Network Vision/LTE - Myrtle Beach market (Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Florence, Jacksonville NC, New Bern)

thewezgrays

Hey gang, just saw two Sprint branded autos, just the yellow logo on the door. Saw the first one and thought hey keewwwl, direct2u. Then I saw another one. Same make, wonder what's happening in town. Kings Hwy and 27th S right before the jetport.

After I catch my ride to work I will go check out the boulevard for work. They had a COW there last year, stay tuned . . . could be good :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I think we might be getting some GMO upgrades around here. I have some moderate LTE at home that I didn't have a week ago... I will investigate further and get back with this board.

• Like 1

I think we might be getting some GMO upgrades around here. I have some moderate LTE at home that I didn't have a week ago... I will investigate further and get back with this board.

I love your finds. I will be out and about the area tomorrow. I have a sweet new camera I need to test out as well. Are you thinking the Hwy 90 area? Also, if you get a GCI I can run it against my list.

• Like 1

Is there Band 41 in Myrtle Beach yet? Was down about two months ago(I live in VA) and stayed at some family property in Surfside and still no Band 41. I have been hoping for major Sprint network improvement at the beach but I always get disappointed with poor speeds. I use T-Mobile as well and where that doesn't work great in VA they seem to have their stuff together in the MB area!

I complain about the speeds on Sprint but anything is better than 2011-2012 before "network vision" when 3G wouldn't even send an iMessage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there Band 41 in Myrtle Beach yet? Was down about two months ago(I live in VA) and stayed at some family property in Surfside and still no Band 41. I have been hoping for major Sprint network improvement at the beach but I always get disappointed with poor speeds. I use T-Mobile as well and where that doesn't work great in VA they seem to have their stuff together in the MB area!

I complain about the speeds on Sprint but anything is better than 2011-2012 before "network vision" when 3G wouldn't even send an iMessage

No, it made a brief appearance this summer via a COW.

No, it made a brief appearance this summer via a COW.

Is there any reason behind no 41? The MB market is huge during the Summer and I feel like it would be a top priority!

Is there any reason behind no 41? The MB market is huge during the Summer and I feel like it would be a top priority!

All I can assume is lack of funding. We had a couple WiMAX license protection sites that just came down, so word is 41 is coming soon. We just don't know when. Mobilitie, Sprint's small cell partner, is just recently setting up permitting processes in a couple areas so that may be a good sign.

Most of our sites along the beach are modernized, but go in a couple miles and GMO's are pretty prevalent along the bypasses, and highways.

We hope to see some small cells in those areas to plug the giant service holes as well, and bring band 41 to previously 3g/roaming only areas.

• Like 1

Down at the 701 site South of Conway a ways and I see no work yet here, I will head over to 90/22 on Thursday to check. Still 1x/EV-D0 only.

I drove by (twice) the 90/22 site today and nothing... I either had a boost of confidence from my cellular booster thingy (I get a weak LTE signal on it from the 905 site north of Conway) -- or placebo effect.  There is a small chance they put LTE on the 9/905 site as well but I am not holding my breath... Or maybe they were testing.

You know what your looking at and will quickly know if 90/22 is strictly GMO still or not and look forward to your findings..

• Like 1

I drove by (twice) the 90/22 site today and nothing... I either had a boost of confidence from my cellular booster thingy (I get a weak LTE signal on it from the 905 site north of Conway) -- or placebo effect.  There is a small chance they put LTE on the 9/905 site as well but I am not holding my breath... Or maybe they were testing.

You know what your looking at and will quickly know if 90/22 is strictly GMO still or not and look forward to your findings..

Thanks for the heads up! If you manage to log any info shoot me a DM with your results. I still have no pictures of that site anyhoo.

I mentioned this to my partner, and we have not been by that way since I graduated in January;

"You mean the one we can't figure out how to get to?"

"No worries, you got me that sweet new camera. You know, the gift where I said 'You know what this means, right?' so we good."

"So Thursday?"

"Nailed it!"

I'll share when I get settled over the weekend. I'm in my lab all week(boosters, antennas, and such), and work the day jerb Friday & Saturday. I owe prémiére an update too; I'm on that today.

Have a great week everyone. Happy incoming New Year.

• Like 1

I made a few passes over the weekend and was unable to find new band 25. We cancelled pics today because it is nasty out and we are pretty beat from the weekend. @Sprintcare tells me work should be starting soon, and w the Mobilitie contract going up in N Myrtle, we are planning a route through there next weekend. I will post those findings here and pictures to the map when I get them.

No new developments yet that I could find. Happy new year everyone, have a great week.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No sight of Band 41 being turned on yet at the installed site. Band 25 was down again today, 3ree Gee only again. "Testing" maybe? 

No signs of small cell activity or new installs on my route covering 5th S gamma cell to hwys 17>544>501>701. Covered GMO's a couple weekends back w no updates.

• 6 years later...
14 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Bye bye Band 5. Looks like T-Mobile wants to trade their Band 5 license in Myrtle Beach for Band 71. Post trade they’ll have 30x30MHz on 600Mhz spectrum. That’s a lot of lowband!

I've actually been surprised they have kept it all these years thus far.  Seems like a smart move.  Since they are so well supported on B71.

Robert

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I've actually been surprised they have kept it all these years thus far.  Seems like a smart move.  Since they are so well supported on B71.

Robert

Agreed, gives them a lot to play with! They could do 20x20 n71/10x10 B71 or 25x25 n71/5x5 B71 without a major impact to their customers.

HTC has an absolute terrible performance record of bringing their licenses out of the garage.

700-A, CBRS, C-Band are all still not deployed in their affiliate AT&T's networks in Horry Co, it is leased off to FTC in neighboring counties and they are not offering a FWA product, using PTP/PTMP or any of the applicable uses for these leases. They know about it, believe me I email them complaining often.

That channel kept many of my FWA deployments online via T-Mobile and I am unable to see it brought back up again soon with the pattern I mentioned above. Extra DD-600 will be based though. 

• Like 2