Delay/Stalling of LTE connection

So I'm noticing a delay of about 10 seconds or so before the LTE connection gets moving. What I mean is I'll type msn.com into my phone browser and I'll wait a good 10 seconds before the page starts to download, which at that point it is quick to load the images and elements. I've noticed the same thing with Speed tests...I'll tap begin start and wait 5 seconds before it begins.

Is this normal? I'm guessing it might be related to DNS/waiting to resolve ip addresses or something but haven't done much research beyond this observation.

For reference, I'm in a market which is testing but has not yet launched.

So I'm noticing a delay of about 10 seconds or so before the LTE connection gets moving. What I mean is I'll type msn.com into my phone browser and I'll wait a good 10 seconds before the page starts to download, which at that point it is quick to load the images and elements. I've noticed the same thing with Speed tests...I'll tap begin start and wait 5 seconds before it begins.

Is this normal? I'm guessing it might be related to DNS/waiting to resolve ip addresses or something but haven't done much research beyond this observation.

This is not normal. I have never had this happen with Sprint LTE in my usage. Which market is this occurring? Have you done anything to MOD your device?

Robert

I've never experienced anything but the opposite unless I was on the edge of a 4G cell, in which case data was unreliable in general. In fact, if I have even just a decent 4G connection the loading is just about instantaneous both in terms how quickly it begins and how long it takes to finish. What device do you have? Is this behavior the same even when you know you have a good 4G signal?

I'm not sure why you're getting a delay in your speed tests. Those are instantaneous for me. However, I have noticed when web browsing, if I tap one of the links on my Chrome New Tab Page, there will be a good 2 or 3 second delay before the page starts loading, at which point it loads extremely quickly. I always just attributed it to Chrome. Your problems sound a little more extreme, though. It shouldn't take 10 seconds for the page to start loading, regardless of the browser.

Does this happen over 3G, too, or only 4G?

However, I have noticed when web browsing, if I tap one of the links on my Chrome New Tab Page, there will be a good 2 or 3 second delay before the page starts loading, at which point it loads extremely quickly. I always just attributed it to Chrome.

I see the exact same behavior with Chrome on my home WiFi connection. It's why I don't use it anymore, I find the stock browser to work well enough for the little bit that I do on my phone. That being said I have Chrome, Opera and Dolphin all installed as well. You never know, right? haha

I see the exact same behavior with Chrome on my home WiFi connection. It's why I don't use it anymore, I find the stock browser to work well enough for the little bit that I do on my phone. That being said I have Chrome, Opera and Dolphin all installed as well. You never know, right? haha

Try naked browser.

I love the mobile Chrome browser and have yet to experience these issues on my devices. It's how I manage S4GRU administration and sponsorships on the go. There is no mobile admin panel for IP Board and I have to use the browser on the full site. I hope that Chrome continues to perform for me. So far, so good.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I love the mobile Chrome browser and have yet to experience these issues on my devices. It's how I manage S4GRU administration and sponsorships on the go. There is no mobile admin panel for IP Board and I have to use the browser on the full site. I hope that Chrome continues to perform for me. So far, so good.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I've had the Chrome delay issue with my Galaxy S 2, Galaxy S 3 and Asus Transformer. At first I didn't think anything of it since I only noticed it on the Transformer (1st Gen). But the fact that the delay is there on my GS3 makes me avoid it.

• Like 1