Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

QUESTION! if yuma and tucson are obviously having work done why doesnt sprint officially say that 4g will be here soon like it does other cities

Because Sprint has a set timeframe for when it is announcing new cities in groups. Otherwise they would be announcing new cities that are coming soon every few days.

Because Sprint has a set timeframe for when it is announcing new cities in groups. Otherwise they would be announcing new cities that are coming soon every few days.

Damn, the wait is killing me! I wish they would just get them up and running once they finish with the upgrades.

this is the sprint tower by my house a 4g tower,

edit: nevermind i cant post anymore pictures, the tower in question is PH29XC532

i have pictures of clearwire and sprint equipment, but oh well! anyone have info on the above site?

Edited by CaveCam

4G LTE lit up on I-15 by Mission Road, up until about Rainbow Valley Blvd. I did map it on Sensorly but I was getting unusable speeds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, I submitted that info in the wrong region. :wacko:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

nothing really trustworthy, a sprint rep at broadway and craycroft said the first lte signals in Tucson would be detectable in 2-3 weeks but i think this is false

Same here in Yuma, the store is saying LTE will start going live in about 3 or 4 weeks. That was the store close to a tower that has been upgraded so that might not be too far off.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

My friend works for sprint, believe me, they don't have any more inside info than this site does..

Very true, and I too have friends at a corporate store and I feed them more info than what the state rep tells them. But sometimes they do feed then accurate info that makes sense.

I stopped by the tower near me in Tucson (Mountain and Prince), didn't see any activity or one of those signs posted indicating dates and activity, etc. I really hope something happens soon, so that I can actually use my cell phone at my house.

One more tower had their equipment dropped off yesterday afternoon here in Yuma. I will post the site number later. The location is 32nd street and Ave A.

Sucks that Yuma has all that movement, There's like 40 people in Yuma lol

Don't hate, appreciate. I don't think it sux. Besides, I'm just touching the surface of all the 18 towers here in Yuma. I'm reporting on the ones that surround my casa

• Like 1

At this rate it feels like Tucson will be dead last.. its not like we have over half a million people here or anything. At least the 3G has been faster O_o

At least you guys have fast 3g, we still behind on that, though some towers are being fed new backhaul.

At least you guys have fast 3g, we still behind on that, though some towers are being fed new backhaul.

I just wish they would hurry! I already ordered my new phone so im stuck with them for another 2 years.. I really hope i made the right choice!

Yuma only has a handful of towers in comparison. Tucson has the bulk of the towers in all of southern AZ.

Yuma and the freeway leading towards Casa Grande only have about 18 towers total, 1/3 of which are in the Interstate, so that leaves only about a dozen in Yuma and the surrounding area. Tucson metro has about 130 or so, I'm too lazy to count them all myself.

There are 15 currently open Network Vision tickets in the event board for the Tucson metro area, and that doesn't even match up with some of the info S4GRU has gotten about towers being worked on currently (other info I have access to does match up with S4GRU so it is legit, just the NEB doesn't). There are more towers being actively worked on than open Network Tickets for the average minimum-wage Care rep to look through.

Considering work only just started a couple weeks ago, they're averaging about 1 tower a day in Tucson and the surrounding area. Keep in mind, this is 1900 CDMA only. Which is ok, a stable 3G network to fallback on while testing 4G is better than an unstable 3G to fallback on and testing 4G. For the average person, stable 1+ Mbps 3G with a low ping is all they need.

• Like 4

Yuma only has a handful of towers in comparison. Tucson has the bulk of the towers in all of southern AZ.

Yuma and the freeway leading towards Casa Grande only have about 18 towers total, 1/3 of which are in the Interstate, so that leaves only about a dozen in Yuma and the surrounding area. Tucson metro has about 130 or so, I'm too lazy to count them all myself.

There are 15 currently open Network Vision tickets in the event board for the Tucson metro area, and that doesn't even match up with some of the info S4GRU has gotten about towers being worked on currently (other info I have access to does match up with S4GRU so it is legit, just the NEB doesn't). There are more towers being actively worked on than open Network Tickets for the average minimum-wage Care rep to look through.

Considering work only just started a couple weeks ago, they're averaging about 1 tower a day in Tucson and the surrounding area. Keep in mind, this is 1900 CDMA only. Which is ok, a stable 3G network to fallback on while testing 4G is better than an unstable 3G to fallback on and testing 4G. For the average person, stable 1+ Mbps 3G with a low ping is all they need.

Thats about what i have been getting (the 1Mbps speed). Hell of alot better then the 0.25-0.05 Mbps i have been getting since i got sprint. So do they have to upgrade every tower with 3g before they even start 4g?

Thats about what i have been getting (the 1Mbps speed). Hell of alot better then the 0.25-0.05 Mbps i have been getting since i got sprint. So do they have to upgrade every tower with 3g before they even start 4g?

They don't have to, but that's what Alcatel Lucent does. 3G first then 4G later.

• Like 1

They don't have to, but that's what Alcatel Lucent does. 3G first then 4G later.

I see. Sorry to ask but do you have an estimate or prediction of when they will finish and start working on the 4g part? Also do they do any work involving 4g when they upgrade the 3g equipment or do they just work on 3g only. I ask because it would make sense to just get a start on 4g so they can get through the 4g quicker.

I see. Sorry to ask but do you have an estimate or prediction of when they will finish and start working on the 4g part? Also do they do any work involving 4g when they upgrade the 3g equipment or do they just work on 3g only. I ask because it would make sense to just get a start on 4g so they can get through the 4g quicker.

Alcatel Lucent seems to do LTE 60-90 days after. Most of the equipment is the same, panels are already up since the same panel is used for both, but 4G RRUs usually have to be installed still and upgraded backhaul as well.

• Like 1

Alcatel Lucent seems to do LTE 60-90 days after. Most of the equipment is the same, panels are already up since the same panel is used for both, but 4G RRUs usually have to be installed still and upgraded backhaul as well.

Ah, good to know! Thanks for all the helpful info man! You rock :tu: