Jelly Bean for our HTC EVO 4G LTE??

kckid

Well to hear something is better than nothing... I am sure there was a reason you brought up this page other than clicking on the check for update. I like shareing info with others. If the update does not come out on Dec 2nd I'll keep it to myself but this date just seems right to me and maybe i am just hopeful.

Me? I read every post on this site... That's my job.

Well to hear something is better than nothing... I am sure there was a reason you brought up this page other than clicking on the check for update. I like shareing info with others. If the update does not come out on Dec 2nd I'll keep it to myself but this date just seems right to me and maybe i am just hopeful.

We welcome any information, it's just nice to see something to back it up. If updates do start rolling on Sunday, everyone will be very happy, and kudos to you. However, until I see more conclusive evidence, I'll continue to assume we won't be seeing an update for a while.

Saw that link on pocketables the other day...... Any site that quotes sprint Twitter account as new news instantly looses all credibility imho.... Why not call sprint CS and get them to tell you the EVO LTE will work on WiMAX, or WiMAX is still expanding... It's no different and yet we all know not true...

You can see the same sprintcare Twitter saying they are upgrading the evolte to ICS soon...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Saw that link on pocketables the other day...... Any site that quotes sprint Twitter account as new news instantly looses all credibility imho.... Why not call sprint CS and get them to tell you the EVO LTE will work on WiMAX, or WiMAX is still expanding... It's no different and yet we all know not true...

You can see the same sprintcare Twitter saying they are upgrading the evolte to ICS soon...

In all fairness they did report it as a rumor stating that we have been down this road before.

In all fairness they did report it as a rumor stating that we have been down this road before.

Lol then they should do some actual work and see the other "rumors" sprintcare tweets out....

Lol then they should do some actual work and see the other "rumors" sprintcare tweets out....

If you mean that they should use that information to place this rumor in better perspective then yes I agree. But I'm not going to fault them for reporting it as a rumor. Now if they reported it as fact then bash away!

If you mean that they should use that information to place this rumor in better perspective then yes I agree. But I'm not going to fault them for reporting it as a rumor. Now if they reported it as fact then bash away!

Then they should report that its out too bc sprint has said that one also....or that we are getting ics upgrade as well....

Can't just take the one tweet that's out that makes you happy and believe only that one as a valid rumor...

• Like 1

I vow to never buy another HTC phone as long as I live as hell has just frozen over, “Jelly Bean OTA Update For Epic 4G Touch (Build FK23)”! http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/30/download-rumored-jelly-bean-ota-update-for-epic-4g-touch-build-fk23/ I mean Samsung now has all four lines of their phones (SGS2, SGS3, Note 1. Note 2) and two generations on Jelly Bean but HTC doesn’t have their flagship or first!? I’m so done! If I could get someone to buy my EVO LTE so I could get a Note 2 or GS3 for no money out of pocket I would say goodbye to HTC in the morning! That is really sad for me to say as I love Sense and their build quality. I’m amazed by how far and fast HTC has fallen in under two years, R.I.P. HTC 2013! Mark it!

digiblur, thanks for the info. I think I'll be getting the Note 2 unless I decide to wait for the GS4 in early Spring. The ONLY way HTC could change my mind about another phone from them is if they release Jelly Bean within the next week or so and then release the Jelly Bean second update 4.2 within the end of the year. I mean if Samsung can get Jelly Bean on almost every model they have released in the past two years HTC can do it with at least one model! But I guess even then the LTE issues and other bugs have really ruined my opinion of them. It seems that everyone almost has a bad opinion of HTC now. I have about 15 friends who all had OG EVO's and hate HTC more than anything now and every one went with an iPhone 5 or SGS3. Unless HTC makes a huge course correction they are all but finished.

• Like 1

Then they should report that its out too bc sprint has said that one also....or that we are getting ics upgrade as well....

Can't just take the one tweet that's out that makes you happy and believe only that one as a valid rumor...

Valid rumor? lol. Maybe I'm to much of an optimist but maybe they reported the rumor because they know so many evolte owners are waiting on Jellybean. I think if you read the posting thoroughly you might not be as critical as they do go into a brief history of past rumors. IMHO its also ridiculous that misinformation is being given out over a companies official social media channel. I also prefer good and evo over phandroid for the quality of the posts and responses. But that's just my 2 cents.

I vow to never buy another HTC phone as long as I live as hell has just frozen over, “Jelly Bean OTA Update For Epic 4G Touch (Build FK23)”! http://www.androidpo...uch-build-fk23/ I mean Samsung now has all four lines of their phones (SGS2, SGS3, Note 1. Note 2) and two generations on Jelly Bean but HTC doesn’t have their flagship or first!? I’m so done! If I could get someone to buy my EVO LTE so I could get a Note 2 or GS3 for no money out of pocket I would say goodbye to HTC in the morning! That is really sad for me to say as I love Sense and their build quality. I’m amazed by how far and fast HTC has fallen in under two years, R.I.P. HTC 2013! Mark it!

digiblur, thanks for the info. I think I'll be getting the Note 2 unless I decide to wait for the GS4 in early Spring. The ONLY way HTC could change my mind about another phone from them is if they release Jelly Bean within the next week or so and then release the Jelly Bean second update 4.2 within the end of the year. I mean if Samsung can get Jelly Bean on almost every model they have released in the past two years HTC can do it with at least one model! But I guess even then the LTE issues and other bugs have really ruined my opinion of them. It seems that everyone almost has a bad opinion of HTC now. I have about 15 friends who all had OG EVO's and hate HTC more than anything now and every one went with an iPhone 5 or SGS3. Unless HTC makes a huge course correction they are all but finished.

SMH!!!! I highly doubt there is a phone available right now or any time soon for that matter that would satisfy you.

• Like 1

HTC has this thing about being good with every other update since the OG EVO.. Therefore, WHEN (not if) we get the 4.1 update, 4.2 will probably come very soon after. Samsung on the other hand is very good about keeping there promises and releases mor einfo about their updates, so you will know when, way before hand about an update.

Jelly Bean would be nice but honestly the connection issues to me are more pressing. That's what I'm waiting for. Everyday that passes without a acknowledgment from Sprint or HTC makes me more upset. I'm not sure how many LTE they sold but it can't be so many that they can't do something about it

Jelly Bean would be nice but honestly the connection issues to me are more pressing. That's what I'm waiting for. Everyday that passes without a acknowledgment from Sprint or HTC makes me more upset. I'm not sure how many LTE they sold but it can't be so many that they can't do something about it

On community.sprint.com they said that they are working on a fix. The thong is, they are probably going to release the fix with JB.

On community.sprint.com they said that they are working on a fix. The thong is, they are probably going to release the fix with JB.

Don't believe everything you hear on that site.... They thought they had it fixed last time too....

.... no JB in sight.... :td:

Who cares? Seriously, some of you put way too much emphasis on Android version updates. If you bought a device with Ice Cream Sandwich and were happy with it, then you have little reason other than envy to not be happy with it now. On the other hand, if you were not happy with Ice Cream Sandwich, then you should not have bought the device or should have returned it.

AJ

• Like 7

Who cares? Seriously, some of you put way too much emphasis on Android version updates. If you bought a device with Ice Cream Sandwich and were happy with it, then you have little reason other than envy to not be happy with it now. On the other hand, if you were not happy with Ice Cream Sandwich, then you should not have bought the device or should have returned it.

AJ

Don't really care much for JB, just hoping that if it was JB, it will come with fixes for the current issues....

I would even take an MR if it fixes the issues.

AJ

Never understood that big craze on the JB jump. Not really much different in the look of the OS itself.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Never understood that big craze on the JB jump. Not really much different in the look of the OS itself.

Sent from a little old Note 2

I flashed a Jelly Bean ROM to my

OG Evo last week. And I must say Google now is a really fantastic feature to have.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

• Like 1