AT&T may roll out a 100Mbps LTE Advanced network in 2013

Something to think about? No matter how much AT&T cranks up the data' date=' people will still be cautious because of overages. Heck 10 to 15 dollars per gigabyte would make me think about it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote']

I have an at&t data card while I'm home in pahrump for internet for my schoolwork, and I'm watching like a hawk to make sure I don't use more than 5GB of data. I'd hate to have to pay 10/GB overage. Who cares about LTE advanced when even on 3G I'm scared to go over my limit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

How significant is the range boosting effect of MIMO? Is the LTE airlink so fragile that it's still needs a 10 dBm stronger signal than CDMA technologies even with the effect of MIMO?

MIMO does not boost signal strength nor range, per se. Are you instead referring to beam forming? Beam forming is more of a capacity multiplier. It targets traffic channels in more specific directions and reduces interference, thereby increasing overall capacity.

AJ