LTE phones support Clear's LTE?

I'm pretty sure the game plan remains largely the same as Clearwire's standalone plan: use 2600 for offloading traffic in high density areas, and perhaps selling 2600-only LTE as a home broadband solution in those areas. The only main difference under Sprint control is that Sprint can now decide where to deploy 2600 based on its overall needs, rather than Clearwire deploying based on their independent goals.

The wildcard is whether NV's design carried through 2600 support as was originally planned. If it did, there will be a lot more 2600 deployed than if it requires new construction.

I would think that in urban areas such as NYC, the 1900 tower density may allow 2600 to be deployed on it just fine?

New York has much higher tower density than even what is needed for 2.5 GHz. Most "urban" (not counting a lot of cities in the South whose urban areas are really just ghettos with suburb density) areas should already have spacing that would work perfectly for seamless outdoor coverage.

Whether or not Sprint decides it would be worth it to blanket deploy remains to be seen. I think that would be the eventual trend, but initially the hotspot model would make more sense.

• Like 1

New York has much higher tower density than even what is needed for 2.5 GHz. Most "urban" (not counting a lot of cities in the South whose urban areas are really just ghettos with suburb density) areas should already have spacing that would work perfectly for seamless outdoor coverage.

Whether or not Sprint decides it would be worth it to blanket deploy remains to be seen. I think that would be the eventual trend, but initially the hotspot model would make more sense.

I'll take whatever I can get for my city ;)