jasper7821

Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

Well I thought the Yuma market was dead as far as any upgrades or update, I just saw a crew working on the sprint site on one of the towers. Looks like they are installing band 41 antennas. I will post pictures when I get there again in a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9d2a5e111c3547ec46f32d044a40f2b7.jpg2652738f8647395fee7fad6ee1699010.jpg9d2a5e111c3547ec46f32d044a40f2b7.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting setup. Additional higher quality photos are needed!

Yeah, I'll get those later

Interesting setup. Additional higher quality photos are needed!

Is that two B41 mini macros per sector?

Is that two B41 mini macros per sector?

Can't tell from the pictures though I do see an ALU radio behind the shorter / smaller antenna pair. 

I will get my good camera tomorrow and upload some better pictures.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Here is one taken from a shorter distance b4eb591b316e0d3e86baf7573e69ec1a.jpg

• Like 2

I don't see mini macros or 8t8r radio installed.

It could be a split sector site too cause the antennas are pointed elsewhere. Keep an eye on it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't see mini macros or 8t8r radio installed.

It could be a split sector site too cause the antennas are pointed elsewhere. Keep an eye on it

I'm sure the antennas are pointed that way because the crew just came in and installed all 3 sectors really quick. But I will definitely keep an eye on this one. I go there very often.

• Like 1

I'm sure the antennas are pointed that way because the crew just came in and installed all 3 sectors really quick. But I will definitely keep an eye on this one. I go there very often.

So keep an eye. That's an unconventional setup.

Here is a link to the Hi Res pictures of the site on 8th St and 9th Ave.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zyyt37dn1g1sno3/AAA_dOedxIDZUiIk5D9NCYfwa?dl=0

Those are CCI Wideband Bi-Sector array antennas for 1710-2170 MHz. 

I'm guessing 6 sector split with one antenna for LTE (4x4 MIMO) & one for CDMA

Second tower in Yuma being worked on.. Ave B and 20th street. ????. The crew couldn't install anything up too because of a bird's nest.

Those are CCI Wideband Bi-Sector array antennas for 1710-2170 MHz.

I'm guessing 6 sector split with one antenna for LTE (4x4 MIMO) & one for CDMA

So this not a sprint tower based on the spectrum noted? ATT??

Nope sprint sector splitting. .

• Like 1

PCS (1850-1995) does fall in that range.

PCS (1850-1995) does fall in that range.

Yep...I was thinking about AT&T 2.1 mhz for a sec.

Found band 41 in Somerton7b3821983ee974fe06237b8ce8e38636.jpg

• Like 3

What's the GCI?

A 5 MHz TDD B41 channel should be about somewhere between a 3 and 5mhz fdd carrier (in performance)

Edited by S4GRU
I added the in parenthesis part for understanding
  • Like 2

I passed by there and was able to capture this before it went away, I'll be by there later to get more info

Since when has Sprint been deploying sub-20-MHz channels on Band 41? This doesn’t seem cost effective to me...

Strange, Signal check is still saying LTE 1900 d2d9cd78d5bc6d7f4632b09374b10974.jpgda3deeaaa72eafc4ec6afb83d4600841.jpg

Since when has Sprint been deploying sub-20-MHz channels on Band 41? This doesn’t seem cost effective to me...

It's in markets with very little B41 spectrum, and the B25 network is overtaxed.  It is very uncommon.  Sprint has very little B41 spectrum in Yuma and cannot deploy B26, yet.  And when they do it will likely be only 3MHz.  There are not a lot of sites in the Yuma area, so it's not costing much.

Robert

• Like 1

Strange, Signal check is still saying LTE 1900

Because of the last two digits of the GCI.  It appears they are reusing the same suffix for Narrow Carrier B41 as B25.  I would have expected it to be the same as other B41 or something unique.

Robert