Network Vision/LTE - Georgia Market (Warner Robins, Macon, I-75 Corridor))

fcp_dp

Augusta Finally has a tower that is live!

As of today, make that 6 in Richmond County according to site acceptance reports.  That said, accepted doesn't always mean live; several sites in the Macon-WR area were accepted for weeks before actually going live for user equipment.

As of today, make that 6 in Richmond County according to site acceptance reports.  That said, accepted doesn't always mean live; several sites in the Macon-WR area were accepted for weeks before actually going live for user equipment.

Yep Hopefully more will go Live! 

The one in Vienna, ga had been accepted for awhile. It finally went live yesterday. Will be a few days before I can map it though. I am pulling about 17m down and 3 up average in my home. Def glad to see that.

• Like 1

I had 4G along Russell Parkway this evening, while sitting in Ole Times Country Buffet (which really surprised me)

I see more mapping on Sensory when you zoom in, too.  

It's coming along.

• Like 1

I had 4G along Russell Parkway this evening, while sitting in Ole Times Country Buffet (which really surprised me)

I see more mapping on Sensory when you zoom in, too.  

I did some mapping this afternoon in both Macon and Warner Robins.

The site by Bonaire Middle School may also be on too; I detected what should be its LTE cell ID while driving around.  Also, RRUs are finally up on the site on Carl Vinson, so hopefully LTE will be on there soon (then again RRUs have been up for months on most of the other towers too).

Meanwhile in Macon the site at Coliseum North finally has RRUs up. LTE is now live on the sites at Eisenhower & Pio Nino and on Hawkinsville Rd near Industrial Hwy; you can get continuous LTE now on 247 all the way from Vineville to the airport.

EDIT 8/20: Bonaire site is definitely on; I mapped quite a bit of LTE around there this evening.  I also briefly picked up the ID for the Huntington Village/Wellborn Rd site (near RAFB's MLK gate), but it doesn't seem to be accepting connections directly yet.

• Like 1

Finally got an opportunity to do some mapping in the Vienna area. I also mapped out a little in Milledgeville yesterday. Both should be showing in sensorly now.

Just noticed Milledgeville on the Sensorly map and commented to a friend that somebody drove through but didn't drive around.

Looks like more than one cell's active in Milledgeville.  And a lot more available around the Vienna area.  

I'm looking forward to more of middle Georgia filling in with purple.

Looks like more than one cell's active in Milledgeville. And a lot more available around the Vienna area.

The sponsor reports just indicate one site is active, by the state hospital south of downtown. There's a second site north of downtown on MLK behind the CVS, and two more on the outskirts of town (one by the power plant on 441 north, one west of town off 22 west); those aren't shown as 4G live yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

So I was over in Evans, GA today and there has been a tower down out there for some time now almost a week to be exact it is the one right next to the Columbia county court house so i was able to drive back there and look only to find the old antennas it looks like and the lines all on the ground but no crew there. But the crew must still be working on it as they left their trailer their The trailer said Infinity Communications LLC. I'm going to assume this is sprint equipment since the tower is down but i know there are many other carriers on that tower as well but here are a few pics i took as well so maybe someone could tell me if im wrong or not based on the antennas.

20130825_194340.jpg74f133c8-41f4-486b-93d5-5a93e372bc48.jpg

Edited by boski12
  • Like 2

Just noticed Milledgeville on the Sensorly map and commented to a friend that somebody drove through but didn't drive around.

Looks like more than one cell's active in Milledgeville.  And a lot more available around the Vienna area.  

I'm looking forward to more of middle Georgia filling in with purple.

That would be correct. I drove through on the way to Augusta. No time to drive around as I had to be in Augusta and back home on a schedule. Figured, since no one else had mapped at all, some was better than none.

Vienna has one tower. Cordele, 2. Albany, Leesburg, multiple towers, so it is a work in progress.

Edited by fcp_dp

Warner Robins site near city hall and Robins AFB off Wellborn Drive is now LTE-live; laid down some Sensorly purple this afternoon and evening.  That gives you continuous LTE on US 129/GA 247 from about Green Street down to almost Hwy 127 (and only one site in the middle between Macon and Warner Robins to be lit up, the one off Bargain Rd near the FAA & closed National Guard gate at RAFB).

• Like 1

Warner Robins site near city hall and Robins AFB off Wellborn Drive is now LTE-live; laid down some Sensorly purple this afternoon and evening.  That gives you continuous LTE on US 129/GA 247 from about Green Street down to almost Hwy 127 (and only one site in the middle between Macon and Warner Robins to be lit up, the one off Bargain Rd near the FAA & closed National Guard gate at RAFB).

Saw the new purple.

I live and work more to the west - just east of I-75, so I don't get over that way much.  

Sensorly's in passive mode to map when they do light up some of the sites out this direction (such as Carl Vinson - I can see that one out my office window).

Cool.  I mapped some on the newly live sites in Barnesville and Perry over the weekend.  Also, the site in Macon by Coliseum Northside appears to be live, but with authentication off (in what people are calling "donut mode").

• Like 2

Cool.  I mapped some on the newly live sites in Barnesville and Perry over the weekend.  Also, the site in Macon by Coliseum Northside appears to be live, but with authentication off (in what people are calling "donut mode").

I saw the purple in Perry.

The site at Bonaire Middle seemed to be off yesterday on the way back from Milledgeville.  Moody at Feagin Mill, too... not a  whiff of LTE along Highway 96.

Just got a text from Sprint:   

We're making network updates in your area. See how this affects your service at http://sprint.us/rh

At the site in question:

In the next few days we will be updating the network in your area. This construction may cause a temporary increase in dropped calls.

We are working to ensure the updates are made quickly to minimize any inconvenience to you.

Visit sprint.com/network for information about network improvements.

• Like 2

Just got a text from Sprint:

We're making network updates in your area. See how this affects your service at http://sprint.us/rh

At the site in question:

In the next few days we will be updating the network in your area. This construction may cause a temporary increase in dropped calls.

We are working to ensure the updates are made quickly to minimize any inconvenience to you.

Visit sprint.com/network for information about network improvements.

Hopefully that means they're going to finally get around to the last few Houston County sites that need tower work (Houston Road at Elberta, Dunbar, the Pleasant Hill water tower, and Feagin Mill Middle School) this week.

EDIT: RRUs are up on the site behind the Macon Mall (across from Steak n Shake / Chuck-e-Cheese). Progress marches on.

Not sure if this means anything, but the tower on Carl Vinson in Warner Robins was down this afternoon, to the extent I was roaming on Verizon indoors at Watson & Vinson.  I didn't see a truck there but maybe they were out drive-testing something.

Frankly that's the site that's #1 on my list for an upgrade in terms of its impact on my daily/weekly routines (#2 would be the Macon site off Zebulon Road) so hopefully it goes LTE-live soon. Although even once it's upgraded an infill site really would help somewhere between Kroger and Publix on the Watson corridor.

• Like 1

Based on Sprint's new coverage map update, looks like west of 247 isn't in the more immediate plans (even bearing in mind the overly optimistic coverage prediction).

The map magically excludes all LTE in Houston and Peach counties; if you look closely you'll see the coverage boundary on the Sprint maps is the Ocmulgee and Echeconnee Creek. That's why a huge chunk of Twiggs County is shown as covered by the sites along 247, but not anything on 247 itself.

I know the map's long on fiction... my point is that the current rev DOES ignore the LTE that's been on in Houston and Peach.

On Labor Day, the site at Bonaire Middle was off... Moody/Feagin Mill may have been, too, as I had no LTE at all along Highway 96.

Today, I'm roaming, even outdoors, between Osigian and Smithville Church Rd, JUST west of Houston Lake Rd.  

Today, I'm roaming, even outdoors, between Osigian and Smithville Church Rd, JUST west of Houston Lake Rd.

That would probably be Vinson down again (could also be FMMS but I doubt it). You might want to see if there's any trucks there if you get a chance - I didn't see any Tuesday when I was there though.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Sensorly isn't getting any cell ID, but 4G is working this morning in western parts of Warner Robins.  

Speedtest.net just now, 7546kbps down, 2071kbps up, with -115 dbm shown as the signal strength (no "bars")

Sensorly speed test shows 4.54 down, 4.14 up.

I don't think it's the Carl Vinson site, though - I have line of sight, literally, to the antennas on that tower.

• Like 1