How come Sprint doesn't get...

Ascertion

The 3g 4g difference on the icon is small so maybe next time I mess around with systemui.apk I will change those icons to something easier to see.

I do have a Tasker job running that will cause my phone to flip out and notify me when 4g pops up since we don't have it here yet and could be any day.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Saw this recently and thought it was interesting.

CarrierEditor

Sadly, this doesn't work on Sprint, otherwise I'd have my carrier be my name or maybe an emoji.

Actually, there's a boolean.XML under the values folder that you can enable a carrier logo in the top left corner of the phone. (At least for the s3.)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The 3g 4g difference on the icon is small so maybe next time I mess around with systemui.apk I will change those icons to something easier to see.

I do have a Tasker job running that will cause my phone to flip out and notify me when 4g pops up since we don't have it here yet and could be any day.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

I would rip out the LTE icon from the Evo systemUI and replace it with the current 4g icon.

You know that some idiot is going to say that sprint doesn't have 4g LTE. That they only have 4g and that 4g LTE is better.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Lol so funny you said that! It actually happened to me. I got to school one morning and there it was the 4G icon on my GS3. So I tell my friend that has a GS3 on AT&T that I have 4G now. He then told me his is better because it says LTE on the side and that mine wasnt LTE. We proceeded to run some speedtests. His AT&T phone got 8 mbp download and mine got 25 mbp. :D

He hasnt mentioned the LTE icon since :P

• Like 9

Lol so funny you said that! It actually happened to me. I got to school one morning and there it was the 4G icon on my GS3. So I tell my friend that has a GS3 on AT&T that I have 4G now. He then told me his is better because it says LTE on the side and that mine wasnt LTE. We proceeded to run some speedtests. His AT&T phone got 8 mbp download and mine got 25 mbp. :D

He hasnt mentioned the LTE icon since :P

Definitelly earns u braggin rights...

• Like 1

Definitelly earns u braggin rights...

Lol definetly, even if I was to get 2mbps and he was to get 20mbps I would have just said "Let's run it a few more times to see whose data runs out faster!" That would have killed him right there :P

• Like 1