New to Sprint 3G / Came from Verizon 4G

cripton805

Just to start off, Sprints 3g in my area SUCKS. I get roughly 7kps to 30kps, which is good for.... Nothing. I just switched over from Verizon 4G LTE which I used to get 30-40Mbs. I decided to switch because Verizon decides to treat their customers like a**hats and Sprint is about $50 cheaper for both of my lines. I had an unlimited data plan for Verizon, but they wouldn't allow us to upgrade anymore. My girlfriend wanted the Iphone 5 and it was almost $1000 / phone if we wanted to keep our data plan. I was tired of Verizon customer service anyway. They always think the customer is wrong. After THOUSANDS of dollars in a couple years I decided to go with Sprint.

I'm looking forward to see Sprints 4g LTE in my area soon as promised by the local rep. I like the way I get treated too when I call in. It's only been 3 days since I signed up. The Spring Guru claims they're working on it in my area too. Let's hope so!

Santa Maria, CA 93458

Welcome to the site. We all know Sprint has some growing pains with the 3G, so keep it down to a quiet roar on the site, and become a sponsor to you can keep up with the network updates with accepted sites in your area.

Welcome to the site. We all know Sprint has some growing pains with the 3G, so keep it down to a quiet roar on the site, and become a sponsor to you can keep up with the network updates with accepted sites in your area.

If I become a sponsor, what really are the benefits? Is there really a difference? Also, would I have to keep making payments to stay in the program? Thanks :tu:

If I become a sponsor, what really are the benefits? Is there really a difference? Also, would I have to keep making payments to stay in the program? Thanks :tu:

The answer to your inquiry is here

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-Information-about-S4GRU-Sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-Sponsor

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Aside from the above, if you decide to donate and become a sponsor, once Robert finalizes the official Chick-fil-a sponsorship I hear through the grapevine you'll be eligible for a coupon for some free chicken nuggets too!

ennveeupdayts.jpg

• Like 5

Aside from the above, if you decide to donate and become a sponsor, once Robert finalizes the official Chick-fil-a sponsorship I hear through the grapevine you'll be eligible for a coupon for some free chicken nuggets too!

Well then, I should better be getting some chicken nuggets! :wiggle:

Something really weird is happening is my area. All week I have had terrible unusable 3g service. Today I woke up to a speedtest that wont run due to network problems. Yet, my 3g has sped up dramatically. I can watch youtube without any lag and webpages load up instantly. A couple of days ago I couldn't open a page in 1hr.

• Like 4

I also had a couple of dramatic increases like that in northern Virginia. Couple areas where I knew I'd get like < 0.1mbps and therefore unusable data, I'm suddenly getting 1.0-1.5 megabits down over 3G. :)

• Like 3

Sprint really is stepping it up on the bandaid/backhaul updates. My area used to have 3G issues (not as bad as yours or others, it was ranging from 60~450kbps) but now has respectable 1mbps+ speeds all of the time nearly everywhere I've tried it. In other words, there is hope.

Sprint really is stepping it up on the bandaid/backhaul updates. My area used to have 3G issues (not as bad as yours or others, it was ranging from 60~450kbps) but now has respectable 1mbps+ speeds all of the time nearly everywhere I've tried it. In other words, there is hope.

Yep, I went from averaging usually around 30-40kbps max here, to now getting about .6-.7 Mbps at worst....high end later at night can hit over 2Mbps often.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site!

I would suggest to you what I tell everyone these days, connect to WIFI whenever possible. Till the NV upgrades are complete, you'll see slow data, so why not use WIFI if available?

• Like 1

Welcome to the site!

I would suggest to you what I tell everyone these days, connect to WIFI whenever possible. Till the NV upgrades are complete, you'll see slow data, so why not use WIFI if available?

I would use wifi, but I dont have home internet. I only have wifi at the office. I only use my internet for casual web browsing pages, and my phone should be capable of that. Im not asking for blazing speeds, Im asking for functional speeds. I understand that the issues should be related to the tower upgrades.

The worst issue is when I cant send text messages due to MMS. Thats the most important.

I would use wifi, but I dont have home internet. I only have wifi at the office. I only use my internet for casual web browsing pages, and my phone should be capable of that. Im not asking for blazing speeds, Im asking for functional speeds. I understand that the issues should be related to the tower upgrades.

The worst issue is when I cant send text messages due to MMS. Thats the most important.

The first Santa Maria area site was upgraded and posted on our Sponsor maps last Sunday.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Ahh, makes sense now.

Man I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully the sites close to you get upgraded soon.

The first Santa Maria area site was upgraded and posted on our Sponsor maps last Sunday.

But what of the Niña and the Pinta?

AJ

• Like 3

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

It boosted for a week and yesterday was the worst service I had. It was 5 bars to none every couple of seconds. Like if service was turning off and on. 3g would turn on and off too while I had 5 bars.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Mike if you need more Dish data, I have been hunting down sites in western Columbus.  So far just n70 and n71 reporting although I CA all three.
    • Good catch! I meant 115932/119932. Edited my original post I've noticed the same thing lately and have just assumed that they're skipping it now because they're finally able to deploy mmWave small cells.
    • At some point over the weekend, T-Mobile bumped the Omaha metro from 100+40 to 100+90 of n41! That's a pretty large increase from what we had just a few weeks ago when we were sitting at 80+40Mhz. Out of curiosity, tested a site on my way to work and pulled 1.4Gpbs. That's the fastest I've ever gotten on T-Mobile! For those that know Omaha, this was on Dodge street in Midtown so not exactly a quiet area!
    • Did you mean a different site? eNB ID 112039 has been around for years. Streetview even has it with C-band back in 2022 - https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7303042,-73.9610924,3a,24.1y,18.03h,109.66t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s2ossx06yU56AYOzREdcK-g!2e0!5s20220201T000000!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D2ossx06yU56AYOzREdcK-g%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.share%26w%3D900%26h%3D600%26yaw%3D18.027734930682684%26pitch%3D-19.664180274382204%26thumbfov%3D90!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205410&entry=ttu Meanwhile, Verizon's eNB 84484 in Fort Greene has been updated to include C-band and CBRS, but not mmWave. I've seen this a few times now on updated Verizon sites where it's just the CBRS antenna on its own, not in a shroud and without mmWave. Odd.