GSlll rumored specs

legion125

Yea, specs are about in line with what everyone expects.

Rumor i'm interested in are the release date ones. Would be nice if samsung plans on releasing it that soon after the announcment.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I must say seeing that it might be "only" a 720p display is disppointing. I got excited from some earlier rumors which had the phone with a 1080p display. That would be amazing. Would think Samsung would want to push hardware boundaries knowing new iphone is only a few months away.

I must say seeing that it might be "only" a 720p display is disppointing. I got excited from some earlier rumors which had the phone with a 1080p display. That would be amazing. Would think Samsung would want to push hardware boundaries knowing new iphone is only a few months away.

1080P would be big overkill for a phone.

1080P would be big overkill for a phone.

I don't see anybody complaining about the resolution of the ipad being overkill. Nobody will complain on a 4.8 inch super amoled hd plus display either. :)

I think its going to be a small upgrade, hopefully not, but after seeing the galaxy tab 2.... i think they're gonna follow apple with small upgrades..

I don't think it will be a small upgrade being that the iphone 5 isn't to far away which we all know will be more than just a minor upgrade.

• Like 1

I don't think it will be a small upgrade being that the iphone 5 isn't to far away which we all know will be more than just a minor upgrade.

I agree. In order for Samsung to keep up with competition, they have to build a better than incremental upgrade to the GS 3.

I think its going to be a small upgrade, hopefully not, but after seeing the galaxy tab 2.... i think they're gonna follow apple with small upgrades..

Samsung can move pretty fast when it wants too and scrap its original designs. Remember last year when they first introduced the galaxy tab right before the ipad 2 came out? Samsung immediately went back to the drawing board to make the tab thinner and lighter than the original they showed off. Looks like they're doing that again, although not too such an extreme. The Tab 2 and Note 10.1 are being delayed to work in the quad-core exynos processors instead of the dual core ones that were orignally showed off. It wouldn't surprise me if a higher end tablet of some kind were introduced later too which has a higher resolution display.

http://androidcommun...essor-20120417/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/11/2942694/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-specs-and-release-date-still-in-flux

I hope so, i'm a Samsung fan, I bought the asus prime until samsung released a super tablet, i'm ready to buy GS3...

I would like they do something like this:

4.7"1280x720 Amoled Plus (1080p would be insane)

Exynos 5250

2gb of ram

• Like 1

Quote from the verge:

http://www.theverge....sor-next-galaxy

Samsung apparently couldn't wait for its big 'Next Galaxy' announcement on May 3rd to give us details on the chip that will power it. Dubbed the "Exynos 4 Quad," the chip will run at 1.4GHz per core and is based on the ARM Cortex A9. Samsung is touting the 32nm High-k Metal Gate technology, power management, and per-core dynamic voltage and frequency scaling. Most importantly for those waiting for the Galaxy SIII, Samsung has also let loose that it will be used on the next Galaxy smartphone:

Already in production, the Exynos 4 Quad is scheduled to be adopted first into Samsung’s next Galaxy smartphone that will officially be announced in May. Samsung’s Exynos 4 Quad is also sampling to other major handset makers.

The Exynos 4 Quad will be pin-to-pin compatible with the Exynos 4 Dual, which Samsung believes will make it easier for manufacturers to make the switch on upcoming phones. It will be capable of full 30fps 1080p video playback and recording, includes an interface for HDMI 1.4 and also an embedded image signal processor interface. Samsung claims the chip will offer double the processor power of its 45nm predecessor while drawing 20 percent less power.

I think i'm going back to the EVO, an A9 based Exynos 4 Quad 1.4ghz and a OC Mali-400... l know its going to be fast, but it's doesn't impressed me... lets see if it has support for LTE...

• Like 1

I have no idea why they feel like they have to stick a quad processor in there. Unless they want to run CPLEX in there. It feels like the PC spec wars. I would rather they concentrated on battery life, RF performance, OS stability, overall quality.

• Like 3

I think Samsung has LTE support already built in, it was the chip-sets announced earlier in the year that still hadn't got it in before the device wnt to market, thus the EVO LTE geeting the S4. I agree about the quad- core. This chip will allow this device to do alot, but do we need a phone with "PC" like powers? I am looking forward to the multi-tasking feature.

Quote:

"The...processor is a crucial element in providing our customers with a PC-like experience on mobile devices. Samsung's next Galaxy device, which will be officially announced soon, offers uncompromised performance and ground breaking multi-tasking features."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57421616-92/samsung-announces-quad-core-chip-for-galaxy-s-phone/?tag=cnetRiver

I am gonna go on record and say that the lte version of the galaxy s3 will have a snapdragon s4 chip.

themuffinman: Android Central posted a news on that.

http://www.androidce...agon-s4-and-lte

Looking that way. Disappointing...

Yep, which makes the purchase of the evolte a lot more comforting.

• Like 2

Samsung needs to come out with overhauled device!

Especially with the S3!

After the S3 is released they need to make a tablet comparable to the iPad3!

Samsung made most of it anyway!

You know they can beat it!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Makes my decision easier. I'm not a big Samsung fan. However, their quad core chip might have made me give them a second look. if they are going to use the same processor as the Evo 4G LTE, is much rather have the HTC. Hopefully there will be some plausible rumors about what Motorola has coming out next for Sprint before the new Evo debuts.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2