LTE Discovery App for S4GRU

SpenceSouth

I'm going to be working on another update for the app this weekend. Anyone want to throw out some requested features or changes while I'm in the planning stages?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hello again SpenceSouth. I am still having issues with my app, even after the recent patch. Again, when the app detects LTE, and the 'auto repeat' setting is not checked, it takes me to the GPS list screen. As soon as I click 'Back' or 'Go to home page' to go to the main screen, my phone immediately goes to Airplane mode. The simplest workaround I've been using is to check the 'auto repeat' option, which keeps the app From going to the GPS screen when LTE is detected. I can then click 'Stop' to keep the phone from counting down to the next scan. Again, this behavior only happens when the app detects LTE. So, if I click 'Back' at the GPS screen, after losing LTE, the app doesn't start the immediate Airplane Mode.

My phone is a stock 16gb Galaxy S3, running stock Sprint JB 4.1.1, rooted, with no antivirus SW, etc. I cleared the app data, tried force closing the app, etc, with no change. If there is any way for me to help troubleshoot this for you, let me know. Or, if there are any suggestions you may have, I'm willing to do some work to get this resolved...

As for new features, I mentioned adding a setting/option to start scanning for LTE automatically, when the app is running and the LTE connection is lost. I currently do this manually when I am 'War Driving', or searching for coverage to map...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I have been having weird issues too. It keeps cycling to airplane after it finds it without the option checked.

Will have to watch it more next time to explain it better. Sorry.

Sent from my little Note2

Hello again SpenceSouth. I am still having issues with my app, even after the recent patch. Again, when the app detects LTE, and the 'auto repeat' setting is not checked, it takes me to the GPS list screen. As soon as I click 'Back' or 'Go to home page' to go to the main screen, my phone immediately goes to Airplane mode. The simplest workaround I've been using is to check the 'auto repeat' option, which keeps the app From going to the GPS screen when LTE is detected. I can then click 'Stop' to keep the phone from counting down to the next scan. Again, this behavior only happens when the app detects LTE. So, if I click 'Back' at the GPS screen, after losing LTE, the app doesn't start the immediate Airplane Mode.

My phone is a stock 16gb Galaxy S3, running stock Sprint JB 4.1.1, rooted, with no antivirus SW, etc. I cleared the app data, tried force closing the app, etc, with no change. If there is any way for me to help troubleshoot this for you, let me know. Or, if there are any suggestions you may have, I'm willing to do some work to get this resolved...

As for new features, I mentioned adding a setting/option to start scanning for LTE automatically, when the app is running and the LTE connection is lost. I currently do this manually when I am 'War Driving', or searching for coverage to map...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually just saw that for myself when I was out driving last night. It is first up on the docket to get fixed. Automatically searching for 4G again after losing it is always a feature I am excited to work on. Hoping to have that one this weekend as well if the bug doesn't eat up too much time.

• Like 1

I actually just saw that for myself when I was out driving last night. It is first up on the docket to get fixed. Automatically searching for 4G again after losing it is always a feature I am excited to work on. Hoping to have that one this weekend as well if the bug doesn't eat up too much time.

Excellent. Even in it's current state, I used it at lunch to map out some LTE in Carollwood, around that newly 'turned on' LTE tower... Thanks again for your app and all of your work. I'm looking forward to the new and improved app...

Excellent. Even in it's current state, I used it at lunch to map out some LTE in Carollwood, around that newly 'turned on' LTE tower... Thanks again for your app and all of your work. I'm looking forward to the new and improved app...

Looks like I got everything fixed. The LTE scan cycle should function properly, and I resolved any potential issues with GPS tracking.

Just going to test and verify, then it will be uploaded to Google Play.

Looks like I got everything fixed. The LTE scan cycle should function properly, and I resolved any potential issues with GPS tracking.

Just going to test and verify, then it will be uploaded to Google Play.

Things go live on Play pretty fast? I know in Apples app store it can take a while.

Okay the site I drive out to test at didn't seem to be broadcasting tonight, but I am confident enough in it to upload it as it is. I can confirm that GPS issues are fixed.

Let me know if you guys encounter any issues.

Not sure if this has been said for features, but could you add an option to reduce/increase the amount of time the phone is in Airplane Mode and when it's not in Airplane Mode? For me, I'd like to decrease the amount of time for both when driving on the freeway. Thanks for all your hard work... it's a very helpful app to have now that NV work is getting started here. :)

Not sure if this has been said for features, but could you add an option to reduce/increase the amount of time the phone is in Airplane Mode and when it's not in Airplane Mode? For me, I'd like to decrease the amount of time for both when driving on the freeway. Thanks for all your hard work... it's a very helpful app to have now that NV work is getting started here. :)

There will be an update with user defined timing soon. Been wanting to iron out the other bugs before getting there. However, I would probably enforce a 7 second minimum for airplane mode. The app has to completely drop the signal and reobtain it to function optimally.

• Like 1

Two things.. When the app is active shouldn't it be in the notification area so you can turn it off easily?

When the app is actively cycling, leave the screen on so I can see it just by glancing. Doesn't the GPS go to sleep anyways as Sensorly makes it stay on all the time. Or maybe that was because of signal?

Two things.. When the app is active shouldn't it be in the notification area so you can turn it off easily?

When the app is actively cycling, leave the screen on so I can see it just by glancing. Doesn't the GPS go to sleep anyways as Sensorly makes it stay on all the time. Or maybe that was because of signal?

Great idea for the notification bar. I really like that and will look into it. Forcing the display on is another planned feature. I'm going to have to make a list so everyone can know what I'm working towards lol.

The GPS shouldn't be sleeping at all until the app is stopped AND exited.

SpenceSouth. I updated the app just now, and can confirm that the GPS screen/Airplane mode bug seems to be fixed... Yay!

Thanks for all your work on this...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

SpenceSouth. I updated the app just now, and can confirm that the GPS screen/Airplane mode bug seems to be fixed... Yay!

Thanks for all your work on this...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Always glad to help!

Since this last update brought much more reliability to the app, I'd appreciate it if you guys would help share that there is a new update out. Only 46 people out of 1000+ have updated and I'd like everyone who uses it to get a better experience with the app!

Thanks!

I would rate it but Google decided to make you sign up for social media to rate an app. No thanks. I don't do the spacebook or Google mess stuff.

I don't want to put a fake name either in case I violate some policy I don't need them closing my account and killing my apps I bought.

Since the 4.2.1 update to the Galaxy Nexus, my phone won't go in to Airplane mode when using this app. If anyone else has a stock Galaxy Nexus, please check and see if it works on your phone too.

Since the 4.2.1 update to the Galaxy Nexus, my phone won't go in to Airplane mode when using this app. If anyone else has a stock Galaxy Nexus, please check and see if it works on your phone too.

And just when you have everything covered.... Already have a fix for API 17 in mind. Be back shortly lol.

• Like 1

Did a little bit of research and was hoping you could help me figure this one out. Can you convert the app to a system app using ES File Explorer or Titanium backup?

API 17 removes some access I need but this may be a work around.

Did a little bit of research and was hoping you could help me figure this one out. Can you convert the app to a system app using ES File Explorer or Titanium backup?

API 17 removes some access I need but this may be a work around.

Does that require root to do convert to System app? I'm not rooted.

Unfortunately it does :(

Not sure what your progress is on this, but I do have a (now) rooted 16GB Nexus 4 running 4.2.1. I did what you asked MacinJosh by converting LTE Discovery into a system app and tried running the app like normally. Unfortunately, the phone still won't go into Airplane Mode at all. I'm not sure what other things I could try, but let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

Not sure what your progress is on this' date=' but I do have a (now) rooted 16GB Nexus 4 running 4.2.1. I did what you asked MacinJosh by converting LTE Discovery into a system app and tried running the app like normally. Unfortunately, the phone still won't go into Airplane Mode at all. I'm not sure what other things I could try, but let me know and I'll do my best to help out.[/quote']

Thanks for testing since I'm not rooted. I've been so busy I probably lost my trouble ticket to get a better phone, so until then, I'm keeping my phone stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner