug now... We've been testing this release a lot and never actually saw this before today lol.

Anyone like the widgets?

The arrow for tower direction points one way. Then if you flip it to portrait view it points the opposite direction.

Thank you for letting me know.

This tower bearing arrow and more bugs have now been squashed in the newest v3.0.7 update. It will take Google a few hours to propagate the update to everybody.

In v3.0.7, there is only one bug that I'm aware of that still may not be fixed yet. Settings still will not open for a few people. I have streamlined the code more, but I'm still working on it.

ps - You can find the version number in the Help menu.

• Like 1

@kg4icg, Excellent screenshot. Would you mind if I used them in Google Play?

Also, I'm not sure if anybody has found any hidden (previously, un-documented) features, yet. Here's one of them:

1. Turn off/on your cell radio by double-clicking the Start button. If the two clicks are any more than 500ms apart, then the button works like a regular start/stop and not a double-click.

This feature works both in-app AND for the LTE Discovery Start/Stop widget.

;)

ps - This only works if the "Full airplane mode" beta setting is not checked (default).

I like the new look! Very nice! I have one question. While being inside at home, I check the map part. I see the "T" is labeled as voice tower, and shows the location. I tend to connect to 2 voice tower locations that switches back and forth I'm sitting in the middle of that are both a couple of blocks away. Is there something at those "T" spots I don't know about, or is it just locations that I'm getting my best signal from? I'm asking because I know where the 2 main sites are that are that are less than a mile away.

I like the new look! Very nice! I have one question. While being inside at home, I check the map part. I see the "T" is labeled as voice tower, and shows the location. I tend to connect to 2 voice tower locations that switches back and forth I'm sitting in the middle of that are both a couple of blocks away. Is there something at those "T" spots I don't know about, or is it just locations that I'm getting my best signal from? I'm asking because I know where the 2 main sites are that are that are less than a mile away.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. =]

The T map markers represent the reported location of the tower that you are currently connected to. At that location, there should hopefully be a tower. During my testing I found towers up to 100-200m of the marked spot. About how close are the reported locations and actual locations?

ps - Also, technically, your phone isn't always connected to the best signal. It'll stay connected to a slightly weaker signal if it is still "strong enough" (depending on your PRL).

ps - Also, technically, your phone isn't always connected to the best signal. It'll stay connected to a slightly weaker signal if it is still "strong enough" (depending on your PRL).

Here's a good article from AJ relating to this:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-318-can-toggling-airplane-mode-actually-improve-your-3g-data-speeds/

• Like 2

Really loving this app now. It was very useful before the update but now it's a must-have for tower hunting. I got a kick out of the directional arrow yesterday as I was out and about. I knew where a particular tower was and watched the arrow point it out and follow it as we passed. Wife was "yeah okay cool whatever neato".

• Like 4

Looks good guys, nice job! FYI, Sprint site locations in some markets is off by much more than 100-200m.. sometimes it is miles. Many sites near me are offset by about 1.5 miles, but it varies quite a bit.

Keep up the good work.

-Mike

• Like 2

Looks good guys, nice job! FYI, Sprint site locations in some markets is off by much more than 100-200m.. sometimes it is miles. Many sites near me are offset by about 1.5 miles, but it varies quite a bit.

Keep up the good work.

-Mike

Thank you very much for that piece of information!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. =]

The T map markers represent the reported location of the tower that you are currently connected to. At that location, there should hopefully be a tower. During my testing I found towers up to 100-200m of the marked spot. About how close are the reported locations and actual locations?

Gotcha. In my case the 2 sites that are near me are way off in meters. 1 site is about 1.1 miles away, and the other is 0.3 miles away which is pretty much around the corner. I drove by these 2 sites earlier, and 1 was a little accurate, but the other was way off when I was pretty much facing it in a parking where it's located. I will send you a PM with screenshots to determine what towers I'm connected to acccording to sponsor map.

That's how it is in my area.