kckid

S III TO GET GALAXY NOTE II FEATURES

If I had a Galaxy S3...and a million dollars, I would do two apps at the same time.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

Two girls and one S3?

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 6

Its been released all over Europe. Still waiting for US carriers to get it, and hopefully it comes soon. There are some buggy ROMs with it, but would rather have it working 100% than with bugs

Hopefully US carriers get these features. I like the split screen and multitask on a smartphone.

• Like 1

This REALLY excites me, I love the multi-window feature. I can't wait!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By aerxx
      I have a unique problem. Sprint is going to replace my phone because the screen went out. Touch screen still works, just the back-light or whatever won't illuminate the screen, but I have a custom ROM on the phone with a custom recovery.

I need to reset my phone because of my personal information mainly, but I'm also concerned that they are going to charge me a ton of money if they find out my phone was running a custom ROM.

1. I'm going to reset my ROM and firmware via KIES, seems to be the easiest way since the screen won't turn on.

2. does KIES reset the binary counter or will it just add another download on to the counter?

Either way I have to do this, I'm just looking for a few answers. Ideally my hope is they just scrap the phone and use it for parts, but I don't think that's going to be the case.
    • By kckid
      Sprint has begun offering the Samsung Galaxy S3 in an exclusive Amethyst Purple color option.

http://phandroid.com/2013/04/12/amethyst-purple-galaxy-s3/
    • By kckid
      Technobuffalo had 3 articles testing different phones on T-Mobiles LTE network.

Here is a summary of the speed differences:

iPhone - Download: 32.32Mbps Upload: 13.57Mbps
      Note II - Download: 57.99Mbps Upload: 20.16Mbps
      HTC ONE - Download: 27Mbps Upload: 11.52MBps

Why is a big difference between the HTC ONE and the Note II.?
      I don't know how many test were run, and if these are averages, but it doesn't look good for HTC to be the slowest.
    • By spotmeterf64
      Hi all,

I've been using a 3G BlackBerry for the past few months, and it's pretty boring. Sure BlackBerries are great phones (I love the keyboard and email/messaging capabilities the most), but the main reason I stick with it is the reception/antenna on the Galaxy Nexus made the phone nearly unusable, coupled with poor battery life. With the BlackBerry, although I get excellent reception, I do not feel as though I am getting my money's worth out of Sprint's plans.

My apartment is in a marginal Sprint coverage zone, so I need a phone with a strong antenna to be usable. BlackBerries are famous for this; the Nexus failed.

Airave is a non-starter because it has to be by a window (ugly) and my neighbor has an Airave already; I believe this is the reason I had problems before with my Airave. My phone would try to handshake between two Airaves and drop the call. I am unsure if there is a way to tell your phone to only connect to one Airave or not; I returned the device.

I'm seriously considering buying a Note II soon; so my question is: to those that have used this phone for a while, what is the reception like in comparison to other phones you've used? My apartment gets 1-2 bars of 3G (sometimes dropping down to 1X) with my BlackBerry; with the Galaxy Nexus unless I was directly in front of a window the call would drop and calls would go directly to Voicemail.

Thanks for any insight!
    • By kckid
      The issue appears to be related to the NAND becoming corrupted and killing off the Galaxy S III’s mainboard, which causes the phone to essentially “brick” itself.

http://bgr.com/2012/...failure-262887/
    • Just caught another instance of 3rd 2500 carrier in Shentel territory.  Note the standard 310120. I also note the 414 PCI that is one of the 3 PCI's for the local site used for carrier one and two. Saw this at a stop light and got the screen shot but had to start moving while going for the "service screen". I think I saw 10 mhz, not 20.  I did not see any aggregation but I only got a quick glimpse of the screen before it rolled to carrier one and two being aggregated as usual.  The 3rd carrier was gone. I do still have a galaxy S-7.  I am not positive that it is capable of using 3Xca, but the service screen looks like it could show it. I did not get  a speed test on carrier 3 either.  I went back through the area again, and even hung around on a side street, but could not acquire carrier 3 at any time.  I was surprised to see this as this local site is not congested. Anytime I check the speed it runs over 30 down and sometimes 60 down.  I am not sure if it might be a magic box or not. I was told that Shentel is not supporting Magic boxes. The area has very good service even inside the big box Wal-mart and Lowes.   I would really be surprised to find a magic box or anything else like that in this neighborhood.   Location: Rouzerville, Pa.
    • It is essentially more time parked on 2.5 as a Sprint user then 2.3 as an ATT user, or 2.2 as a Verizon or T-mo user. I see bands 30, 66 just about everywhere these days. Those seem to be pretty primary as far as bandwidth goes, minimum 10 on band 30 up to 20 or 30 in band 66. This would indicate that somehow Sprint is not allowing service levels on band 41 to fail to band 41>25 nearly as often as other carriers are with similar frequencies i.e 30>2 or 66>2. That seems strange to me.
    • Because the other carriers don't use those as their primary bands nor have them deployed on every single site in the same way Sprint does for Band 41. Not to mention Band 30 and Band 66 still have farther reach than Band 41. Also Band 46 is deployed in very few places as a hotspot type of solution. When you're on Band 41, you're on Band 41 alone. When you are on Band 30 or Band 66, you tend to be carrier aggregated with another band that has better propagation characteristics.
    • Using this math, wouldn't bands 46, 30 and 66 also show a weak signal on other carriers? Since all carriers posses band 2 and below how does sensorly ignore this specifically with Sprint?