Network Vision/LTE - West Texas Market (including Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, San Angelo)

nhanges

I 2nd the Amarillo has LTE....

Im not getting good speed and it isnt always on on my side of town. But I have seen it...

Test Date: Jul 10, 2013 10:18:44 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Amarillo, TX
Download: 664 kbps
Upload: 83 kbps
Ping: 117 ms

External IP: 66.87.97.xx
Internal IP: 29.127.177.xx
Latitude: 35.18
Longitude: -101.78

• Like 1

Did you check the signal strength when u did the test? (Please dont use bars)

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

According to SignalCheck Lite - RSRP -117 dBm (10asu)

RSRQ -13dB, SNR 4.2 dB

But as soon as I try to use it it switches to EVDO

According to SignalCheck Lite - RSRP -117 dBm (10asu)

RSRQ -13dB, SNR 4.2 dB

But as soon as I try to use it it switches to EVDO

That's a pretty weak signal, which is likely why if your phone tries to use it, it kicks you off.

• Like 1

EVDO is not much better -97dBm and 1xRTT is -94dBm

That is just fine for EVDO and 1x, LTE is a more fragile airlink, and needs  a stronger signal to work properly. Once all the towers are upgraded, nearly everywhere you get 3G you should have LTE.

I was over by Hendrick's Monday and was able to pick up 4G for first time in Abilene.  Signal didn't last very long and I was dropped back to 4G.  Speed Test results:

Test Date: Jul 15, 2013 4:04:54 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Keller, TX
Download: 7.94 Mbps
Upload: 0.70 Mbps
Ping: 48 ms

External IP: 66.87.97.151
Internal IP: 29.124.53.151
Latitude: 32.47096
Longitude: -99.73354

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/515935527.png

Does anyone know about some of the smaller towns around Abilene and the plans for 4G there?  Sweetwater, Roscoe, Colorado City?

The missus informed me she noticed LTE in Amarillo for the first time yesterday near the I40/I27 interchange. I told her to keep an eye out for other general areas it may be turned on at.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

The missus informed me she noticed LTE in Amarillo for the first time yesterday near the I40/I27 interchange. I told her to keep an eye out for other general areas it may be turned on at.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk HD

There are four sites live now in Amarillo. They are shown on our Sponsor maps that get updated every day or two.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There were many sites in Lubbock today giving LTE icon but no connection with pings of 3000+ if any. Anybody know if there is any correlation to this and actual LTE service? Must mean the new base stations and RRU's have been installed right? But maybe no backhaul? Time will tell...

There were many sites in Lubbock today giving LTE icon but no connection with pings of 3000+ if any. Anybody know if there is any correlation to this and actual LTE service? Must mean the new base stations and RRU's have been installed right? But maybe no backhaul? Time will tell...

I was just about to post something similar to this up here in Amarillo. On the west end of town near the hospital district I was mapping with sensorly and I noticed even though I was connected to LTE, I had no data connection. Speed tests would not initiate, pages would not open etc etc.

Near interstate 40 and Ross-Osage, it is a different story. LTE signal is strong and with a fast data connection. So yeah, I think some sites are broadcasting the LTE signal but without data capability. I don't know enough about it except to only make that assumption.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TheBritton

Amarillo, Abilene, San Angelo and Lubbock all have at least "some" LTE sites live, my next question is why is there not even a hint of it here in Midland or Odessa? I'm wondering if its even worth the wait especially since it's been proven that Sprint has the slowest 3G and now LTE of all the major carriers anyways!

Amarillo, Abilene, San Angelo and Lubbock all have at least "some" LTE sites live, my next question is why is there not even a hint of it here in Midland or Odessa? I'm wondering if its even worth the wait especially since it's been proven that Sprint has the slowest 3G and now LTE of all the major carriers anyways!

All depends on backhaul.. Are the sites there upgraded with RRUs in the air?

I believe so, I took a picture of one of the towers hoping you could analyze it, just don't know how to post pics on here :\

Odessa has at least one site signed off for LTE. Apparently it's not live yet. It should be soon.

For posting, you can either post through Tapatalk, or host the image online. I use Dropbox, others use Photobucket, or Imgur.com.