You going to Root?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Root?

• Yes, I am rooted already.
    • I may root at one point.
    • Will never root.

• 2 weeks later...

Why to root in general...

1. Back up app data. Like your hard earned score on Angry Birds.

2. Theming

3. Back up SMS Messages

Why to root the Note 2...

4. Have the ability to turn on and off the Camera Shutter Sound.

5. Add Call Recording Feature

6. Add like 20 other features, example: Call Log timer, Messaging settings (Signatures, themes, reminders, and more), Take a picture while in a call, play music while taking a picture, Reject Option in contacts. All simple settings you can easily change that really should be on by default.

7. Because all the other kids are doing it!

8. Multiwindow Mod (Allows you to open any app with the Multiwindow feature.)

2, 3 and 5 can be done with 3rd party software, effectively (without root) but every other reason is a great on. I still haven't rooted mine yet.

2, 3 and 5 can be done with 3rd party software, effectively (without root) but every other reason is a great on. I still haven't rooted mine yet.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

True, but....

Themes using a 3rd party software burns resources and battery and I can theme more than an app can.

Sms backup wasn't alway available without root. But it's cool that there is one. I personally like the developer and support his work of the one I use. So I haven't played with other yet.

I don't know of a good app that will record worth a crap and if you know of that works as well as the built in recorder then share! Lol

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

True, but....

Themes using a 3rd party software burns resources and battery and I can theme more than an app can.

Sms backup wasn't alway available without root. But it's cool that there is one. I personally like the developer and support his work of the one I use. So I haven't played with other yet.

I don't know of a good app that will record worth a crap and if you know of that works as well as the built in recorder then share! Lol

I would in no way undercut the ability of developers/gurus/coders/programmers like yourself to make very impressive themes that work much better than what is out there. Which of course is the beauty of Android and why I love tinkering with, rooting and otherwise modifying my devices to what suits my needs. I haven't yet rooted the Note 2, although I am sure I will at some point in time, if only for the ability to make all apps multi-view accessible.

As for item 5: call recording, the only worthwhile recorder at this moment in time would be Google Voice, but like any program out there, there are some limitations.

And as of the latest OTAs for the S3 and Note2, root is required to write PRLs on the fly.

Sent from my little Note2

Well that certainly changes things completely. So where is the PRL Write menu now?

• 3 weeks later...