Sprint Black Friday deals

Roberto

Just came across an article at Engadget showing a Sprint Black Friday ad.

http://www.engadget....galaxy-victory/

You can get a Samsung Galaxy Nexus or a Samsung Galaxy Victory for free (with an eligible upgrade) after a $50 mail-in rebate.

Looks like I'll be replacing my Nexus S 4G with the Galaxy Nexus next Friday!

Now if someone would just Black Friday a juice pack so I'd have enough battery to run Sensorly and GPS and CDMA Field Test and Netmonitor and Speed Test and all the other stuff I need to run on my GS3 to be a true S4GRU-connected LTE addict. Le Sigh . . . :unsure:

• Like 2

Not bad ... How much would they sell the iPhone 4S for on Black Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year, everything was around 10% off. I have a feeling the iPad Mini will be reduced to a flat $300, and the 4S will go to $80ish.

Mannnn....if only the Note 2 was $199 on that day as well it would be a done deal. Was looking at some RF numbers on the Note 2 and various devices and the LTE 1900 dbm looked troubling. I know you can't go by just that but it was rather odd.

Mannnn....if only the Note 2 was $199 on that day as well it would be a done deal. Was looking at some RF numbers on the Note 2 and various devices and the LTE 1900 dbm looked troubling. I know you can't go by just that but it was rather odd.
I'm going to be doing LTE testing on Thanksgiving weekend on all my LTE devices, including the Note 2. Wichita Falls or bust!

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm going to be doing LTE testing on Thanksgiving weekend on all my LTE devices, including the Note 2. Wichita Falls or bust!

When can we expect the article on the new testing?

;)

I kid, I kid!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You only need an LG Mach and an iPhone 5 to complete the collection for the ultimate Sprint LTE device comparison!

Was looking at some RF numbers on the Note 2 and various devices and the LTE 1900 dbm looked troubling. I know you can't go by just that but it was rather odd.

Are you saying the Note 2 might be better or worse than the GS 3. Most of the comments on this site so far have indicated improved performance on LTE for the Note 2.

You only need an LG Mach and an iPhone 5 to complete the collection for the ultimate Sprint LTE device comparison!

I'm going to skip the mach. It essentially is a Viper with a slide out keyboard. Meh.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I'm going to skip the mach. It essentially is a Viper with a slide out keyboard. Meh.

Actually, it has more memory and a better processor than the viper. Had an S4 pro vs. the viper's s3.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Actually, it has more memory and a better processor than the viper. Had an S4 pro vs. the viper's s3.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Meh.

• Like 1

Are you saying the Note 2 might be better or worse than the GS 3. Most of the comments on this site so far have indicated improved performance on LTE for the Note 2.

I put all the RF numbers in a spreadsheet taken from AJs articles. Of course the EVO LTE was the worse on 1900 LTE but the note 2 was very close to it. It looked like the S3 wasn't too hot at 850 and 800 either. I use 850 a lot for roaming and I might have to compare the S3 to the EVO LTE since I know how to get into the debug screen on both now. Shouldn't be hard to find a place ;)

Curious how they compare on 800smr but I don't have that around me.

Hope Robert can let me know how the Note 2 LTE signal numbers and how well it hangs on to it compared to the S3 before Black Friday ;)

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

• Like 1

Hope Robert can let me know how the Note 2 LTE signal numbers and how well it hangs on to it compared to the S3 before Black Friday ;) Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

i want the GN 2 also, but I'm in a marginal coverage area and LTE performance is important to me. i thought the GN 2 had an advantage there. It's going to be hard not to pull the trigger on the GS 3 on Black Friday.

(triggers are a little known accessory for the GS 3) ;)

I couldn't be happier with the Note 2 but the GS3 is a great phone too. To be honest I don't think its worth 6x times more than a GS 3 for $50. You could get the S3, media dock, another battery, 100 nfc tags, mobile dock and more for the same price.

• Like 1

Here's the little spreadsheet I did with my comparison... feel free to check the numbers as I could have miss keyed them in my haste.

Phone_RF.pdf

I looks like there is a toss up between the Photon Q & the LG Optimus G for which phone is the top performer.