eHRPD Sightings

Do you have a Photon LTE? There is a known issue with the device registering the Sprint account. Contact support and they can assist.

eHPRD and EvDo bounce back and forth all the time even where LTE is deployed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

Yes, I do. I work at an ASC and unfortunately that isn't the problem. I just thought that it was odd that every phone here was on EvDo when I have always gotten eHRPD since it was launched here. The other phones are back to eHRPD now. I didn't know that they go back and forth all the time. Thanks!

I'm in Bernalillo right now driving to ABQ and I can confirm I am on EVDO also. No eHRPD on my note 2.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I have a few friends at work with Galaxy S3s. Both of them are have the same PRL, same software 4.1.1 but only one of them will connect to eHRPD. Ive powercycled\toggled airplane mode but one of them is always connected to EVDO. Is there a technical reason for this or just something wrong with the phone?

This issue i have had with my galaxy nexus, but it is a simpe setting problem that can be fixed by entering the ##DATA#, or on newer versions of android, or certain phones, its *#*#DATA#*#*. After you have your MSL code, go into advanced settings(on phones with jellybean 4.1.2 or higher, it should be under the "others/more tab), and look for eHRPD. Once entered, it should have an option to turn it on or off. When i first had this problem, eHRPD setting was off in the ##DATA# menu, which beats me because at times it turns itself back off again. With your one phone that does not connect to eHRPD, i would try this and it should fix the problem. MSL code can be found by downloading aLogcat from google. Then once the application is open, exit out of the application, and open the dialer. Then enter ##DATA, or *#*#DATA#*#* (Whichever one works) and then once that is done, hit view. Then exit out of the DATA menu, and go back to the aLogcat application. Hit menu, then filters. Once a search box comes up, type MSL into the search box, and press okay. Then read the log until you see a string of text that should be labeled with

"I/EpstBroadcastReciever" (should be green in color) . Then look until you see 'MSL Code ="". With that code you can change the Qpst menu settings to turn eHRPD on, if it happens to be off.

• 2 weeks later...

We have erhpd all over the area here in Burlington Vermont. I see that network vision is already 30% finished in this market. I wonder if i'll be seeing lte pretty soon? I'm happy with 3g though. I've been getting almost 2 mbps down. I can't wait to see how fast lte will be in this market. Not too many sprint users up here so the network is never over loaded. Most people seem to have at&t or Verizon even though sprint is a b viable option.

I too have a PhotonQ LTE, and I think the latest firmware update (that everyone wondered what it did) fixed the LTE problem. Before when in LTE areas it would take forever to connect, and I'd have to pretty much reboot to get back on 4G if I left 4G coverage and came back into it-since the 4G portion seemed to "freeze".

Now the phone jumps between 3G and 4G as it should--and it's actually pretty aggressive about holding on to a 4G signal once it has it even when in the presence of a non-4G site that is closer , which is great (a 1 bar LTE signal gives around 2 megs down with 90 ms. Latency which is still better than full signal EV-DO).

N

Ok is this a bug or not?. on my note 2 I was getting EVDO all through out Sacramento.

This AM Phone had dreaded Carrier Unknown. Call to sprint had me redo activation via ##742. Noticed this afternoon sites are reporting eHRPD now.

Is this a bug in the Note 2 on displaying EVDO versus eHRPD or wondering if eHRPD came alive today and new PRL was pushed to phone

Ok is this a bug or not?. on my note 2 I was getting EVDO all through out Sacramento.

This AM Phone had dreaded Carrier Unknown. Call to sprint had me redo activation via ##742. Noticed this afternoon sites are reporting eHRPD now.

Is this a bug in the Note 2 on displaying EVDO versus eHRPD or wondering if eHRPD came alive today and new PRL was pushed to phone

The only time I've noticed my phone changing to EvDO is when I change the Network Mode to 'CDMA'. Otherwise, if it's on LTE/CDMA or Automatic, eHRPD kicks in like it should.

I have noticed receiving eHRPD in and around the St. Cloud, MN market for the past few weeks, maybe longer. Connected to eHRPD, i just got 1.13 megs down and .5 up. The Minneapolis metro area and surrounding markets are adding more sites pretty quickly and the purple on Sensorly has been growing rapidly as of late! I believe MPLS is set to go live this Spring. I even see they are getting LTE in Duluth. I anticipate having LTE in St. Cloud (60 miles from Minneapolis, northwest) pretty soon.

I got -92dbm 2 asu eHRPD:13 and just got 1.7Mbs down .861Mbs up...I live in SE Idaho. We just barely got Sprint 3G in Oct 2010. My S3 always said Evdo Rev A:6, but the Note 2 I just got connects to eHRPD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does a tower need the new NV panels or have 3g advanced for phones to have eHRPD:13?

eHRPD is software based i believe. Its deployed to clusters of sites at a given time to allow a smooth, quick transition from 3G to LTE. The only difference you may notice is a lower ping. Speeds should remain the same unless NV upgrades begin on the sites that you are connected to.

FWIW, My Evo 4G LTE here in Phoenix now indicates it is connected to "CDMA eHRPD." So the software piece is in place, and we now contracts have been pulled... Work faster, big yellow! ;)

Keep checking for LTE! I usually do my normal check every morning when i wake up. Havent found LTE yet, but my 3G speeds have been increasing more and more over the months. Im hoping to get LTE service soon. I feel bad for my wifi.. Ive used at least 3GB of data in a day on wifi. No wonder why i decided to go to sprint, because they have unlimited data! :rofl:

eHRPD is software based i beluieve. Its deployed to clusters of sites at a given time to allow a smooth, quick transition from 3G to LTE. The only difference you may notice is a lower ping. Speeds should remain the same unless NV upgrades begin on the sites that you are connected to.

Thanks for that info and i have noticed that the ping has gone from 150 average to about 250-500 sometimes it even goes to 1000 on the ping, i noticed that on December of last year they added a small set of antennas, but i think this has made my speeds go down because this tower is rarely packed and speed just go way down to .05mbs when they use to always be above .95 on average

. Any one else have this issue.

Thanks for that info and i have noticed that the ping has gone from 150 average to about 250-500 sometimes it even goes to 1000 on the ping, i noticed that on December of last year they added a small set of antennas, but i think this has made my speeds go down because this tower is rarely packed and speed just go way down to .05mbs when they use to always be above .95 on average

. Any one else have this issue.

Not a problem. And I do have that issue occasionally. My download speeds tend to change daily. Sometimes they are faster, and other times they are killer slow. It confuses me lol

Not a problem. And I do have that issue occasionally. My download speeds tend to change daily. Sometimes they are faster, and other times they are killer slow. It confuses me lol

That is entirely based on what other users on that tower/sector are doing. It's quite possible the slow times are when everyone is using their data, whether they realize it or not. For example, Google Play updating all 50+ apps a person has downloaded because their battery saver app keeps turning data off all the time, but now they have it plugged in so it turns it on and there are a ton waiting to update.

This is why I'm an advocate for people utilizing WiFi at home and checking for app updates there, where the spectrum constraints are non-existent.

• Like 1

This morning, coming off of my airrave in Hawaii, I couldn't get any data, restarted my phone still no data. Switched from CDMA/LTE to CDMA and got data. Just switched it back and it says I'm connected to eHRPD but there's no connection. In the debug it shows under eHRPD engineering that I need to fix APN list. At least there's some progress here in Hawaii for network vision, hopefully rollout is soon :)

This morning, coming off of my airrave in Hawaii, I couldn't get any data, restarted my phone still no data. Switched from CDMA/LTE to CDMA and got data. Just switched it back and it says I'm connected to eHRPD but there's no connection. In the debug it shows under eHRPD engineering that I need to fix APN list. At least there's some progress here in Hawaii for network vision, hopefully rollout is soon :)

Dont worry, once sprint completes the 3G upgrades in your area, LTE should arrive quickly after. The process that takes longer is replacing the older CDMA equipment with new CDMA equipment. You should see your 3G speeds get better and better over time. So the good thing here is you will have more acceptiable 3G speeds until LTE arrives. Good luck and i hope you catch some LTE soon! :D

never mind, it was an issue with provisioning. my phone somehow got deactivated and I called Sprint because I couldn't activate over the phone and when it came back up it was on the LTE setting and data worked