kckid

Jelly Bean for our HTC EVO 4G LTE??

I think that they are waiting on AT&T. The flagship phone has to get it first. Remember, for the Sense 4.1 update it came out shortly after AT&T's did. Since the One X+ just came out, I think AT&T will start pushing out JB soon. And then the EVO.

I think that they are waiting on AT&T. The flagship phone has to get it first. Remember, for the Sense 4.1 update it came out shortly after AT&T's did. Since the One X+ just came out, I think AT&T will start pushing out JB soon. And then the EVO.

That would be a pretty bogus reason IMO. The One X is only available on AT&T and Most would consider the EVOLTE the better phone. If the update is ready then they should just release it.

Can you imagine the number of pissed off people if this update is NOT JB?.....

If its NOT JB then I can't see what issue other than LTE connection fix would prompt them to spend time on a MR OTA... Especially with JB update around the corner.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yep, can't wait to hear all the complaints and comments. It will make for great entertainment.

Strange. I just checked for an update and it forced me to connect to wifi. So I did, but nothing...it never did that before.

Strange. I just checked for an update and it forced me to connect to wifi. So I did, but nothing...it never did that before.

That's odd.

Would that cause the phone to reboot though?

I don't remember if it rebooted or not but it did look a little similar to update install. I almost did a screen shot but I was driving and did not think it was wise.

Looking more like a hoax. No update yet.

Looking more like a hoax. No update yet.

This has been confirmed by Sprint so it is not a hoax... ...but the date it will be released is the problem. Working with stuff like this you can enter into a oh no that problem needs to be fixed before we release it phase. I have seen one hour before a release of an update to a software program and it go back to the drawing board and take almost another month.

Edited by Exzir

Just a few more days till jelly bean release

To Jelly Bean or not to Jelly Bean.... Hopefully to Jelly Bean soon.

• Like 1

Just a few more days till jelly bean release

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

source?

Hey, kckid the pic on page 4 is what the reply was to. Check it out. Only problem i see is there seems to be a que to who will get the update i think it might be due to the size of the update. My guess is it could be over 200mb but time will tell...

Edited by Exzir

Hope it comes soon. I should have gotten the gs3!

just left evo lte for s3. Still monitoring to see if they ever release this update that is taking forever.

just left evo lte for s3. Still monitoring to see if they ever release this update that is taking forever.

Samsung has made a lot of mistakes with previous devices but they really kicked up a notch with the gs2 and now the gs3/note2. As much as I love htc and still prefer the evo(just barely), I don't see how much longer htc can last in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if samsung eventually bought htc out at some point.

• Like 1

Samsung has made a lot of mistakes with previous devices but they really kicked up a notch with the gs2 and now the gs3/note2. As much as I love htc and still prefer the evo(just barely), I don't see how much longer htc can last in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if samsung eventually bought htc out at some point.

If they do, I hope they make some build quality improvements instead of just using plastic.

This really pains me to say it BUT my mother just got a GS3 and I played with it for awhile and i was impressed.

I've had the GS3 for about a month now, and still prefer the EVO. It's a nice phone that for sure, but I'll take Sense and the EVO's camera any day over Touchwiz, and am not one for rooting, so yeah.

If they do, I hope they make some build quality improvements instead of just using plastic.

Samsungs "plastic feel" build quality probably isn't going any where any time soon but I am more concerned about the screen quality since I hate amoled screens. If the galaxy s4 comes out with an slcd 3 screen then it will make my purchase a lot more tolerable.

• Like 3

How many people compare the "build quality" but slap an otterbox defender or similar case on it anyway?

• Like 3

My evo lte feels awesome when I take it out of my otterbox commuter once a month! Lol

In my experience plastic seems to take more punishment then aluminum. Plastic seems to absorb a lot more energy without getting permanent damage. Drop the evo lte and it will scratch the paint or get a major dent. I still love the evo though.

Sent from my EVO LTE

How many people compare the "build quality" but slap an otterbox defender or similar case on it anyway?

My gs3 came by ups on monday. Went to put the battery in and activate it. Felt like i was going to snap it in half pulling off the battery cover. Then I played with it for about and hour and didnt like how flimsy it felt in my hand. So I jumped in the car and went and picked up a defender. Much better feel now.

Just doesn't feel anywhere near as tough naked as my og evo did

The package weighs in at 364.54MB, um that is pretty large. Seems like people might need to wipe some stuff off the phone to install...