GSlll rumored specs

legion125

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another rumor about about the GSlll. Screen,launch info and packing a quad-core.

Quote:

" it could be sporting a stunning 4.65-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a 1280×720 resolution."

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-could-feature-4-65-inch-super-amoled-plus-display/

Here's another rumor about about the GSlll. Screen,launch info and packing a quad-core.

Quote:

" it could be sporting a stunning 4.65-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a 1280×720 resolution."

http://www.technobuf...d-plus-display/

Guess technically it would be "HD Super AMOLED Plus" then....combination of the Galazy Nexus "HD Super AMOLED" display and the SGSII "Super AMOLED Plus" display's...

that rendering is funny though in the article...as HTC takes a bad wrap for their phone designs looking similar at times, it seems the SGS series gets away with it every time as they all look the same to me...

Agreed. I'm hoping this is just a mock up. Still a good phone, just looks the same as the other thousand slab phones on the market. I'm hoping they tweak it some more to make it different from the others.

yeah, and in the end I think people tend to forget that there is only so much one can do with a phone design wise...they all will be rectangle and have the same general shape with minor tweaks...less you get crazy and go kyocera echo on it. lol

yeah' date=' and in the end I think people tend to forget that there is only so much one can do with a phone design wise...they all will be rectangle and have the same general shape with minor tweaks...less you get crazy and go kyocera echo on it. lol[/quote']

Sarge, I keep waiting for that starfish phone you keep promising me! :rofl:

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Wow...I'm ready to be featured on Nerds Gone Wild after seeing that. Wow!!!!

• Like 1

Sarge, I keep waiting for that starfish phone you keep promising me! :rofl:

Remember this? It is about as close to a "starfish" phone as you are likely to get.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=92

AJ

• Like 1

Remember this? It is about as close to a "starfish" phone as you are likely to get.

http://www.phonescoo.../phone.php?p=92

AJ

haha i deff remember that phone. lol things that were such good ideas back in the day.......least they seemed so at the time. haha

• Like 1

Wow...I'm ready to be featured on Nerds Gone Wild after seeing that. Wow!!!!

yeah it has the edge to edge screen that was initially rumored to have long ago....the writer said that photo didn't look as futuristic as some of the others and seemed more real to him....to me that pic there looks more futuristic than anything shown before...looks like some kinda space age device there. lol

sucks for me b/c i like Sense over touch wiz a bunch personally...

and Samsung just threw a monkey wrench in all the smartphone buyers plans...

not me. id rather use AOSP than TouchWiz...like me some Sense. :)

they got me hooked from the get go. :)

I will say though the Galaxy S series seems to have a following that is on par with Apple's iPhone users to an extent...die hard users that will never stray ever...

I will say though the Galaxy S series seems to have a following that is on par with Apple's iPhone users to an extent...die hard users that will never stray ever...

I was considering a stray to HTC after today's pics. However, that new Samsung pic has me drooling. I'm sure it's timing is no accident. There were probably millions who were thinking about HTC today.

Robert

It's rumored that you can choose between touchwiz and AOSP. I agree, touchwiz is the worst part of Samsung phones. Sense is the only overlay that is worth its salt, but it was sucking system resources... new Sense is supposed to be better at not sucking resources, but.

I feel like a dog chasing its tail. I like AOSP, end of story. :lol:

• Like 2

it wouldn't be a new week without another GSlll rumor, which this thread is all about. If the May 22nd date is true, hopefully it will end all the speculation. It will be good to know what the final rendering/specs will be.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57411767-94/more-galaxy-s-iii-rumors-emerge-home-button-sticking-around/?tag=cnetRiver

Until Samsung starts improving their radios and GPS chips, I will stay away from Samsung and their phones. Also I am not a fan of the Exynos processor and would much rather have a TI OMAP or Qualcomm Snapdragon SOC chip anyday. The GSII and Nexus have reception issues.

Until Samsung starts improving their radios and GPS chips, I will stay away from Samsung and their phones. Also I am not a fan of the Exynos processor and would much rather have a TI OMAP or Qualcomm Snapdragon SOC chip anyday. The GSII and Nexus have reception issues.

I agree with you on past samsings. But looking at the FCC numbers, the LTEVO isn't looking great with reception either.

Hoping the numbers for the Galaxy 3 come out soon also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you on past samsings. But looking at the FCC numbers, the LTEVO isn't looking great with reception either.

Hoping the numbers for the Galaxy 3 come out soon also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but this is in theory. Until people start to try out the HTC Evo 4G LTE phone in real world settings, I am going to give HTC a pass. Samsung however has been proven to have a bad track record so far consistently.

Yeah but this is in theory. Until people start to try out the HTC Evo 4G LTE phone in real world settings, I am going to give HTC a pass. Samsung however has been proven to have a bad track record so far consistently.

I personally use my E4GT side by side with my wife's EVO all the time. I don't see the big deal everyone makes about Sammy radios. I'm sorry, I just don't.

Robert

I personally have never seen users reporting LOS issues with HTC EVO devices like that's been reported on sammy's....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I have never had LOS with my E4GT since the fix. And I only had it twice before that. If I remember correctly, the issue was WiMax antenna related.

Robert