iPhone 5 on Sprint: NO SIM

ferhusky

hello everyone!

I hope somebody can help me out with this problem that i have.

Everyone know, at least thats what i think, that the sprint version of the iphone 5 does not use a sim card because its a cdma phone, right?

so why am i getting this message that says "NO SIM CARD INSTALLED" and instead of having the sprint name on the top corner, all there is is the same message, NO SIM.

A little weird..

I tried cleaning the tray and many other things like resetting my phone to factory settings, resetting network settings...and nothing.

I also send an email to sprint about my problem, and im waiting for their response, but I'm paying them a visit tomorrow to see whats up.

Has anyone had the same issue? and if yes, what did you do to fix it?

THANKS!

hello everyone!

I hope somebody can help me out with this problem that i have.

Everyone know, at least thats what i think, that the sprint version of the iphone 5 does not use a sim card because its a cdma phone, right?

so why am i getting this message that says "NO SIM CARD INSTALLED" and instead of having the sprint name on the top corner, all there is is the same message, NO SIM.

A little weird..

I tried cleaning the tray and many other things like resetting my phone to factory settings, resetting network settings...and nothing.

I also send an email to sprint about my problem, and im waiting for their response, but I'm paying them a visit tomorrow to see whats up.

Has anyone had the same issue? and if yes, what did you do to fix it?

THANKS!

I believe the iPhone 5 still requires a nanoSIM for the LTE portion (at a minimum) of service. If you got it second hand, you might need to get a NanoSIM from Sprint

Thomas

Go to a corporate store they should have a pile of iphone 5 sim cards. I've replaced a bad sim in Iphone 5 before and it rang up free. Also i can confirm you need the ucc for the 5 to function.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, CDMA portions of the phone work fine, aside from the signal strength not being displayed. You can call and use 3G internet without a SIM. LTE, however, requires a SIM. A Sprint Repair Center should give you one for free.

• 4 weeks later...

The iPhone 5 should have the Sprint UICC card installed to function correctly. That doesn't mean that it absolutely won't work without it, but the phone will do (or not do) all sorts of weird things when it comes to network authentication. The iPhone 5 is unique compared to every other model on Sprint's network, so issues stemming from this will be isolated and unusual compared to every other Sprint phone.