Non-removable batteries and bootloops

pyroscott

OK, so when I get in a boot loop with a phone I am modding, I pull the battery, reinsert and go into recovery or download mode. With a non-removable battery, the manufacturer would have to put a power off button combo on it. I just spent 15 minutes trying to power off my Galaxy Tab and it kept doing a reset with Vol - and Power... man did I feel stupid when I tried Vol + and Power and it turned off. I can just about imagine someone trying to mod the RAZR MAXX, making the same mistake as I did, and waiting 17 days for the battery to die. :lol:

• Like 1

That's one or the issues that hasn't been addressed well with these now phones with integrated batteries. The OEMs can do a lot with the design and redesigning components for a slick design, but they haven't thought out issues for the end user. I see a lot of hard resets with these phones when a simple battery pull would have done the trick.

• Like 2

That's one or the issues that hasn't been addressed well with these now phones with integrated batteries. The OEMs can do a lot with the design and redesigning components for a slick design, but they haven't thought out issues for the end user. I see a lot of hard resets with these phones when a simple battery pull would have done the trick.

It probably works fine for iOS because nobody changes anything on an iPhone "Apple got it perfect when they stole the phone from the heavens" :puke: But Motorola NEEDS the ability to pull the battery, without a doubt. The wife has had her MAXX since Wednesday and it is entirely too buggy for a 3-day old phone that is complete stock with a half dozen programs on it. It's not like the OS is new either. It's gingerbread with the exact same software as the RAZR, they should have worked out the bugs by now. I am VERY unimpressed with Motorola after seeing this pure junk. Then you add that they scare off all the good developers with a locked bootloader. Motorola might know how to make radios, but they have no clue on software. My sister has the RAZR MAXX and complains about the battery life. The main selling point of the phone... probably because the software is awful.

Also- I had to do a software reset already on her phone to try to resolve issues with a earpiece that is what I would consider level 1 but is turned up all the way.

OK, so when I get in a boot loop with a phone I am modding, I pull the battery, reinsert and go into recovery or download mode. With a non-removable battery, the manufacturer would have to put a power off button combo on it. I just spent 15 minutes trying to power off my Galaxy Tab and it kept doing a reset with Vol - and Power... man did I feel stupid when I tried Vol + and Power and it turned off. I can just about imagine someone trying to mod the RAZR MAXX, making the same mistake as I did, and waiting 17 days for the battery to die. :lol:

I just read that a Volume down, Volume Up, and a Power combo will turn most devices off when in a bootloop. Haven't tried it, so I'm not sure if thats an option