Galaxy S3 & Airvana (not the Samsung version, the Airvana 2.0)

jonathanm1978

Mine was unplugged for a week and they never called.

Sent from the EVO 4G sometimes-LTE

Same here.

I don't really think the Airave is a waste of time, as it does have it's logical use and if working appropriately, does exactly what it should. Granted, devices have trouble and don't always work well, and maybe a soak test would've benefited Sprint with the Airvana 2.0 instead of just punching it out to people before knowing it worked as it was supposed to.

I'm betting that the 2.5 has better memory capacity for upgraded software so if issues arise, they can be addressed without having the customer need to call in, get a trouble ticket, get a replacement, and swap-out devices.

Where I live, the Airave can't just hand-off to another tower when I leave, because there is no Sprint network for it to do so with...I have a strong Verizon signal when I'm not in my Airave coverage, but the Airave won't hand-off from Airave coverage to roaming coverage....which makes sense.

I could unplug my Airave right now and get 3-4 bars inside on my SGS3. But that's roaming 3-4 bars, and if I was to do so for too long, Sprint would send me that letter saying "You are the weakest link, goodbye."

I've had mine unplugged for up to 2 weeks..back when I was trying to test different ways of having my internet connected to in different ways (because even though I don't like to admit it, I do put quite a strain on my DSL connection.)

But so far, texts are sent within 1-2 seconds of hitting "send"...and I've sent my wife texts and she receives them rather quickly

( <15 seconds after I have sent.)

Mine was unplugged due to utility issues ;)

I put mine behind my router as I didn't like the idea of someone else's device controlling and passing all my data. I can QOS it myself along with my other VoIP line if I need to. It's even on it's own VLAN that I throw devices on that I have no control over (satellite receivers, security system, etc). I let them all "play" in their own sandbox away from my PC's and such. Yes, it's kind of tinfoil hatty but trust is the number security hole.

Mine was unplugged due to utility issues ;)

I put mine behind my router as I didn't like the idea of someone else's device controlling and passing all my data. I can QOS it myself along with my other VoIP line if I need to. It's even on it's own VLAN that I throw devices on that I have no control over (satellite receivers, security system, etc). I let them all "play" in their own sandbox away from my PC's and such. Yes, it's kind of tinfoil hatty but trust is the number security hole.

I wish you had time to walk me through setting up a QoS on my Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N.

I'm not totally up-to-speed on what QoS would give me...

since I make my own repeaters with compatible DDWRT routers, I'm sure I could grasp rather quickly..just never took the time to actually sit down and make myself study it.

My biggest problem has been making all my routers work on only 1 IP range. Instead, I have 192.168.1.1 for some devices, and a cat 5 running from 1 of the 4 ports into a Belkin N router, using those for 192.168.2.1, a cat 5 running from it into my Netgear WNDR3400 which is 192.168.5.1, then a Linksys E4200 that is a repeater of 192.168.1.1

Bet I confused someone with that, didn't I.

(edit)

Oh, and I give my neighbor internet too, and his Netgear WNR2000 V2 is a repeater of the Linksys E4200.

So I have a BUNCH of routers running...but I need them ALL.

Edited by jonathanm1978

It is either 30 or 60 days of having the airave unplugged before Sprint will ask for it back, or to have the customer plug it in. Even at 30 days, it is fair to say that the customer is not using it, and it is an expensive device for Sprint to just give out and never get back. Not sure why this seems too difficult to accept. And if wifi calling is so wonderful, why don't you download an app that does wifi voip? Then you don't have to deal with the airave, and you don't use any minutes on your plan.

It is either 30 or 60 days of having the airave unplugged before Sprint will ask for it back, or to have the customer plug it in. Even at 30 days, it is fair to say that the customer is not using it, and it is an expensive device for Sprint to just give out and never get back. Not sure why this seems too difficult to accept. And if wifi calling is so wonderful, why don't you download an app that does wifi voip? Then you don't have to deal with the airave, and you don't use any minutes on your plan.

'Tis true. I've tried the various VOIP apps on Android, and they all leave something to be desired. Even being a Vonage customer doesn't get me any extra "android" perks, as one would expect. I know there are a couple of Vonage apps, but they don't affect me much, as I've never, not once, made an international phone call (unless you count calls to AT&T DSL tech support).

I called about my Airave and they are sending the new model 2.5. I'll do some tests and let you guys know if it has the same issues. Also you took my claims on unplugging the device way to seriously. I just meant if you do unplug it for any length of time they will charge you or make you send it back. I'll post more once I get the new one and compare them.