LTE Discovery App for S4GRU

SpenceSouth

I have a suggestion for a feature. Since cycling of airplane mode is broken in 4.2.2 and since cycling LTE can be just as helpful, would it be possible to add the LTE cycle as an option? Or would be present the same problem as airplane mode?

It still might be worth it for others on different android versions. Just a thought.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have a suggestion for a feature. Since cycling of airplane mode is broken in 4.2.2 and since cycling LTE can be just as helpful, would it be possible to add the LTE cycle as an option? Or would be present the same problem as airplane mode?

It still might be worth it for others on different android versions. Just a thought.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't have any doubts that I would run into the same roadblock with that as airplane mode. Once I find a fix I can try to apply it to just a data refresh. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Has to be something different going on here... Every device has been a Samsung and has been rooted.

Actually, I am not rooted (4.1.2) and ran into the same issue this weekend. It only seems to do it when I select "Only cycle when not connected to LTE." Switching back to "Go to GPS list after LTE discovery," the issue goes away.

Has to be something different going on here... Every device has been a Samsung and has been rooted.

And the weird thing is I run my exact ROM that was flashed by Virutalbot and I don't have the issue.

Could you post your about screen Virtualbot that shows the kernel, baseband, etc?

Yeah that is very weird. It almost doesn't seem to be something that the user initiates in anyway. Either its just there or just not.

Thanks for helping me track this bug down. Wouldn't be able to have any progress without you guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

And the weird thing is I run my exact ROM that was flashed by Virutalbot and I don't have the issue.

Could you post your about screen Virtualbot that shows the kernel, baseband, etc?

Screenshot_2013-03-05-09-55-23.png

Yeah that is very weird. It almost doesn't seem to be something that the user initiates in anyway. Either its just there or just not.

Thanks for helping me track this bug down. Wouldn't be able to have any progress without you guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

It's no problem. We all use your program all the time and it's very useful when mapping out our areas. We want it to work just as badly as you do. ;)

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

• 1 month later...

Any plans on making this app compatible with samsung multiview. Since the s3 s4 and note all have this feature now. It would be cool to have this app and signal check or maps going at the same time. Its only a few lines of code. I can post it up if interested.

Any plans on making this app compatible with samsung multiview. Since the s3 s4 and note all have this feature now. It would be cool to have this app and signal check or maps going at the same time. Its only a few lines of code. I can post it up if interested.

Yeah I could totally do that! If you could send me the code, that would be great. Otherwise I'll search around for it later this weekend.

Any chance we can have it jelly bean compliant. I would love to not have to look at the menu bar under the app with my htc one

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

That's been a big thing I've been working on. Since airplane mode permissions have been removed from API 17 and I've been trying to find a way around it. It is a top priority of mine though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Nexus4, I have selected for the app to run on startup, but it doesn't, I have to manually start it.

It does run on startup on the Sprint s3 though.

Whoops somehow I missed the notification from your post. Is there anymore info you could provide? Might be an issue with 4.2 but my Nexus recently kicked the bucket so I have no way of testing this for myself.

Dan, wanna chime in?

I have a Nexus4, I have selected for the app to run on startup, but it doesn't, I have to manually start it.

It does run on startup on the Sprint s3 though.

Hmmm, interesting. I would think that it'd be the other way around. Unfortunately, I don't have a Nexus 4 to debug and this is the first that I have heard of this problem. I'll be on the lookout for what could be the reason for this.

But, I do have a solution. It would be a great feature to support on all devices. So, how about this? We can put an option in the settings so that you can easily toggle whether or not LTE Discovery should automatically startup.

Edited by danialgoodwin

Whoops somehow I missed the notification from your post. Is there anymore info you could provide? Might be an issue with 4.2 but my Nexus recently kicked the bucket so I have no way of testing this for myself.

Dan, wanna chime in?

I have been in contact with the developer about this and another issue. He fixed them after I tested a beta version on my phone.

thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to make the app restart scanning upon loss of a LTE signal?

I like how it has the option to stop scanning upon acquiring a LTE signal.  What would be nice if it auto resumed scanning when it looses LTE.

Is it possible to make the app restart scanning upon loss of a LTE signal?

I like how it has the option to stop scanning upon acquiring a LTE signal. What would be nice if it auto resumed scanning when it looses LTE.

I do that with the "Cycle only when not connected to LTE" on upgraded app

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2