dstrait

Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

Looks as though there is some LTE on 495 in VA on Sensorly.

That's new! Looks like they've finally activated towers in VA. Was wondering when that would finally happen. There have been some completed sites there for a while.

• Like 3

I wonder if that was there during my commute. It wasn't on sensorly when I left work. Had over 600 points in mapping when I got home. couldn't figure out where I got it, cause i didn't see any 4g icons in Maryland where there was sensorly mapping from the last few days. i figured i must have been paying more attention to the road than my phone (which is a good thing right). Then i get home and see a bunch of data in VA!!! too bad there is nothing at my office...

I would love to catch some lte in rockville md at least to see some life and know they are doing something

I would love to catch some lte in rockville md at least to see some life and know they are doing something

I was just all up and down rockville pike and around there running errands, nothing. I'll be in College Park tomorrow, so I'm hoping for some good LTE vibes.

• Like 1

Off south Pickett at the Nissan dealership in Alexandria and am swimming in lte right now. 150 points

• Like 1

Something strange is happening at night I get more than 1 Mbps but day time it's slow as hell.

Completely forgot I left mapping on and killed my battery in ~3 hours lol

wlcnr.png

Well, I was at the REI in college park for the attic sale today and I didn't see any 4G pop up. I forgot to map with sensorly, but I doubt I would've seen anything. I'm going into DC later, so I'll map and speedtest that trip. Although my phone is still reading the 3G upload speeds wrong.

Edited by feteru

Off south Pickett at the Nissan dealership in Alexandria and am swimming in lte right now. 150 points

Damn I am hoping it creeps a little farther South - I was all around Kingstowne today, around Springfield Mall and then driving Telegraph - nothing.

I also left my map tracking on and ran my battery down in 4 hours lol.

This is strange im getting like 1 mbps download speed but im not getting anything in upload is that normal?

Edited by adamo696

This is strange im getting like 1 mbps download speed but im not getting anything in upload is that normal?

If you are on LTE getting 1mbps down and 0 up, you probably have a really weak signal... if it is 3G, there is something else going on...

• Like 1

If you are on LTE getting 1mbps down and 0 up, you probably have a really weak signal... if it is 3G, there is something else going on...

No I'm not in LTE I'm in 3G but isn't it strange no upload speed?

Well, I was at the REI in college park for the attic sale today and I didn't see any 4G pop up. I forgot to map with sensorly, but I doubt I would've seen anything. I'm going into DC later, so I'll map and speedtest that trip. Although my phone is still reading the 3G upload speeds wrong.

Sorry guys, there might be LTE there, my phone was in CDMA only mode. Found this out when I wasn't picking up even eHRPD in DC or on my home tower.

Sent from a mobile toaster

No I'm not in LTE I'm in 3G but isn't it strange no upload speed?

Very.

without upload seed you cant surf to internet right cause i cant load anything.

without upload seed you cant surf to internet right cause i cant load anything.

Reboot. This happened to me. iPhone 5 problem. Even switching to WiFi doesn't fix it.

Reboot. This happened to me. iPhone 5 problem. Even switching to WiFi doesn't fix it.

But without upload spee can you open pages just curiosity

But without upload spee can you open pages just curiosity

No, most pages did not open. S4GRU refused to open, Google opened easily. I tried a photo upload, failed.

• Like 1

OMG 3G in rockville is being so irregular sometime good and after 1 sec goes down

Got a 4G signal at the BJ's Warehouse in District Heights, posting screenshots:

post-8423-0-55464700-1354507023_thumb.jpg post-8423-0-95230600-1354507023_thumb.jpg

Anyone know the range these LTE towers signals can transmitt (as in distance) because according to sensorly I have three towers as of now transmitting LTE all with 2 miles of my home one less than a mile but I get no LTE signal until I travel to the purple dot on the map.

Remember just because there is a blip on sensorly does not mean it is still broadcasting. It could of been caught while they were testing but since of been blocked.

I was doing a bunch on mapping yesterday while driving on 495 where there is purple but got no sign of it yesterday. I was not able to cycle my phone but I did confirm I was in CDMA/LTE mode.

I can confirm that my phone does not pick up LTE in PG county by the beltway. I also didn't get any signal in VA. Either more work needs to be done, or they stopped/blocked broadcasting until later.