Question about LTE in the basement of a building

Ok I just found out my hospital uses a DAS system. An email was sent out with a planned outage and they described the system as DAS. So I have two questions.

1. Will DAS systems ever be upgraded to LTE?

2. If not, will DAS systems benefit from network vision?

1. No, not initially. Only very busy/popular airports, shopping malls and sporting arena, and convention centers DAS systems will be upgraded to LTE.

2. Most DAS systems are actually owned and installed by the property owner, and not Sprint. These are not required to be upgraded at all, and will only be upgraded when the Owner chooses. In the cases where Sprint owns the DAS system, they will likely eventually be upgraded. But not in the initial Network Vision upgrade.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

It seems to be specific to Sprint. No one else can get cell service down here at all, not even a text will go through. I know for sure Verizon and AT&T users have nothing.

Kasier Hospital here in San Diego, they are using Sprint Direct Connect. I would assume that is why it is specific to Sprint.

Why would they use SDC? Just saw SDC phones in the ER operating room couple times I was there.