Google becoming a wireless carrier?

UndeadNexus

According to Sprint documents I have seen, Carrier Aggregation has significant battery drain issues. But it may be something they can solve by the time LTE Advanced hits prime time.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That's pretty cool. I wonder though what would people complain about more if their speedtest.net scores would drop from 50 to only 6 at times or if their results were more even but never topped 25? Heck I guess they will gripe both ways. It sounds like there is no real down side' date=' almost too good to be true. Would Carrier Aggregation require new phones like LTE 800?[/quote']

Once lte saturates the network, customers will become less obsessed with speed tests.

• Like 1

Once lte saturates the network, customers will become less obsessed with speed tests.

Your probably right if the service is good. If its slow (cough 3G now lots of places cough) you may run it a lot too. I do. If it was good I probably wouldn't.

According to Sprint documents I have seen, Carrier Aggregation has significant battery drain issues. But it may be something they can solve by the time LTE Advanced hits prime time.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

No more than broadcasting over a wider (10x10) or (20x20) channel if one is allowed to use all the subcarriers. On the handset side, I don't see a reason to use all the subcarriers on a wide channel or both channels simultaneously in a CA scheme. Basically what I'm trying to say is that there is no free lunch, you get what you pay for, RF power is RF power.

No more than broadcasting over a wider (10x10) or (20x20) channel if one is allowed to use all the subcarriers. On the handset side, I don't see a reason to use all the subcarriers on a wide channel or both channels simultaneously in a CA scheme. Basically what I'm trying to say is that there is no free lunch, you get what you pay for, RF power is RF power.

Sounds good. Just repeating the concerns of a Sprint executive. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk