Network Vision/LTE - Myrtle Beach market (Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Florence, Jacksonville NC, New Bern)

thewezgrays

Traffic sucks too... 4th of July week at the beach and steady rain.... Equals 3/4 million tourist in their rooms on their phones and tablets... I have ATT tablet, phone and Sprint phone and all three suck this week...

Traffic sucks too... 4th of July week at the beach and steady rain.... Equals 3/4 million tourist in their rooms on their phones and tablets... I have ATT tablet, phone and Sprint phone and all three suck this week...

Yep Every thing here seems to suck this week.

Speed test AT&T:

1: Screenshot_2013-07-03-18-21-481_zps693c3

2: Screenshot_2013-07-03-18-18-311_zps85538

3: Screenshot_2013-07-03-18-09-471_zps62938

Verizon speed test:

Screenshot_2013-07-03-18-22-451_zps507f7

Myrtle Beach – 2 updates (LTE)

Anyone else not seeing these pins on the map? I'm wondering if this was a typo and it was just 2 more 3G sites. I hope they are starting to light up LTE! We certainly need it with all these tourists clogging up our network!

Myrtle Beach – 2 updates (LTE)

Anyone else not seeing these pins on the map? I'm wondering if this was a typo and it was just 2 more 3G sites. I hope they are starting to light up LTE! We certainly need it with all these tourists clogging up our network!

Man, I'm sorry. That is definitely a typo. I was really tired last night. I'll fix it.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Man, I'm sorry. That is definitely a typo. I was really tired last night. I'll fix it.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Knew it was too good to be true... But a 3G update is better than none. Shouldn't be too much longer now till they run out of 3G updates and have no choice but to do LTE! At least I hope so. Patience is a virtuous thing my friends...

• Like 2

Even at 10:30pm here on the 4th, data is at a stand still.

Upload is over loaded to the point of just craziness.

AT&T:

Screenshot_2013-07-04-22-54-571_zps4c8ee

Verizon:

Screenshot_2013-07-04-22-44-521_zps4745b

That is a in the gutter network right there. The 4th of DOOM has killed all or at lest the big two.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Wilmington, NC this past weekend, specifically Wrightsville Beach.  No LTE at the beach, but I did check the one 4G complete tower showing on the map and mapped out some Sensorly!  Got a signal on S. College St, but better coverage on Carolina Beach Rd.

• Like 2

Went to Wilmington, NC this past weekend, specifically Wrightsville Beach.  No LTE at the beach, but I did check the one 4G complete tower showing on the map and mapped out some Sensorly!  Got a signal on S. College St, but better coverage on Carolina Beach Rd.

I was dying to know if that tower was active, good to know! Thanks! I was actually thinking of running up there... LTE: next stop, Myrtle Beach!

I wonder if that one in Cola SC is active yet (different thread)...

Just mapped out a bunch of LTE at our first LTE site today! Check out the area near hwy 544 and 31 going into Socastee! :)

I will add some more to it shortly as I forgot to turn on my Sensorly heading north on Hwy 707... Too worried about the finicky-ness of the EVOLTE..

• Like 3

I snuck back over that way and mapped up a path down SC31 as well... So I have that tower colored in pretty well now.  It isn't completely showing on Sensorly yet, only at a mid zoom and a very close up zoom. 

Now I am ready to map the NEXT tower :)

• Like 2

Figures they would get 4g rolling out in the Myrtle Beach area, AFTER my vacation there. But it's good that they are starting the roll out. I will have to say that the 3g was pretty good while we were there, most times it was faster than the hotel wifi?? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got 1x800 in Florence the other day at work!  I was out working and noticed that I had one bar.  I opened SignalCheck Pro and it said 1x800!  The tower was on the south side of Florence, SC, near 2nd Loop Rd.  The range was awesome, even through the city with big buildings in the way.  I held the signal about 6-8 miles north of Florence.  Shouldn't be long and LTE will be coming up.

• Like 2

Awesome!

Heck, at current pace they should be finished in the South Carolina market by 5am this morning, then they can work on us!!!

Yeah, maybe they will give us our crews back! MB hasn't had an update at all since all this SC Market LTE epidimic! I'm not hatin, I'm just saying share the love! Having 1 tower lit up was a tease, I was thinking we would have at least 4 or 5 by now. Oh well, patience patience patience...our time will come next. Looks like they are starting upstate and moving their way east. Makes sense as Gville and Cola are the most populous areas in the state. I kinda feel sorry for those Charleston peeps, they have a huge need for LTE and they don't have 1 tower yet. Looks like they may be after us or same time. Like if they tag team GV and Cola, they will more than likely do the same with Charleston and MB. At least I hope they have that type of urgency and speed when they reach us! These last couple of updates have been impressive! Keep it up ALU! Very nice!

• Like 2

Oh, on a side note...

They are putting up a new tower just a bit west of my office at work.  I stopped by and asked the crew who it was for, and they said that all 4 carriers will be on it within the next six months to a year.  AT&T is first, then Verizon, Sprint, and finally T-Mobile.  They just broke ground for the bases for the tower at the beginning of last week, and it's already just about all the way built up now!  The tower is owned by American Tower.  Glad to hear that coverage is about to get a lot better soon! 

This is the location of the new tower:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.375781,-79.99167&num=1&t=m&z=15

• Like 2

Well all is very quiet in our area... I had some major data issues in Conway this morning -- hoping that is a GOOD sign of things to come soon... I am so ready for 5 or 10 sites to light up at a time, just like in SC/GA Coast and SC markets...

• Like 1

Hello, I live in Wilmington and over the last 2 weeks or so, I have been getting very fast 4g on S. College Rd near UNCW as well as on Carolina Beach Rd around Shipyard Blvd. Hopefully, Sprint will have full coverage in the Wilmington area very soon.

• Like 1

Hello, I live in Wilmington and over the last 2 weeks or so, I have been getting very fast 4g on S. College Rd near UNCW as well as on Carolina Beach Rd around Shipyard Blvd. Hopefully, Sprint will have full coverage in the Wilmington area very soon.

Yeah, they lit some more LTE up up your way recently... can you grab the Sensorly app and map some of it, I love seeing the purple fill in on the site all around here.

• 1 month later...

I'm in Jacksonville NC and LTE finally arrived on Tuesday but it began to fail last night. Does anyone have any info?

I know that a few sites have been recently approved up your way -- I would just be patient with it I am sure they are just doing final testing on it... 

• 3 weeks later...

It happened!  One of the completed towers in Darlington went live with the last update.  I mapped out some of it at work today on Sensorly.  Got 18.29 down and 6.22 up!  I'm really excited!

Well, today at work, LTE has disappeared from the accepted Darlington site!  It was on for about 3 weeks, then nothing.  Hopefully it'll come back online soon...  :(

• Like 1