Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

Sprint showed two COWs mobilized in the update. One at the Mall, and one near the capitol.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Are COWs fed via satellite?

Yeah, due to the drought depleted corn crop this past year, I read that western Kansas feedlots have contracted with both DirecTV and Dish Network to feed their cattle via satellite RF.

You gotta admit, mirlyn, you left yourself wide open for that one...

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Yeah, due to the drought depleted corn crop this past year, I read that western Kansas feedlots have contracted with both DirecTV and Dish Network to feed their cattle via satellite RF.

You gotta admit, mirlyn, you left yourself wide open for that one...

AJ

I carefully crafted the words just to see if anyone would notice. ;) Leaving satisfied! :D

I carefully crafted the words just to see if anyone would notice. ;) Leaving satisfied! :D

One clarification: the satellite fed COWs are tuned to receive only Food Network.

AJ

After lack of interest for the past couple of weeks as of Sunday I'm able to pick up a LTE signal inside my home and outside I can tell its still a work in progress though because I average 7mb down and .80 up off of Lotsford Rd by Wegmean's

s6.png

Finally got LTE at my home. However, you could easily get to this speed if you could max out EVDO rev. A. I guess a Verizon 3G could easily match that speed.

Then I'm guessing you've never used Verizon 3G.

3G.png

s6.png

Finally got LTE at my home. However, you could easily get to this speed if you could max out EVDO rev. A. I guess a Verizon 3G could easily match that speed.

Negative nancy. Isn't that wonderful? You need your cell phone connection to be greater than 3 Mbps in your home where you have a high speed connection? Makes sense.

Couple of things here. You are inside, so that makes what is probably already a mediocre signal even weaker. LTE is very signal strength dependent. As more towers go live, your signal will most likely get stronger, and therefore faster. Also, you are in your home. Assuming you have WiFi, then you really don't have a use for LTE in your home, as WiFi offloading is more efficient in most cases, for your phone and for the other users on the network.

Really? Verizon's 3G is as slow as Sprint? Last time I use Verizon 3G(3 years ago), I can easily max out EVDO Rev.A

3 years ago, you don't have tens of millions of smartphones gobbling up all that sweet sweet data.

Couple of things here. You are inside, so that makes what is probably already a mediocre signal even weaker. LTE is very signal strength dependent. As more towers go live, your signal will most likely get stronger, and therefore faster. Also, you are in your home. Assuming you have WiFi, then you really don't have a use for LTE in your home, as WiFi offloading is more efficient in most cases, for your phone and for the other users on the network.

Ok. When I step outside, it is about 10Mbps upload and 10Mbps download. Pretty similar to WiMAX. Latency is better than Wimax

Ok. When I step outside, it is about 10Mbps upload and 10Mbps download. Pretty similar to WiMAX. Latency is better than Wimax

Then it is most likely that the tower you are receiving LTE from is not the closest tower to you. Speeds and signals will likely get better when towers closer to you go live. In our sponsor section, we have maps that track the currently upgraded sites, as well as maps of all Sprint cell sites across the country. There you could check to see if the tower closest to you has been upgraded or not.

3 years ago, you don't have tens of millions of smartphones gobbling up all that sweet sweet data.

Yeah, 3 years ago, Sprint had a sweet 3G network too.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1