Why Ice Cream is so much better than Gingerbread

rwhittaker13

No' date=' its not safe. My worst was 130 at the end of August. Now if it gets over 104, I put the phone in front of an air vent to cool it off. But one thing i have noticed is that since the ICS upgrade, my phone does better on its own of staying cooler longer, so that's a plus.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner[/quote']

Ever since I got the upgraded battery, my phone hasnt overheated since then. Nothing like waking up at 4:30 in the morning and getting burnt off your phone... lol

You can disable background data in ICS/JB too.

You must enable a data limit' date=' set it high if you want. Then select each application and disable background data for each application you want to.

Sent from my PC ---- sigs should be illegal, etc.[/quote']

I haven't used the data limit feature quite yet, I've looked at it occasionally, but never thought too much about it. Good way to keep apps from hogging network resources and battery! :D

You can disable background data in ICS/JB too.

You must enable a data limit, set it high if you want. Then select each application and disable background data for each application you want to.

I can see this for limiting network use, but not for really limiting battery drain - one of the apps that went somehow nuts two weeks ago and zeroed my battery in not much more than six hour's has only used 300kb in the past month. :(

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

I can see this for limiting network use' date=' but not for really limiting battery drain - one of the apps that went somehow nuts two weeks ago and zeroed my battery in not much more than six hour's has only used 300kb in the past month. :(

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

[/quote']

The app probably used the CPU for an extended amount of time, and the the higher the processor speed, along with the core count gives apps much more of an opportunity to screw the battery life up lol