PRL 24009/25009 Changes

I'm in Chicago and on PRL 55009 on my GN2. Is there any way that I could get to 25009? It sounds like I might be able to utilize the benefit of 800SMR around here but my PRL doesn't support it.

Thanks.

I would venture to say that 25xxx series was not made to work uniquely for your device (i.e. the radios will not support all that is in another PRL just as those using the 25xxx series would not benefit from a 55xxx series PRL) so it will not make a difference anyway

I would venture to say that 25xxx series was not made to work uniquely for your device (i.e. the radios will not support all that is in another PRL just as those using the 25xxx series would not benefit from a 55xxx series PRL) so it will not make a difference anyway

I thought I read somewhere around here though (and I can't find it now) of somebody using the Galaxy Note 2 and getting 800SMR so based on digiblur's comment that only 25xxx support 800SMR it would mean that those PRLs would work on the GN2.

I thought I read somewhere around here though (and I can't find it now) of somebody using the Galaxy Note 2 and getting 800SMR so based on digiblur's comment that only 25xxx support 800SMR it would mean that those PRLs would work on the GN2.

The Note 2 supports bandclass 10 according to AJ so I don't see any issues.

Dig around...I remember something about you put the PRL in a folder renamed to test or then use the ##data# option to write it. Google around, it was the same on the S3.

Doesn't the 56XXX series support EvDo roam and LTE?

(That's what I thought I saw when I looked at the content of 56006 compared to the content of 55006.)

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

Doesn't the 56XXX series support EvDo roam and LTE?

(That's what I thought I saw when I looked at the content of 56006 compared to the content of 55006.)

That's what I thought, but I read somewhere that it didn't.

That's what I thought, but I read somewhere that it didn't.

Perhaps it doesn't in all areas. I did not, of course, do a 100% check of the two PRLs, only those areas where I might most need something better than what I have now when I travel in Montana.

For the "Billings, MT" area (in Region 3) 56XXX showed to scan for 3G while the stock 55XXX showed 1X only, and my understanding was that both 55XXX and 56XXX were LTE PRLs.

Then again, I could be totally wrong as I do not have a rooted device, and apparently that is needed to move to a non-standard PRL.

Those are all LTE enabled PRLs. Root and writing a prl have nothing to do with each other.

I am about to update the site with the new changes on PRLs. I will let you guys know when it is done.

Thanks buddy, hopefully SID 22 is on there (Verizon 3G roaming!)

I have a 56XXX series PRL on my iPhone. How would I go about providing that for you to analyze?

I already have it. And are you sure it is 56xxx? Are you on a corporate account?

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

I have the same one on my 5. I had 33XXX something before.

I have seen that one before or one like it from someone that pulled it from a non-activated iPhone. Its PRL for provisioning/activating only apparently as it was a very very simple PRL only Sprint SIDs in it and I don't think it had EVDO either. It wasn't designed to be used except for a the first few seconds of activation anyways.

I have seen that one before or one like it from someone that pulled it from a non-activated iPhone. Its PRL for provisioning/activating only apparently as it was a very very simple PRL only Sprint SIDs in it and I don't think it had EVDO either. It wasn't designed to be used except for a the first few seconds of activation anyways.

Oh I see. Mine actually seemed to work better on that PRL than the one after. But this one is working great. I mean, as great as it probably can until Network Vision hits here.

Oh I see. Mine actually seemed to work better on that PRL than the one after. But this one is working great. I mean, as great as it probably can until Network Vision hits here.

Working "better" is one of the simple placebo's of PRLs. You will really find just about zero real differences of Sprint native PCS CDMA/EVDO service in a PRL of today compared to one 2-3 years ago.

It appears that in the San Diego region as of late sites are going down for hours or days on end. I'm on the 25009 PRL and one major inconvenience I have noticed when these sites do go down (in places I generally had good to excellent coverage) and I am forced to roam, I cannot make or receive calls. Data oddly works good when roaming via Verizon but I cannot make a call to save my life /S with the new PRL when roaming.

Did Sprint take out voice roaming in this latest PRL @digiblur?

Nope, no San Diego changes. The analysis is here: http://www.batonrougebroadband.info/Sprint_25009.txt Find your Sprint SID. Then start scrolling down, that's what your phone looks for when it can't find your regular SID. Once it gets to the end of the geo in the PRL it jumps to the very top and starts working its way down.

Well I certainly would like to get to the bottom of what is going on in the market down here. it's not isolated to my lines or account as several friends who have sprint in the area have been reporting the same issues. So I guess your guess is as good as mine

Are you sure you are set to automatic roaming?

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

I am. And I did try to manually force options.

A strange thing did happen yesterday though. I don't know how to even explain how or why it was working. I had absolutely no service at a Verizon store when I went to purchase a mobile hotspot for my RV'ing mother, but was still receiving good data speeds.

Either my phone has a serious software bug or Sprint has a sick sense of humor. I was streaming Nikita on Hulu while waiting for the VZ guy to go check to see if the item was in fact in stock. WiFi was completely off, G+ was uploading some videos I took of my nephew at lunch in the background, and email/game notifications still continued to show up despite my phone reporting : Mobile Network state disconnected, mobile network type unknown, service state not in service, network unknown with a no service indicator icon in my notification tray as well. things that make me go hmmmm

I am. And I did try to manually force options. A strange thing did happen yesterday though. I don't know how to even explain how or why it was working. I had absolutely no service at a Verizon store when I went to purchase a mobile hotspot for my RV'ing mother, but was still receiving good data speeds. Either my phone has a serious software bug or Sprint has a sick sense of humor. I was streaming Nikita on Hulu while waiting for the VZ guy to go check to see if the item was in fact in stock. WiFi was completely off, G+ was uploading some videos I took of my nephew at lunch in the background, and email/game notifications still continued to show up despite my phone reporting : Mobile Network state disconnected, mobile network type unknown, service state not in service, network unknown with a no service indicator icon in my notification tray as well. things that make me go hmmmm

What phone type and how were you forcing the roaming? The reason I was asking was on the S3, roam control has to do a little hackery to get it to roam. It's not really forcing it to roam, it just tells the phone to only use the 850 band, so of course it has nothing else to do but pull roaming signals. The only problem is, there are several areas with no CDMA 850 carrier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What phone type and how were you forcing the roaming? The reason I was asking was on the S3, roam control has to do a little hackery to get it to roam. It's not really forcing it to roam, it just tells the phone to only use the 850 band, so of course it has nothing else to do but pull roaming signals. The only problem is, there are several areas with no CDMA 850 carrier.

Is LA an area with no cdma 850? Cause this would finally explains why I can't get anything when force roaming on roam control.

Sent from my SGS3.