iPad owners - WiFi or Cellular?

Odell

I use IOS, OSX, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Jellybean. I like things about all of them. What I like about Apple is stuff just works, until its something they didn't think you would want to do or they don't want you to do. Then your up a creek. They are starting to lock down OSX more. Im not sure I like that.

The only way I see me getting an iPhone is if the screen size was equivalent to the larger Android phones and if iOS eventually allows greater customization of the home screen without jailbreaking. I like the fact that I an have a very spare layout to my screens and still have access to all my apps in the app drawer. Plus I am partial to Sense widgets. Well widgets period. Audio Manager widget is essential to my daily use of my phone.

I think I am good with having separate OS choices for the two devices. They perform two totally different functions for me so why not have two separate devices.

Oh, and the iPad keyboard in landscape is killer. I am two-hand typing almost as well as on a physical keyboard.

Have you tried the separated keyboard on the iPad (pinch two fingers on the keyboard and spread them out)? I use that more often than the full keyboard and got pretty good at thumb typing that way.

I think Apple will wait and see what other sizes are gravitating toward before we have a iPhone / iPhone mini scenario.

I had forgotten about the separated keyboard. I just tried it typing this response and I didn't like it. The keys become too small for my fat fingers and I type in a weird way for some characters, for example I use my left forefinger for the letter "b" but that character is on the right side of the separate keyboard. It's a cool idea though.

I had forgotten about the separated keyboard. I just tried it typing this response and I didn't like it. The keys become too small for my fat fingers and I type in a weird way for some characters, for example I use my left forefinger for the letter "b" but that character is on the right side of the separate keyboard. It's a cool idea though.

It took a while for me to get the hang of it, but now that's all I use.

If there's anything I dislike about this site, it's the bias some people have about phones.

Many are rightly irked at Apple for its "stick up the ass" attitude about iOS devices. Consumers want choices, but Apple is using anti competitive, overly litigious strategy to try to dominate the industry and limit choices.

AJ

• Like 1

Many are rightly irked at Apple for its "stick up the ass" attitude about iOS devices. Consumers want choices, but Apple is using anti competitive, overly litigious strategy to try to dominate the industry and limit choices.

AJ

As someone who is seriously looking at Android as the next upgrade I make, Samsung is just as foul with FRAND as Apple is with their non-essential patents. When JK Shin says things like "we won't settle with Apple" and "we can shut down the ability of Apple to make the iPhone", that's worse than what Apple's doing in my view. At least Google and HTC have negotiated with Apple and I'd bet Google and Apple settle sooner rather than later. That leaves Samsung and Apple as chief patent trolls. Who's to say Sammy won't also hang that sword over other Android manufacturers, or HTC or Nokia Windows Phones?

The smartest thing would be to settle and cross-license. I'd be remiss to say that Samsung is always smart about how they fight their legal battles.

• Like 1

Who's to say Sammy won't also hang that sword over other Android manufacturers, or HTC or Nokia Windows Phones?

That is a red herring -- a logical fallacy. Saying that Samsung in the future could be guilty of the same thing that Apple is doing now is an attempt to rationalize and shift responsibility. Give me a break.

Android is decentralized. Nothing, short of Google itself, is going to shut down Android -- unless Apple has its way because Android is a "stolen product."

AJ

If there's anything I dislike about this site, it's the bias some people have about phones.

I don't know if it is so much our site, as it is human nature. And our site is a mesmerizing display of human nature...for better or worse.

Robert

• Like 1