One of my two contracts are about to end November 6 and the other in May. I have three options and am having a really hard time deciding on the best decision so I decided to ask my S4GRU brethren for advice. Option 1 is to just keep my EVO 4G LTE until next year when all of the new April-June phones arrive but I don't like this option because the terrible LTE reception and the fact that Sprints LTE roll out is going a little slow for my tastes. Option 2 would be "if" the Nexus 5 has Tri-band LTE I could sell my Evo for 150 if I'm lucky and pony up the rest of the money while not having to renew my contracts so if I get tired of waiting for Sprints network to come to life I can jump ship to T-mobiles pre paid $70 plan and test there network to see if its better than Sprint's network all while not taking a financial hit or I can keep the Nexus 5 as my tri band Sprint device until next years phones come out and keep both phones. Option 3 is if I get the G2 on best buy pre order for $100 with the $50 gift card which I will use to buy the quick case. I will also get the benefit of getting to keep my Evo LTE so another 2 phone benefit option is nice. Any suggestions
I have a unique problem. Sprint is going to replace my phone because the screen went out. Touch screen still works, just the back-light or whatever won't illuminate the screen, but I have a custom ROM on the phone with a custom recovery.
I need to reset my phone because of my personal information mainly, but I'm also concerned that they are going to charge me a ton of money if they find out my phone was running a custom ROM.
1. I'm going to reset my ROM and firmware via KIES, seems to be the easiest way since the screen won't turn on.
2. does KIES reset the binary counter or will it just add another download on to the counter?
Either way I have to do this, I'm just looking for a few answers. Ideally my hope is they just scrap the phone and use it for parts, but I don't think that's going to be the case.
Assuming 4/1 closing, 180 days to negotiate addendum to agreement, then if they can't agree, 60 days for T-Mobile to exercise purchase option, then 60 days for Shentel to exercise purchase option. Could negotiate something outside the agreement, as we know.
Shentel Boost/Virgin is excluded from Dish sale. Any Dish arrangement does not touch Shentel right now.
Shentel penetration (pre-nTelos) was mid-20%. Some subsets of historic areas are "approaching 50%." Goal is to get to 20% market share when expansion areas are included. Would hope that is easier with T-Mobile brand. Asked to speculate on T-Mobile's share in Shentel areas, estimates it's half of Shentel's penetration.
Asked about Richmond sliver, don't expect much growth here until 2021, and from just before Q&A, noted cap ex is mostly at maintenance level.
Call is over.