Outsourced Customer Support

Boosted20V

Back in July I had issues with my EVO and needed to call customer support. Always got an American when I called. Just had to call for activation issues regarding my moms line and it's now apparently been outsourced to India. I haven't seen anything in the news about this. Anyone else experience this?

Back in July I had issues with my EVO and needed to call customer support. Always got an American when I called. Just had to call for activation issues regarding my moms line and it's now apparently been outsourced to India. I haven't seen anything in the news about this. Anyone else experience this?

Hmmm. I have never had a Sprint call that didn't seem stateside based. I hope they haven't made any changes to American customer support. I know some companies have overflow contract during exceptionally busy times to foreign call centers. I hope that is all this is.

Robert

Hmmm. I have never had a Sprint call that didn't seem stateside based. I hope they haven't made any changes to American customer support. I know some companies have overflow contract during exceptionally busy times to foreign call centers. I hope that is all this is.

Robert

My take is that, because of Hurricane Sandy, customer support is overwhelmed and so Sprint had to outsource to India.

• Like 2

My take is that, because of Hurricane Sandy, customer support is overwhelmed and so Sprint had to outsource to India.

That's a good point! The person was knowledgeable but I could definitely tell english wasn't a native language.

Really? I'm not sure if something has changed but every time I called Sprint a few years ago it was outsourced.. Just recently have I have been getting stateside reps. I actually am surprised when I get an American on the phone.

Really? I'm not sure if something has changed but every time I called Sprint a few years ago it was outsourced.. Just recently have I have been getting stateside reps. I actually am surprised when I get an American on the phone.

Sprint has many massive call centers around the country. Even one here in New Mexico. They definitely do a lot of calls stateside. Although, not everyone in America is free from a foreign accent either. ;)

Robert

• Like 1

It seems as of late ( this last month or so), the calls for me are all outsourced. It feels that way at least. I can handle it to a point. if they are state side, they need to learn to understand better.

I've had it about 50/50 foreign to American ratio since I've last called. Called I think 2-3 times in the last month. One lady was so hard to understand.

lol. I'll call and get someone and hangup if I can't understand them... normally it is 50/50.

Honestly, I don't care if they're in America or outsourced. All I care about is their ability to get their job done, which seems pretty uniform across all call centers.

• Like 2

I've not had one that was outsourced in in many years. Granted, I don't call that often. In fact the last 3 or 4 times I've called over the past year or so (for activations and one service issue that was network based an PROMPTLY resolved) they've all been state side. When they answer they say this is so and so at the call center in Any Town, USA.

If the customer service rep on the other end of the line says in an Apu like voice, "Oh, yes, I will do the necessary," then you might be calling India.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

I've never gotten a representative in India in all of the years that Ive had Sprint. I know that Sprint has had a call center in the Philippines for a while, but since I never use telesales I haven't gotten that call center in many years. Every time that I call in, I get someone here in the god ole US of A. :)

There have been no significant changes to suppport and deselecting any North American contact centesrs. May have routed due to a call center being down, overflow, etc. Also, routing can also be determined based on information entered in the IVR.

If the customer service rep on the other end of the line says in an Apu like voice, "Oh, yes, I will do the necessary," then you might be calling India.

;)

AJ

Then they end the call with "thank you call again"

• Like 3

Depending on the type of call would determine how its routed for service. I have called telesales many times in the past and have gotten someone from India quite a few times but now that I think about it it hasn't happened in a few years I don't think. There is a call center in the Bahamas as well, I have spoken to people there quite a few times.

The one department that is completely outsourced is the port department. I deal with them a few times a month for the last year and every time it is clearly some one in India.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The one department that is completely outsourced is the port department. I deal with them a few times a month for the last year and every time it is clearly some one in India.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I ported my number a month or so ago, and the woman didn't sound Indian all. Couldn't place the accent though. Maybe Caribbean?

I ported my number a month or so ago' date=' and the woman didn't sound Indian all. Couldn't place the accent though. Maybe Caribbean?[/quote']

Did she sound like LaBarbara? Maybe she is from the future?

etedyzet.jpg

http://futurama.wikia.com/wiki/LaBarbara_Conrad

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Did she sound like LaBarbara? Maybe she is from the future?

etedyzet.jpg

http://futurama.wikia.com/wiki/LaBarbara_Conrad

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

I don't watch Futurama, but based purely on her appearance, yes, she did sound like LaBarbara. :rofl:

But honestly, she would tone up her voice at the end of each sentence and hold out the last word, so it was like:

"Okay, I got your account up. I see you have the number xxx-xxx-xxxx, and you would like to port what numBER TO ITTTT?

• Like 1

;)

AJ

This sounds like what I get everytime I contact sprint via chat.

I ported my number a month or so ago, and the woman didn't sound Indian all. Couldn't place the accent though. Maybe Caribbean?

There is a call center in the Bahamas, that's probably where your call was routed.

• Like 1