Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

11 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Still no VOLTE on the S9 or note 9

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

That’s crazy it’s taking so long for VoLTE to launch on the S9/Note 9.

So if the S9 was the Test device (and I think it had to be based on the test cycle) it was running on CDMA for voice.

That’s crazy it’s taking so long for VoLTE to launch on the S9/Note 9.
So if the S9 was the Test device (and I think it had to be based on the test cycle) it was running on CDMA for voice.
No clue all I know is I can't talk and surf on my S9+

16 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

No clue all I know is I can't talk and surf on my S9+

This is getting ridiculous.

What’s the reason for the hold up?

This is getting ridiculous.

What’s the reason for the hold up?

No clue. It did pop up one time on my phone n lasting like 2 mins then never again. I'm not buying a new phone just to get it either. I know I have the unlocked model but that shouldn't matter. Sprint models don't have it either

7 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

No clue. It did pop up one time on my phone n lasting like 2 mins then never again. I'm not buying a new phone just to get it either. I know I have the unlocked model but that shouldn't matter. Sprint models don't have it either

I’ve gotten so used to VoLTE on my iPhone XS that I can’t imagine not having it.

I’m just stunned at the delays.

• Like 1

I’ve gotten so used to VoLTE on my iPhone XS that I can’t imagine not having it.

I’m just stunned at the delays.

I know what you mean. It worked great when I had the Galaxy S8.

• 3 weeks later...

At the Nationals Game today!

My iPhone XS automatically connected to a private WiFi network “provided by Sprint” at Nationals Park.

744E7556-AF5C-4C68-8053-56420AFED14A.png

Check out the data speeds here during the game. Nice job Sprint!

9080C737-D586-476F-85B2-3347FCA5D4E6.png

Here’s the speeds over the WiFi:

F7BBDA3F-761F-4582-A09B-828B53C8A48D.png

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

I see massive MIMO!

I was very pleased with my speeds at Nationals Park, although I mainly focused on the game. Nationals beat the D-Backs 15-5 and it was a heck of a show.

https://www.mlb.com/news/matt-adams-homers-twice-nats-split-series-with-d-backs

Matt Adams homered twice and collected seven RBIs, including a grand slam launched 438 feet into center field in the eighth, to help power the Nationals to a 15-5 victory in Sunday’s series finale against the D-backs.

Overall, a total of four homers for the Nats!

Anyway, back to Sprint’s performance. After the game, I walked back home to Northwest DC and mapped/speed tested in the Rootmetrics App on the way.

Covered up from to the Stadium going North on South Capitol Street to over by the Capitol and then along the southern half of the Mall going west to head home. Overall, I saw some substantial speed improvements over what had been previously collected for some areas. You can see some of the areas I mapped in the Rootmetrics App and on the website.

I was picking up speeds in excess of 100 Mbps in many places. I didn’t see any speeds below 50 Mbps in my tests. In some areas on my walk, it was clear when I entered within range of an upgraded cell site, as speeds would suddenly zoom up to 150 Mbps. I didn’t have to report any slow speeds in the My Sprint App either, which was nice.

I’ll try to cover the Northern section of the National Mall on my next walk down that way, but if anyone who has the Rootmetrics App is out and about wants to cover Penn Quarter/Judiciary Square/NoMA and East of the Capitol, have at it! 😀

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trip said:

I really like this picture from a Washington Post article about OPM.

4TF6JAD33AI6TMPTWIZ74WAR54.jpg

- Trip

Hopefully there’s more to come around town soon! It’s amazing how much smaller the equipment footprint is.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Flompholph said:

There are 41 small cells and at least 40 blue dots. So I am going to go out on a limb and say blue is small cells and red are the other 285 upgrades.

Exactly my thought.

• Like 1

Blue dots are outdoor DAS facilities, I believe.

And I hate to say it but that map appears to have some errors in it.  There are definitely sites that have been upgraded that are missing, though I suppose they could have been done at the end of last year.  But more concerning are a handful of red dots that reflect Clear sites awaiting upgrades that have not yet actually happened.  My home site is marked in red on that map--it was still running Clear gear this morning.

- Trip

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Though you have the usual kooks chiming in saying the usual things about cell sites. It was also mentioned on WMAL this morning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Any word back?

Unfortunately, I finally ended up with an "analyst" who was snippy and just like "does this impact your service?" and when I said no, that was the end of it.

- Trip

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Trip said:

Unfortunately, I finally ended up with an "analyst" who was snippy and just like "does this impact your service?" and when I said no, that was the end of it.

- Trip

It’s never made sense to me how and why sprint is so bad at engaging with customers on social media. There’s no reason for these executives to be so detached from the customer base, And frankly, a number of Sprint’s current issues arise from just that.

That analyst is a terrible representative of Sprint on behalf of the company. What a shame, especially when the issue was brought to the attention of a senior level executive.

Heard on WMAL this morning that Hans Riemer plans to reintroduce the cell tower bill (which was actually taken off the agenda last Fall) for Montgomery County, MD this Fall.

Even so, Sprint appears to be making tower improvements in the County: https://montgomerycountymd.gov/cable/towers/home.html

Click on “Actions”.

7/10/2019: https://montgomerycountymd.gov/cable/Resources/Files/Towers/notices/2019/2019_July 10 _TFCG action notice.pdf

Based on the description in the document, are these Massive MIMO upgrades?

• Like 2