Deval

Sprint iPad Mini - Thoughts, App suggestions, etc.

What type of apps are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Games, productivity.

Games, productivity.

Games: I would recommend 8 ball pool, deer hunter, or bridge construction (if you enjoy the engineering-type form of entertainment). And for productivity, the only business-oriented apps that I use are "piikki" which organizes all of my business receipts with photos and generates beautiful expense reports. Also, "check" has really helped organize all the bills in my life. Having every due date, all account info, and even the ability to pay (with a small convenience charge) right from the app is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So, I hate to revive an old thread, but I just jumped on an iPad mini deal on Easy Pay, and now I need more app suggestions. And no, Office for iPad is out of the question because I'm not paying for Office 365. Microsoft sucks for that requirement.

Not sure if it still exists but there used to be a Microsoft office equivalent via jail breaking (from a legal repo too).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Apple's productivity suite is free now. Pages, Keynote, Numbers. Fully functional, no need to pay like with Office. 

The normal Sprint iPad Mini is B25, while the retina is B25+B26, right? 

• Like 1

Apple's productivity suite is free now. Pages, Keynote, Numbers. Fully functional, no need to pay like with Office. 

The normal Sprint iPad Mini is B25, while the retina is B25+B26, right? 

Yep, the Mini retina is 25/26

Games - Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs Zombies, Angry Birds, Threes, Stellar Wars, Clash of Clans

Games - Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs Zombies, Angry Birds, Threes, Stellar Wars, Clash of Clans

Already own Plants vs Zombies and I look forward to the game play. :) As for Angry Birds, I lost interest early, but might give it a try on the bigger screen.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if it still exists but there used to be a Microsoft office equivalent via jail breaking (from a legal repo too).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm not going to jailbreak my iPad mini. And I'm going to pass on the Microsux Office for now. I have a lot of good uses for Numbers on there and plan on using it for a number of spreadsheets.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

The GBA4IOS is also a lot of fun to play on the iPad.  Goto www.gba4iosapp.com from Safari on your iPad to get it.  You have to set your clock back to before 2/18/14 first, but once you launch it, you can fix the time without issue.

Since this thread isn't dedicated to apps only, what do you think of this case?

Zagg Keys Folio for iPad mini

• Like 1

Well, my iPad mini has run it's course. I'm calling to cancel it today, and will most likely keep it as a wifi device, but I don't see me using it much anymore.