Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

Just curious are you checking from the FedEx chopper?

Tractor trailer, go to previous post page and you will see a CDMA field test screen shot of LTE signal strength and map location of tower I was on at the airport, also the Sensorly run from air freight Ln to access Rd east bound is my track. 1 by the terminal I don't know who.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Tractor trailer, go to previous post page and you will see a CDMA field test screen shot of LTE signal strength and map location of tower I was on at the airport, also the Sensorly run from air freight Ln to access Rd east bound is my track. 1 by the terminal I don't know who.

CDMA Field Test does not show LTE sites in their map location feature. Only the 1x site. Our advanced research team of wireless nerds have not been able to find where the LTE sites squawk their location coords at all. So no app will be able to tell which LTE site it is connected to, or any time soon, without network changes and Android API changes.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

CDMA Field Test does not show LTE sites in their map location feature. Only the 1x site. Our advanced research team of wireless nerds have not been able to find where the LTE sites squawk their location coords at all. So no app will be able to tell which LTE site it is connected to, or any time soon, without network changes and Android API changes.

I know it's the north tower because I shifted quarter mile to the north last night and got a better signal. Dulles has 3 towers covering it 1 to the north, 2nd to the west and 3rd on the south side.

I know it's the north tower because I shifted quarter mile to the north last night and got a better signal. Dulles has 3 towers covering it 1 to the north, 2nd to the west and 3rd on the south side.

It may be. But CDMA Field Test is only coincidentally correct if that's the case. It will only be right in the instance where you are connected to the same site for 1x and LTE. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

Here are the 4 towers I'm in range of.

The best way to find out for certain is drive around the suspected tower with Sensorly running. It will build a signal heat map. It will be dark purple around the offending sites.

Here are the 4 towers I'm in range of.

There are actually 9 towers serving the Dulles airport. You have access to the national Sprint tower locations in the sponsors section, check that out and compare it to netmonitor. You'll find it isn't always that accurate.

If anyone knows where the clocktower in Herndon is, I was picking up some nice LTE there tonight as well. Ill map it on sensorly when I go to the gym tomorrow!

I can confirm LTE in that area. Only had a brief chance to pick it up but will try more later. Hopefully I got a bit uploaded to Sensorly at the time. I wasn't able to determine tower and had to force LTE on the EVO in order to find it. I'll try to search further tonight.

Looks like the LTE is coming from 1of the towers along Rte 28 feeding Dulles. Lost the Signal before Greenway main toll plaza.

I also go LTE connection in Loudoun county. This for approx 2 miles on Old OX Road between Overland Dr and Dulles Green way.

Unfortunately i don't have android phone. So can't map it. :)

I just mapped a little on the Greenway on the eastbound side on my way back from Frederick, Md. As for the herndon plot, it looks like my house is out of range of the 1 tower that is LTE active, by a block. Oh well no big deal, my wifi at home is good.

This is strange in night time I get over 1 Mbps and In day time it is very very slow. I'm on 3G.

Not strange at all. Peak demand time periods are being bogged down on Sprint's legacy 3G network. Sprint is upgrading its 3G to Network Vision standards and upgrading backhaul. NV 3G sites perform much better than legacy 3G sites, like you are probably using now.

Robert

I know the DMV area is in the "pre-launch" phase but does anyone know if Sprint will increase the signal range of the towers over time because it seems as of right know that most towers in heavily populated areas are barley sending LTE signals a mile out.

P.S. this is one of the times having a iPhone sucks because of iOS compatibility issues with sensorly.

I know the DMV area is in the "pre-launch" phase but does anyone know if Sprint will increase the signal range of the towers over time because it seems as of right know that most towers in heavily populated areas are barley sending LTE signals a mile out.

P.S. this is one of the times having a iPhone sucks because of iOS compatibility issues with sensorly.

In heavily populated areas, all carriers use small cells. If they use large cells, the large population base will overload the cells, as there is only so much capacity that a cell can support. If anything, sprint will decrease the size of the cells as neighboring cells come online. There are likely quite a few sites that still need to be upgraded around you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not strange at all. Peak demand time periods are being bogged down on Sprint's legacy 3G network. Sprint is upgrading its 3G to Network Vision standards and upgrading backhaul. NV 3G sites perform much better than legacy 3G sites, like you are probably using now.

Robert

Will they ever leave on the NV tower on cause it is much faster it is slow on day time?.And do you know if rockville gaithesberg and bethesda ever get LTE soon?

Will they ever leave on the NV tower on cause it is much faster it is slow on day time?.And do you know if rockville gaithesberg and bethesda ever get LTE soon?

There's a LTE tower that was transmitting in Rockville not sure if they turned it off and Bethesda is in the "Coming Months" plan so it all depends on how you choose to define soon.

There's a LTE tower that was transmitting in Rockville not sure if they turned it off and Bethesda is in the "Coming Months" plan so it all depends on how you choose to define soon.

Where was the LTE in rockville? and i just hope it comes by february.