Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

I am waiting on 8 sites to get the other band 41 carriers turn on . Staying close 25 to 35 mbps on most single band 41 sites . But lot gaps too some towers have no band 41 panels yet .hope next 6 months fill all holes for band 41 .

I am waiting on 8 sites to get the other band 41 carriers turn on . Staying close 25 to 35 mbps on most single band 41 sites . But lot gaps too some towers have no band 41 panels yet .hope next 6 months fill all holes for band 41 .

Yeah I understand you on that one up here in Central Jersey where I live the coverage is very scattered to in terms of LTE but down in Delaware below the canal it's absolutely atrocious with the LTE service not I've been roaming on Verizon

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Zero progress couples sites no band 26 still and coverage very weak . Lot sites band 26 no better than band 25.

Hmm sounds like money issues

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Wish they just finish nv 1.0 sites . Equipment no good without backhaul.

No back haul at my nearest site and no LTE or CDMA smr just 3G upgrades

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Zero progress, couples sites have no band 26 still and coverage is very weak . Lot sites band 26 is no better than band 25.

I'm wondering if anything south of Wilmington has even seen any optimization. My friend @ Dover AFB has terrible LTE and he's pretty much line-of-sight to a triband LTE site there. 

It seems promising that Delaware will get some love this year now that a few random southern sites have finally gotten LTE. Optimization hopefully isn't too far off once a few more of these are lit up. This will be a killer market with B26 turned up due to the flat geography. B41 at the beaches would be nice, but even having B25/26 activated will be a huge difference. (Not holding my breath on 41 anytime soon) 

Most sites past the the canal are not optimized , i lose band 26 alot going down route 1 have airplane mode in lot spots. And band 41 sites only go like 1 mile even with 2 band 41 carriers. Now ocean city md is great strong signal in all bands on coastal highway. Only weak point start of boardwalk . Last summmer they put cow there for people near 3rd street .

Most sites past the the canal are not optimized , i lose band 26 alot going down route 1 have airplane mode in lot spots. And band 41 sites only go like 1 mile even with 2 band 41 carriers. Now ocean city md is great strong signal in all bands on coastal highway. Only weak point start of boardwalk . Last summmer they put cow there for people near 3rd street .

I'm wondering if anything south of Wilmington has even seen any optimization. My friend @ Dover AFB has terrible LTE and he's pretty much line-of-sight to a triband LTE site there.

It seems promising that Delaware will get some love this year now that a few random southern sites have finally gotten LTE. Optimization hopefully isn't too far off once a few more of these are lit up. This will be a killer market with B26 turned up due to the flat geography. B41 at the beaches would be nice, but even having B25/26 activated will be a huge difference. (Not holding my breath on 41 anytime soon)

Isnt it a money issue....with these upgrades

Isnt it a money issue....with these upgrades

Well since they aren't printing cash, yes money is an issue and they directing resources to where it will help the most. I suspect that they will get the eastern shore beaches and their driving routes up to snuff this summer and leave it at that for the time being.

Well since they aren't printing cash, yes money is an issue and they directing resources to where it will help the most. I suspect that they will get the eastern shore beaches and their driving routes up to snuff this summer and leave it at that for the time being.

Because I travel down to Delaware once a year to the Lewes Beach area

Because I travel down to Delaware once a year to the Lewes Beach area

Yep, you and half of the DC metro area that head to Rehoboth, Bethany, etc.

I usually have usable LTE at Dover AFB (and that is despite the fact they haven't touched the Sprint site on the base, I assume some hang up with getting permits from the Air Force). Unless it is the time of day, I don't normally find myself there during working hours during the week.

Look at the coverage Smyrna has and that is from only two sites. I don't think they need to do that in Dover, they need to add a few sites inside the city and add a few on the peripheries (Those outside sectors could be tuned for distance though). I also think they need to begin adding sites in Smyrna, there is all ready significant development there and more has been approved, just not built yet.

The beach sites need B41 and two B25 carriers (though a single 10 MHz would be better) and B26, at least during the tourist season. And the beaches need more sites, both macro and pico. The numbers of users in an area like that are probably staggering.

Found 2 sites on way home brookside and university delaware added second carrier band 41 ,so they started ???? update coverage still weak on brookside and speeds about 50mbps up from 20. University site great coverage best i seen on band 41

• Like 1

My friend that works at Dover AFB just left for T-Mobile today. I guess I can't blame him, the network needs some time to improve before he'll come back to Sprint. 

Sucks because now I don't have a contact in DE to see how the network is progressing. :(